D.B.N.

Ryan league leader

209 posts in this topic

Ryan is leading the league in interceptions as right now. What is y'all's excuses for the golden boy? Definitely ain't helping this team win! When will you kool-aid drinkin, apologist, homers wise up and hold the $100mm+ golden boy accountable and stop making excuses for him? I'll wait...

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

It’s multi-faceted problem.  Ryan has made some poor decisions.  However, a large majority of time, receivers aren’t getting separation, this forcing passes into tighter than normal situations.  And then there is the scheme that is having trouble scheming receivers open, thus leading to the above.  Finally, the lack of starters playing together in preseason has made timing come on at a very slow pace. 

Just now, Sui_Generis said:

Ryan isn't beyond criticism, but he is far from the problem with this team right now. 

Try again.

What is he doing the help the team win? I thought he was untouchable... MattVP right? Ryan is average to above-average at best. The sooner y'all see that, the better. 

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

Just now, NeonDeion said:

Ryan has been terrible. No excuses. His career says he will get it right 

Meh, we will see. I personally think we have seen the best of Ryan. Shanny made him back in '16. Hard to touch that level of play ever again IMO. 

I'm just hoping that the 2nd half of the colts game is the offense we will see the rest of the year. Looked like everyone was finally in sync despite the penalties.

Just now, D.B.N. said:

Meh, we will see. I personally think we have seen the best of Ryan. Shanny made him back in '16. Hard to touch that level of play ever again IMO. 

Of course he was best with Shanny but he’s still a HOFer without Shanny. All he needs is a ring 

7 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

What is he doing the help the team win? I thought he was untouchable... MattVP right? Ryan is average to above-average at best. The sooner y'all see that, the better. 

Average at best?  He’s 7th in yards, 5th in completion percentage, 5th in yards per game, 4th in TDs, and 9th in QBR.   There are 32 QBs in the league.  And Mayfield will likely take the #1 mantle in INTs this week. How about take in the entire picture instead of just one stat.

hotlanta, Panda, Drew4719 and 16 others like this

I don't think anyone is drinking the kool-aid. We have watched him for 11 years now. I think we all know what he is and what he can and can't do. He's not ARogers but he's better than the average. Will he make mistakes? Yes. Can you win with him? Yes. Do you need a more complete team around him? Yes. Will he win you some games on his own? Yes. 

But anyone with any football sense knows with INTs the blame goes around. Sure Ryan has been the cause of some, but in the Min game when Ryan hits Sanu in the hands and he bobbles it over his helmet into the defenders arms I guess that's Ryan's fault too. I'm not making excuses but I'm not just looking at the numbers and making assumptions either.

14 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Ryan is leading the league in interceptions as right now. What is y'all's excuses for the golden boy? Definitely ain't helping this team win! When will you kool-aid drinkin, apologist, homers wise up and hold the $100mm+ golden boy accountable and stop making excuses for him? I'll wait...

So what's the alternative? 

Geneaut likes this

1 minute ago, coastiemike said:

Average at best?  He’s 7th in yards, 5th in completion percentage, 5th in yards per game, 4th in TDs, and 9th in QBR.   There are 32 QBs in the league.  How about take in the entire picture instead of just one stat.

I don't get the extreme criticism of Ryan. He's been less than perfect, but he's still putting up great numbers. If not for his INTs, he'd be one of the top 4 QBs in the league. Meanwhile the defense that was supposed to be Quinn's specialty is yet again putrid and the biggest drag on the team. 

If they get one more stop or a few less penalties we have a good chance of winning the Colts game. Special teams has given the opposing team a starting field position of nearly the 50 yard line. Instead of blaming either of the other units that are even worse than the offense, folks only see Ryan's mistakes and blame it all on him.

ok_falcons_fan likes this

9 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

He's also tied for third for TD passes. He's 5th in completion percentage and yards per game. See what I did there? I cherry picked stats that support a narrative just like you did.

10 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

How will us seeing that make it better?

As a fan stand point if you think he is average do you think the falcons can win a ring with him?

Who is the list of QB you would take over ryan right now?

2 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

I don't get the extreme criticism of Ryan. He's been less than perfect, but he's still putting up great numbers. If not for his INTs, he'd be one of the top 4 QBs in the league. Meanwhile the defense that was supposed to be Quinn's specialty is yet again putrid and the biggest drag on the team. 

Because people have an agenda and only use the info that supports their ****** opinion.  As you can see, I listed five stats that puts him in the top 10 in the league to counterbalance the one stat the original poster listed.  It’s strictly an agenda against a player they don’t like and that’s about it.

Just now, TNFalcon1 said:

He's also tied for third for TD passes. He's 5th in completion percentage and yards per game. See what I did there? I cherry picked stats that support a narrative just like you did.

This is purely Ryan talk. I understand the defense is atrocious and I have gone on record saying so. I also have gone on record saying Fire DQ and TD if this continues. 

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

LOL. I smell a stinky troll looking for a fight. Nothing more.  

Isn’t this obvious to everyone?

Yeah no **** Sherlock, we’re all displeased with Ryan’s picks but we’re also not filled with all-consuming hatred like OP.

OP needs his binky.  Lmao.

LMFAO  so I'm suddenly a "troll" for calling Ryan out. Okay bud! 

Edited by D.B.N.

2 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

This is purely Ryan talk. I understand the defense is atrocious and I have gone on record saying so. I also have gone on record saying Fire DQ and TD if this continues. 

Why didn’t you put all of that in one post with this post?  That would make you look slightly above average of being a below average troll.

Bigbenright likes this

Just now, coastiemike said:

Why didn’t you put all of that in one post with this post?  That would make you look slightly above average of being a below average troll.

Yuppp I'm a troll for calling Ryan out. Go guzzle your kool-aid fool 

Ryan is average to above-average at best. Can't put the team on his back and requires a superstar cast around him to win. Ryan is what he is. I've stood up for Ryan and have been a Ryan fan for the past 11 years. This year, if he doesn't get his **** together, I'm done with him all together. 

3 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Yuppp I'm a troll for calling Ryan out. Go guzzle your kool-aid fool 

He got a point. Your OP was pretty terrible. No insight, no great points. The post he quoted was definitely better lol