D.B.N.

Ryan league leader

209 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

IF that happens,  I will happily give credit where credit is due. But until then, I will be objective. 

In your objective opinion, was Ryan bad this week?  

I understand and agree 100% he sucked weeks 1 and 2.  It's just kind of odd that you chose this week to criticize him.  By any objective measure, he had a great game.  Not bad, not just mediocre, a GREAT game.  The defense only gave our offense the ball 6 times, and we scored on 4 of them, 3 TD's and 1 FG.  Ryan had a QB Rating of 121.1.  He had 1 mistake with the interception, but outside of the 1 bad throw, he still ended up with a completion percentage of over 85%, over 300 yards, and 8.9 ypa.  

To put it in perspective, if he did this every week, he would end up with 4,864 yards, 85% completion percentage, 48 TD's, and only 16 INT's.  If we need him to be better than that for us to compete for a Super Bowl, shame on us for the rest of the team being so **** *****.  

TheTrue7, 4dabirds, Geneaut and 2 others like this

2 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

I said it correlates. Of course there are outliers (i.e. Eagles game). In my OP, I stated, he is not helping this team win with these turnovers. Also, your hypothetical scenario about the colts game does not matter, because it did not happen. Let's circle back after the Titans game and see what happens. 

The Titans have the #3 pass defense in the league.  Brissett carved them up for a whopping 146 yards with 2 turnovers.  Indy won that game because they have a defense.  If our defense doesn't show up, we'll have the same outcome we had at Indy.

23 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

I'm talking about Ryan's turnovers correlating to team losses. It's purely Ryan talk about his costly turnovers. Not hard to understand but apparently it is. 

His turnovers correlate HOW? What's the correlation? 

You're using words you obviously don't understand. Direct correlation? Indirect correlation? What's the correlation coefficient? 

Because it's clearly not direct correlation given his 3 INTs in the Eagles game we won and his 1 INT in the Colts game we lost. So if you're going to try and sound intelligent, it helps to properly state your stance. 

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

I say what I say, its called a FORUM for a reason. Just because you keep sippin that kool-aid doesn't mean we all do. So since I post something that goes against all you homer's line of thinking I'm a troll. LMAO 

No, regardless of what I think, you’re a troll all on your own.  This was nothing but a calculated attack.  

Your topic approach is pretty telling.  The words you used were not meant to discuss Ryan’s interception problems, but rather to disparage him & those who at least appreciate his contributions to the team/league.  

Nobody is happy with the picks.  But this topic just might be ever so slightly jaded by ill will...just a wee bit... :D

Bigbenright, D.B.N. and Geneaut like this

44 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Ryan was previously w/ Koetter, it's still the same dink and dunk, screen heavy offense. DK was a lazy hire 

Not true. DK added elements of the Air Corryel offense the last few seasons. But I'm you knew that. 

:rolleyes:

Just now, MD-FalconFan13 said:

You're using words you obviously don't understand. Direct correlation? Indirect correlation? What's the correlation coefficient? 

Because it's clearly not direct correlation given his 3 INTs in the Eagles game we won and his 1 INT in the Colts game we lost. So if you're going to try and sound intelligent, it helps to properly state your stance. 

Oh excuseeeee me Mr. Stats 101 over here lmao. Let me break it down, barney-style for ya

RyAn'S InTeRcEpTiOnS DiReCtLy CoRrElAtE to TeAm LosSeS. TuRn OvErs In GeNeRal Do

2 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Meh, we will see. I personally think we have seen the best of Ryan. Shanny made him back in '16. Hard to touch that level of play ever again IMO. 

Except he put up slightly better numbers last year than in 16.

I love all these dumb takes.  

Schwarzwald likes this

Ryan is leading the league in interceptions as right now. What is y'all's excuses for the golden boy? Definitely ain't helping this team win! When will you kool-aid drinkin, apologist, homers wise up and hold the $100mm+ golden boy accountable and stop making excuses for him? I'll wait...

I'm a fan. I don't have to hold anyone accountable but myself. It's Quinn's job ( or his designated coaching staff ) to hold Matt accountable. I'm here to cheer on my team.

Nothing you do or say in here will change the product on the field. You are here simply to beat your chest and antagonize fans.

mikeg272 and D.B.N. like this

1 minute ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

It's called an outlier, Mr. Stats 101. You should know this. 

Just now, Geneaut said:

I'm a fan. I don't have to hold anyone accountable but myself. It's Quinn's job ( or his designated coaching staff ) to hold Matt accountable. I'm here to cheer on my team.

Nothing you do or say in here will change the product on the field. You are here simply to beat your chest and antagonize fans.

:lol::lol::lol:

HASHBROWN3 likes this

Just now, D.B.N. said:

It's called an outlier, Mr. Stats 101. You should know this. 

What about Matt's 5 INT game vs the Cardinals that he also won? 

Direct Correlation huh?

What about Matt's 5 INT game vs the Cardinals that he also won? 

Direct Correlation huh?

*facepalm* 

Outlier. 

6 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

*facepalm* 

Outlier. 

Well what about the 3 INT game in 2017 vs the Lions we won? Or the 3 INT game vs New Orleans we won the same year? 

Or on the other end of the spectrum, what about his 5 TD, 0 INT game we lost to New Orleans last year? Or the 3 TD, 0 INT game we lost to the Bengals the next week? 

After a certain amount of "outliers" you can't keep saying it's an outlier bro. If it keeps happening, then it's clearly not an outlier situation. It just means your conclusion is false. You're not too great at this debate thing are you?

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

1 minute ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Well what about the 3 INT game in 2017 vs the Lions we won? Or the 3 INT game vs New Orleans we won the same year? 

Or on the other end of the spectrum, what about his 5 TD, 0 INT game we lost to New Orleans last year? Or the 3 TD, 0 INT game we lost to the Bengals the next week? 

After a certain amount of "outliers" you can't keep saying it's an outlier bro. If it keeps happening, then it's clearly not an outlier situation. You're not too great at this debate thing are you ?

This has already been proven that it’s not a team game.

Good quarterbacks win and bad quarterbacks lose!

Drew4719 and Geneaut like this

After a certain amount of "outliers" you can't keep saying it's an outlier bro. If it keeps happening, then it's clearly not an outlier situation. You're not too great at this debate thing are you ?

Bro you are literally referencing scenarios over a span of multiple seasons :lol: the sample size you are referencing is large! So of course, those are indeed outliers. Man, you might want go back to school cuz clearly you're slow 

3 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Really not a fan of the way this DBN guy posts. Reminds me of a certain someone....

1askjx.jpg

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

Meh, we will see. I personally think we have seen the best of Ryan. Shanny made him back in '16. Hard to touch that level of play ever again IMO. 

Ryan was good last year without Shanny and made the playoffs with Sarksian in 17 as OC; He was also good before Shanny came along. You're pointing out the int's from this year, but you fail to mention that Ryan has a 72.4% completion rate as of right now, which is slightly better than Mahomes.  People say Ryan is a statue, but he usually shows good footwork in the pocket, and he moves in and out of the pocket to extend the play; Ryan has to improvise( he's often under duress), because the OL is still a work in progress (as usual), and the run game is either not there or not being utilized. Ryan is not perfect, but neither is any of the other QBs playing today. Sports media loves to hype up the young and athletic QBs, but their time is often short-lived because of injury, or from defenses figuring them out. Ryan has constantly had to adapt to a revolving door at OC, and on the OL, yet he still puts up great numbers and keeps the Falcons relevant all while having mediocre/**** defenses as support. Blame can be (and should be) cast on many throughout the organization; TD has yet to build a solid OL for Ryan, TD has also been hitting and mostly missing on defense since he got here. Ryan also has had two extremely Vanilla HC's at the helm during his time; Smith and Quinn both have or had gotten outcoached on numerous occasions by HC's who know how to take advantage of obvious situations. I could go on, but why bother.

I, for one, think we've yet to see the best of Ryan.

Bigbenright likes this

1 minute ago, 4dabirds said:

Ryan was good last year without Shanny and made the playoffs with Sarksian in 17 as OC; He was also good before Shanny came along. You're pointing out the int's from this year, but you fail to mention that Ryan has a 72.4% completion rate as of right now, which is slightly better than Mahomes.  People say Ryan is a statue, but he usually shows good footwork in the pocket, and he moves in and out of the pocket to extend the play; Ryan has to improvise( he's often under duress), because the OL is still a work in progress (as usual), and the run game is either not there or not being utilized. Ryan is not perfect, but neither is any of the other QBs playing today. Sports media loves to hype up the young and athletic QBs, but their time is often short-lived because of injury, or from defenses figuring them out. Ryan has constantly had to adapt to a revolving door at OC, and on the OL, yet he still puts up great numbers and keeps the Falcons relevant all while having mediocre/**** defenses as support. Blame can be (and should be) cast on many throughout the organization; TD has yet to build a solid OL for Ryan, TD has also been hitting and mostly missing on defense since he got here. Ryan also has had two extremely Vanilla HC's at the helm during his time; Smith and Quinn both have or had gotten outcoached on numerous occasions by HC's who know how to take advantage of obvious situations. I could go on, but why bother.

I, for one, think we've yet to see the best of Ryan.

I agree, Ryan's best is behind him. It's only down hill from here IMO. TD should have been fired already, chances are he will throw Quinn under the bus and stay around right in AB's back pocket. But sometimes you gotta accept the realtiy - and the reality is Ryan is an average qb to above-average at this point. Ryan's best chance to win a ring was back in 2016, and we blew it. Now, here we are 3 years removed from the debacle that was 28-3 and we are struggling with a qb who leads the league in INTs, yet some fans insist everything is gravy and no changes need to be made. I say trade Ryan and dump his ludacris contract, free up cap, draft a young QB that is decently mobile since our OL is garbage, and build our defense and running game even more. Chances that happens, slim to none. So it is what it is at this point. But there is a fair share of critisim to go around, and even almighty Ryan deserves some. 

Edited by D.B.N.

Ryan is average to above-average at best. Can't put the team on his back and requires a superstar cast around him to win. Ryan is what he is. I've stood up for Ryan and have been a Ryan fan for the past 11 years. This year, if he doesn't get his **** together, I'm done with him all together. 

And not that it needs to be said, like all of your biased comments and opinions, I'm sure he would NOT give one good squeeze about whether you are done with him or not! Ryan is living the good life, and I have no doubt, plying his trade that will make this team a success. If he wasn't throwing the ball and attempting completions, you'd be wailing over that.

Take it to hart, It took me a couple of years to realize that anything I say here doesn't impact one danm thing either a player, fan, coach, or otherwise a troll, does or doesn't do as a result of anything that's said on TATF! It's just the realty of it! Once you let these little nuggets of peanut butter and undigested corn sink in, you'll be much more of a fan, and not to mention, happier. Good day!  

Edited by roguebeaver
D.B.N. likes this

2 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Of course he was best with Shanny but he’s still a HOFer without Shanny. All he needs is a ring 

Still a Hall of Famer? Wow, maybe he can team up with McNabb and they can have a special HOF exemption for losers... Qb's who played a thousand years and won Jack squat... 

D.B.N. likes this