Unknøwn

Braves @ Mets

121 posts in this topic

Well, its incredibly hard to believe but the final series of the regular season is here. Let's rest up, finish the year feeling good and turn all attention to Game 1 of the NLDS.

Friday, 7:10

Keuchel vs Stroman

Saturday, 7:15

Folty vs Matz

Sunday, 3:10

Soroka vs Syndergaard 

E. T. likes this

Surprised Soroka is going Sunday, but if the plan is for him to go in game 3, then it makes since. Honestly, he could go in game 2 and be fine. 

Seems like Keuchel, Folty, Soroka is our 3 man rotation right now

56 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Surprised Soroka is going Sunday, but if the plan is for him to go in game 3, then it makes since. Honestly, he could go in game 2 and be fine. 

Itll be a short leash as well.

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Soroka has been very good on the road. Pitching him 3rd makes sense.

Remember Game 1 is also Thursday. Game 2 would be normal rest for him. Still expect game 3 though. Keuchel, Folty and Soroka all get extra rest before the NLDS with this setup.

35 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Remember Game 1 is also Thursday. Game 2 would be normal rest for him. Still expect game 3 though. Keuchel, Folty and Soroka all get extra rest before the NLDS with this setup.

I like Folty for #2 at home and Soroka for #3 on the road.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Itll be a short leash as well.

I think the magic number I heard was 75-80 pitches? I think if he isn't going game 1, you should throw him out in game 3. 

1 hour ago, LouDog said:

Soroka has been very good on the road. Pitching him 3rd makes sense.

Yeah I guess a part of me still thought he would go 1st. But I like the rotation we have

I'm already in playoff mode. I'd like to hit 100, but I also would like to see us play a little conservative too. If it happens, it happens.

The loss of Kranitz is being blamed for a major part of why the Phillies collapsed this year. Kapler wanted to change the program and culture for the pitching so he removed Kranitz. Multiple team sources told the Philly beat writer this was a huge blow to the development the Philly staff had achieved last year. The results reflected that this season. Meanwhile, Kranitz has developed Fried and Soroka into top of the rotation arms for the Phillies division rival.

17 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

The loss of Kranitz is being blamed for a major part of why the Phillies collapsed this year. Kapler wanted to change the program and culture for the pitching so he removed Kranitz. Multiple team sources told the Philly beat writer this was a huge blow to the development the Philly staff had achieved last year. The results reflected that this season. Meanwhile, Kranitz has developed Fried and Soroka into top of the rotation arms for the Phillies division rival.

Great point there!

31 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Hopefully it's just precautionary, but Hechavarria is currently taking groundballs at 1B.

Man i hope. It would suck to lose Freddie

9 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

We need versatility. Riley probably isn't making the roster. We need someone besides Cervelli that can cover 1B.

Hopefully that's all it is

1 minute ago, Unknøwn said:

Freeman is at Citi Field. He told the media he feels way better and plans to play all 3 games.

Freeman added he can straighten his arm out without pain for the first time since July. Braves plan is to play him in two games. Freddie wants all 3.

Falconsfan567 likes this

5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Waaaaaaiiiiiittttttt a minute..

:lol: