Honest Question: How Much Better is Belichick Than Everyone Else?

FalconsIn2012

Are they even playing the same game?  I know people say their division stinks, but they would have similar success in any division.

Bill Belichick hasn’t been DC since 2010.  Several premier FA’s have been allowed to sign elsewhere.  And what does he go out and do through the first three weeks.

NFL Fewest Points Allowed Per Drive:

3. Bears:   1.42

2. Ravens: 1.21

1. Patriots: .08

Total Rushing Yards Allowed:  110
Total Yards Allowed:  540

This isn’t even their best roster.  It’s extremely deep, but lacks our star power.  Bill needs to go ahead and retire.  He will take down poor Andy Reid again this year in the playoffs

And I know, TATF.  But this stat is mind blowing.

8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Are they even playing the same game?  I know people say their division stinks, but they would have similar success in any division.

Bill Belichick hasn’t been DC since 2010.  Several premier FA’s have been allowed to sign elsewhere.  And what does he go out and do through the first three weeks.

NFL Fewest Points Allowed Per Drive:

3. Bears:   1.42

2. Ravens: 1.21

1. Patriots: .08

Total Rushing Yards Allowed:  110
Total Yards Allowed:  540

This isn’t even their best roster.  It’s extremely deep, but lacks our star power.  Bill needs to go ahead and retire.  He will take down poor Andy Reid again this year in the playoffs

And I know, TATF.  But this stat is mind blowing.

Best football mind of our time if not all time

12 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

He might not be the DC but he is the one game planning. Guy is the greatest defensive mind ever. Guys trust him and do their jobs. They take high football IQ guys

Yep, and he coaches with a big football I.Q. They also bully the h3ll out everyone when it comes to trades. There's a rumor that Stefon Diggs wasnts out of Minnesota. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the Vikings take pocket change for him if the situation approached them.

7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

This.

We have discussed how average their defenses have been compared to public perception.  They’ve been a BBDB defense for years.  Is it just a coincidence that once BB takes over the defense again they dominate like early 2000’s Patriots, 1994 Browns and 91 Giants?

15 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

We have discussed how average their defenses have been compared to public perception.  They’ve been a BBDB defense for years.  Is it just a coincidence that once BB takes over the defense again they dominate like early 2000’s Patriots, 1994 Browns and 91 Giants?

We shall see, they sure have clicked so far. But too early to go that far for me, as 2 of their 3 games were against woeful dolphin and jet offenses.

10 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

He’s the greatest HC of all time, of probably any sport. The gap between him and the rest of the coaches is FAR wider than the gap between Brady and other QB’s 

I think it’s fair to say he’s the best HC of all time, but at the same time I feel like that’s discrediting what Vince Lombardi did in a relatively short time span with the packers way back when.