D.B.N.

Ryan league leader

209 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Meh, we will see. I personally think we have seen the best of Ryan. Shanny made him back in '16. Hard to touch that level of play ever again IMO. 

His numbers from last year were very similar to his MVP season. He hasn’t been good this year, but if you want to use numbers, you have to use all numbers and not be selective. 

Schwarzwald, Geneaut and Drew4719 like this

Just now, Vandy said:

I agree he can play better. But if we beat Indy, we don’t hear a peep from you. And we lost to Indy because of the poor defense, not because of the QB. 

If we beat Indy, the whole forum would be in a different state. If we lose to TEN, watch out. 

39 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

I say what I say, its called a FORUM for a reason. Just because you keep sippin that kool-aid doesn't mean we all do. So since I post something that goes against all you homer's line of thinking I'm a troll. LMAO 

Creating this thread and having the title be what it is... Is THE definition of trolling. Lol did you wake up today and decide to derr? Geez. If you're going to troll- man up to it. 

Drew4719, Bigbenright and Geneaut like this

Ryan is still 5th in comp %, 5th in yds/game, 4th in TD and has faced 2 of the toughest defenses in the league already.  And, his late passing skills were a huge part of the win against the Eagles.  Rodgers threw 400+yards last night against the Eagles but still could not beat the Eagles.

As for the Colts, he actually had a very good overall game against the mediocre Colts team.  The interception in that game was wrong but perfection from a QB is impossible.  That loss was clearly on the defense who only forced the Colts to punt once.

Would anybody prefer Brissett or Cousins or even injury-ready Wentz here over Ryan for the long term?

Edited by jlrfalcon

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

Meh, we will see. I personally think we have seen the best of Ryan. Shanny made him back in '16. Hard to touch that level of play ever again IMO. 

He repeated the same level of play last year with Sark. Almost matched his mvp year to the teeth. 2012 he was also in mvp discussions. 

Schwarzwald and Drew4719 like this

17 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Again, did we win? No. So what does 18 straight completions mean? NOTHING if we don't win. Now, back to the INTs... that directly correlates to what - a LOSS. 

He threw 3 INTs in the Eagles game.  Those didn’t correlate to a loss. Or does that not fit your agenda either?

Ryan's not in great form obviously, but he's nowhere near being a liability or a problem.   

Let's keep our feet on the ground. 

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

Ryan is leading the league in interceptions as right now. What is y'all's excuses for the golden boy? Definitely ain't helping this team win! When will you kool-aid drinkin, apologist, homers wise up and hold the $100mm+ golden boy accountable and stop making excuses for him? I'll wait...

It's Ryan's first year in a new system with a new OC.  Ryan's 1st year with Sark, he had 6 TD's to 6 INT's through the first 5 games.  He had 8 TD's to 6 INT's through 3 games this season.  He had 14 TD's to 7 INT's the rest of that season, and 35 TD's to only 7 INT's his 2nd season with Sark.  Ryan's first season with Shanny he had 21 TD's to 16 INT's.  The 2nd season he had 38 TD's with only 7 INT's.  

Do you see the trend?  It's his first 3 games with a new OC and a new system.  I hope his learning curve is a lot faster since it's his second time with Koetter.  But the facts are this isn't the first time he's struggled early on with a new OC.  He got it together back then, no reason to believe he can't do it again.

P.S.  We might have just seen it click for him.  The last half of football we saw from him was practically flawless.  3 consecutive TD drives of 75, 88, and 82 yards.  I think he was 22/23 or something incredible like that in the second half.  For the game he was 29/34, 85.3% completion, 304 yards, 8.9 ypa, 3 TD's, 1 INT, with a QB Rating of 121.1.  FWIW, his first 2 games in the new system he had to face Minny and Philly defenses, where he racked up 5 of his INT's.

Just now, coastiemike said:

He threw 3 INTs in the Eagles game.  Those didn’t correlate to a loss. Or does that not fit your agenda either?

We were lucky to win that Eagles game, and everyone knows it. Luck will only take you so far. And did I start a thread after the Eagles win criticizing Ryan? No, no I did not. 

Just now, pzummo said:

It's Ryan's first year in a new system with a new OC.  Ryan's 1st year with Sark, he had 6 TD's to 6 INT's through the first 5 games.  He had 8 TD's to 6 INT's through 3 games this season.  He had 14 TD's to 7 INT's the rest of that season, and 35 TD's to only 7 INT's his 2nd season with Sark.  Ryan's first season with Shanny he had 21 TD's to 16 INT's.  The 2nd season he had 38 TD's with only 7 INT's.  

Do you see the trend?  It's his first 3 games with a new OC and a new system.  I hope his learning curve is a lot faster since it's his second time with Koetter.  But the facts are this isn't the first time he's struggled early on with a new OC.  He got it together back then, no reason to believe he can't do it again.

P.S.  We might have just seen it click for him.  The last half of football we saw from him was practically flawless.  3 consecutive TD drives of 75, 88, and 82 yards.  I think he was 22/23 or something incredible like that in the second half.  For the game he was 29/34, 85.3% completion, 304 yards, 8.9 ypa, 3 TD's, 1 INT, with a QB Rating of 121.1.  FWIW, his first 2 games in the new system he had to face Minny and Philly defenses, where he racked up 5 of his INT's.

Ryan was previously w/ Koetter, it's still the same dink and dunk, screen heavy offense. DK was a lazy hire 

Jerz #Quinning likes this

Just now, D.B.N. said:

We were lucky to win that Eagles game, and everyone knows it. Luck will only take you so far. And did I start a thread after the Eagles win criticizing Ryan? No, no I did not. 

You didn’t answer the question. He threw 3 INTs in the Eagles game.  Did those correlate to a loss?  It’s a yes or no question. Stop moving the goal post.  If we win, we got lucky, if we lose, it’s on Ryan and his INTs.  Simple yes or no answer will suffice.

2 minutes ago, pzummo said:

It’s not a new system but you’re correct in the 1st year with a new coordinator he’s usually down a bit. 

Schwarzwald likes this

1 minute ago, coastiemike said:

Just wait, if we lose Sunday this whole place will be up in flames. Might wanna brace yourself buddy and fill that cup up of your favorite kool-aid flavor. 

1 minute ago, D.B.N. said:

Just wait, if we lose Sunday this whole place will be up in flames. Might wanna brace yourself buddy and fill that cup up of your favorite kool-aid flavor. 

Let me type a little slower since you are either truly a slow, dense person or you are dodging the question.

You didn’t answer the question. He threw 3 INTs in the Eagles game.  Did those correlate to a loss?

Just now, coastiemike said:

Let me type a little slower since you are either truly a slow, dense person or you are dodging the question.

You didn’t answer the question. He threw 3 INTs in the Eagles game.  Did those correlate to a loss?

Does his top 5 stats correlate to wins? No lol, and again we were lucky to win that game... its a known fact that turning the ball over directly correlates to losing football game. of course there are outliers - IE the eagles game.

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

This is purely Ryan talk. I understand the defense is atrocious and I have gone on record saying so. I also have gone on record saying Fire DQ and TD if this continues. 

5 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Does his top 5 stats correlate to wins? No lol, and again we were lucky to win that game... its a known fact that turning the ball over directly correlates to losing football game. of course there are outliers - IE the eagles game.

So in 1 post it's "this is purely Ryan talk", yet in another you ask about team wins?

Ryan isn't the only player on the team. Is your critique solely about Ryan or the team, because you're contradicting yourself.

Guess you figured out that it's almost impossible to criticize Ryan on solely HIS performance because when you look at it he's doing too well. Yes, he can do better with the INTs and they have cost us at times in this early season, but he's still playing better than 70% of the QBs in the league

Schwarzwald and Drew4719 like this

5 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Luck goes both ways.  Imagine if Vinatieri's first FG in the Colts game had bounced out off of the goal post instead of in.  The Colts would probably have just given up on that game.

Bigbenright likes this

Just now, MD-FalconFan13 said:

So in 1 post it's "this is purely Ryan talk", yet in another you ask about team wins?

Ryan isn't the only player on the team. Is your critique solely about Ryan or the team, because you're contradicting yourself.

Guess you figured out that it's almost impossible to criticize Ryan on solely HIS performance because when you look at it he's doing too well. Yes, he can do better with the INTs and they have cost us at times in this early season, but he's still playing better than 70% of the QBs in the league

I'm talking about Ryan's turnovers correlating to team losses. It's purely Ryan talk about his costly turnovers. Not hard to understand but apparently it is. 

17 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Matt has made some bad decisions this year. No doubt. And I’ve been saying it since game 1. But I also know Matt could finish the year with 40 td’s and 7 int’s too. 

IF that happens,  I will happily give credit where credit is due. But until then, I will be objective. 

Just now, thofin21 said:

So your saying Ryan needs to play better  I get that. No one is above criticizing. Ok 

This is a refreshing response. Thank you. 

46 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Again, did we win? No. So what does 18 straight completions mean? NOTHING if we don't win. Now, back to the INTs... that directly correlates to what - a LOSS. 

Oh man, I didnt realize throwing an interception equals an auto-loss. Your right man, every INT he throws means we lose. Its got nothing to do with the defense not being able to stop a single play or force more than one punt. He may be contributing to a loss with his INTs but its not solely on that. 

Answer this honestly, if the defense gets a stop on the Colts last drive (given the way the offense played after that INT) is there any doubt in your mind the offense couldnt drive down field and score as they did all second half?

You cant blame losses on one player. Again, he didnt help with the INT but when QBs make mistakes the defense needs to clean up when it can, not force 1 punt all game. Same goes for the opposite, the defense doesnt play well and the offense steps up (see most games over MR's career).

Just now, DirtyBird2 said:

Oh man, I didnt realize throwing an interception equals an auto-loss. Your right man, every INT he throws means we lose. Its got nothing to do with the defense not being able to stop a single play or force more than one punt. He may be contributing to a loss with his INTs but its not solely on that. 

Answer this honestly, if the defense gets a stop on the Colts last drive (given the way the offense played after that INT) is there any doubt in your mind the offense couldnt drive down field and score as they did all second half?

You cant blame losses on one player. Again, he didnt help with the INT but when QBs make mistakes the defense needs to clean up when it can, not force 1 punt all game. Same goes for the opposite, the defense doesnt play well and the offense steps up (see most games over MR's career).

I said it correlates. Of course there are outliers (i.e. Eagles game). In my OP, I stated, he is not helping this team win with these turnovers. Also, your hypothetical scenario about the colts game does not matter, because it did not happen. Let's circle back after the Titans game and see what happens.