D.B.N.

Ryan league leader

209 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, joeyg2033 said:

Still a Hall of Famer? Wow, maybe he can team up with McNabb and they can have a special HOF exemption for losers... Qb's who played a thousand years and won Jack squat... 

Oops...boy's, here's another one. Who said a sucker is born every minute, was a friggin genius! I'm trying to comprehend "famer"...can someone help out?

2 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Meh, we will see. I personally think we have seen the best of Ryan. Shanny made him back in '16. Hard to touch that level of play ever again IMO. 

It still takes a  qb that can execute the system.he did it near flawless.how was he the first year in that offense?alot of these guys weren't here for dk so i dont think he is to blame.it just takes time for everyone to be on the same page.

18 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Oh excuseeeee me Mr. Stats 101 over here lmao. Let me break it down, barney-style for ya

RyAn'S InTeRcEpTiOnS DiReCtLy CoRrElAtE to TeAm LosSeS. TuRn OvErs In GeNeRal Do

Do you know what else correlates to team losses?  Having a swiss cheese defense.  In 100% of our losses, our defense gave up too many points for our team to win.  No outliers, 100% correlation.  Thus far this season, we are undefeated when our defense holds teams to under 27 points.

17 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Still a Hall of Famer? Wow, maybe he can team up with McNabb and they can have a special HOF exemption for losers... Qb's who played a thousand years and won Jack squat... 

Only difference, McNabb had a defense in Philly.  ****, Marino had defenses some of those years in Miami.  It will be a shame and a waste of Ryan's talent if he goes his entire career in Atlanta never having top 5 defensive and Special Teams support to go with our perennial top 5 offense.

1 minute ago, D.B.N. said:

I agree, Ryan's best is behind him. It's only down hill from here IMO. TD should have been fired already, chances are he will throw Quinn under the bus and stay around right in AB's back pocket. But sometimes you gotta accept the realtiy - and the reality is Ryan is an average qb to above-average at this point. Ryan's best chance to win a ring was back in 2016, and we blew it. Now, here we are 3 years removed from the debacle that was 28-3 and we are struggling with a qb who leads the league in INTs, yet some fans insist everything is gravy and no changes need to be made. I say trade Ryan and dump his ludacris contract, free up cap, draft a young QB that is decently mobile since our OL is garbage, and build our defense and running game even more. Chances that happens, slim to none. So it is what it is at this point. But there is a fair share of critisim to go around, and even almighty Ryan deserves some. 

Ryan is above average, and his numbers support that. You don't trade a franchise guy away so that you can take a chance on a rookie QB who has some mobility, and who will also command his own massive contract (way more than Ryan's) in just a few short years? Ryan can and likely will start playing better sooner rather than later, and he does get more than his fair share of criticism. The team as a whole needs to be way better prepared in order to win. You can't start a game with defensive players having a free shot at your QB. You can't start a game going three and out because your OL got manhandled on every play. You can't get pinned deep in your own territory and not expect the opposing team to go for a block on your punter. You can't wait until you're getting your teeth kicked in before you decide to go hurry-up on offense. The slow start is all on bad coaching. Bad coaching. Bad coaching.

I believe you fire TD and get a GM who will assemble a scouting department that can adequately build the trenches; You get a GM that will get the go-for-the-throat type of coaches. We have good pieces, what we lack is great coaching. Name one Super Bowl-winning team where the QB was the only deciding factor to winning it all. Behind every SB winning team is great coaching, with a solid collection of good players and a great defense. We have good players, we don't have great coaching, and we don't have a good defense; this has always been the Falcons problem.

D.B.N. likes this

28 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

You know it's not the 'Hall of Super Bowl Winning QBs' right?

Just now, 4dabirds said:

Ryan is above average, and his numbers support that. You don't trade a franchise guy away so that you can take a chance on a rookie QB who has some mobility, and who will also command his own massive contract (way more than Ryan's) in just a few short years? Ryan can and likely will start playing better sooner rather than later, and he does get more than his fair share of criticism. The team as a whole needs to be way better prepared in order to win. You can't start a game with defensive players having a free shot at your QB. You can't start a game going three and out because your OL got manhandled on every play. You can't get pinned deep in your own territory and not expect the opposing team to go for a block on your punter. You can't wait until you're getting your teeth kicked in before you decide to go hurry-up on offense. The slow start is all on bad coaching. Bad coaching. Bad coaching.

I believe you fire TD and get a GM who will assemble a scouting department that can adequately build the trenches; You get a GM that will get the go-for-the-throat type of coaches. We have good pieces, what we lack is great coaching. Name one Super Bowl-winning team where the QB was the only deciding factor to winning it all. Behind every SB winning team is great coaching, with a solid collection of good players and a great defense. We have good players, we don't have great coaching, and we don't have a good defense; this has always been the Falcons problem.

I fully endorse this statement.

3 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

Blame Stocker for most of them. He and Ryan aren’t on the same page. 

I can do that. But I'm still wondering wtf he's even doing on the team, much less starting and being featured in the Red Zone over almost half a dozen more talented receivers. Never go FULL MORON.  :argh:

4dabirds and mikeg272 like this

3 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

Blame Stocker for most of them. He and Ryan aren’t on the same page. 

Why are they throwing to him that much anyway? If he's so bad, why is Ryan throwing to him??

3 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Meh, we will see. I personally think we have seen the best of Ryan. Shanny made him back in '16. Hard to touch that level of play ever again IMO. 

This is simply not factual.  Shannahan helped him get better, but he didn't "make him".  SMH

2 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

This is purely Ryan talk. I understand the defense is atrocious and I have gone on record saying so. I also have gone on record saying Fire DQ and TD if this continues. 

It's actually pointing out a fallacy of your moronic argument. Look up the definition of confirmation bias. It's textbook to how you are framing your argument. It is what it is.

Bigbenright likes this

8 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Why are they throwing to him that much anyway? If he's so bad, why is Ryan throwing to him??

12 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I can do that. But I'm still wondering wtf he's even doing on the team, much less starting and being featured in the Red Zone over almost half a dozen more talented receivers. Never go FULL MORON.  :argh:

A lot of teams will double the catching TE in the seams and even leave the blocking TE wide open in 2TE sets. I think the play calls were good but Ryan threw it expecting Stocker to do one thing and he doesn’t quite do it, also he’s forcing the ball. I also think this has something to do with the depth/steps change the team made to the offense in the off season. Once they iron this out Matt will be back to normal. 

Edited by droopy1592
PokerSteve likes this

45 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

63 posts....new troll friend I see. Welcome 

Just now, droopy1592 said:

A lot of teams will double the catching TE in the seems and even leave the blocking TE wide open in 2TE sets. I think the play calls were good but Ryan threw it expecting Stocker to do one thing and he doesn’t quite do it. I also think this has something to do with the depth/steps change the team made to the offense in the off season. Once they iron this out Matt will be back to normal. 

We shouldn't be throwing to him if he is that much of a problem. Bad play call, bad decision, whatever the situation, it seems like a bad idea.  

18 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

You know it's not the 'Hall of Super Bowl Winning QBs' right?

Good point. You just made Ryan feel a **** of a lot better about not winning... 

1 minute ago, NeonDeion said:

63 posts....new troll friend I see. Welcome 

It's just Mother Internet restoring  the natural balance. The Mods had harvested the troll population in TATF just a bit over-zealously last hunt, and the herd was in danger of extinction. :D

2 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

Ryan is still 5th in comp %, 5th in yds/game, 4th in TD and has faced 2 of the toughest defenses in the league already.  And, his late passing skills were a huge part of the win against the Eagles.  Rodgers threw 400+yards last night against the Eagles but still could not beat the Eagles.

As for the Colts, he actually had a very good overall game against the mediocre Colts team.  The interception in that game was wrong but perfection from a QB is impossible.  That loss was clearly on the defense who only forced the Colts to punt once.

Would anybody prefer Brissett or Cousins or even injury-ready Wentz here over Ryan for the long term?

Playing devil's advocate here.  Is the Eagles defense that great if Rodgers torched them for 400?

1 minute ago, joeyg2033 said:

Good point. You just made Ryan feel a **** of a lot better about not winning... 

Ryan doesn't give a flying flip about anything you and I think.

Ryan is leading the league in interceptions as right now. What is y'all's excuses for the golden boy? Definitely ain't helping this team win! When will you kool-aid drinkin, apologist, homers wise up and hold the $100mm+ golden boy accountable and stop making excuses for him? I'll wait...

There's no excuse but it's a three game sample, genius!. What is his interception rate the 174 games before that? Where does that rank? You think no other hall of fame QB had a three game stretch of subpar play in his entire career Lol. (and really, it's a two game stretch because he was phenomenal overall in the Colts game).

UGA fans lol. 

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

Sometimes I wonder if posters post threads like this because they know it's the most action they'll get...

hmm

100%. He's definitely trolling, but it keeps it interesting around here.  What else is there to talk about??

Geneaut likes this

Ryan is leading the league in interceptions as right now. What is y'all's excuses for the golden boy? Definitely ain't helping this team win! When will you kool-aid drinkin, apologist, homers wise up and hold the $100mm+ golden boy accountable and stop making excuses for him? I'll wait...

He's also # 3 in TD's, # 5 in yards, and #6 in completion %.  He has had an uncharacteristic start in terms of interceptions.  Remember, he threw SEVEN interceptions all of last year, against 35 TD's.  I seriously don't understand how people can hate Matt Ryan so much and refer to themselves as Falcons fans.

Just now, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Playing devil's advocate here.  Is the Eagles defense that great if Rodgers torched them for 400?

Nope, but the Eagles had a different gameplan against Rodgers than they did against us. They identified our line was a dumpster fire and were all out attacking it all game. The few times the line could hold on for dear life and give Ryan enough time to throw the football they got torched, the other times... mistakes were made. They didn't exactly do that against Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

Oh excuseeeee me Mr. Stats 101 over here lmao. Let me break it down, barney-style for ya

RyAn'S InTeRcEpTiOnS DiReCtLy CoRrElAtE to TeAm LosSeS. TuRn OvErs In GeNeRal Do

Let me break it down to you - He provided facts to prove that they haven't CORRELATED to jack.  You need to go back to the drawing board...:lol:

Vandy, Schwarzwald, Drew4719 and 1 other like this

3 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Ryan doesn't give a flying flip about anything you and I think.

But, but but without us, he has nothing but a loving wife, two amazing little boys and a measley hundred mill in the bank. Poor slob. :(

Geneaut and Drew4719 like this