Larkin Back

Ergo Proxy

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-bring-back-austin-larkin-to-practice-squad

Falcons bring back Austin Larkin to practice squad

32325460_10215221606509381_3366539333908561920_n

Will McFadden
ATLANTAFALCONS.COM

July 24, 2019 -  DE Austin Larkin on the third day of practice. (Photo by Kara Durrette/Atlanta Falcons)

July 24, 2019 - DE Austin Larkin on the third day of practice. (Photo by Kara Durrette/Atlanta Falcons)

The Atlanta Falcons (1-2) made a practice squad move Thursday, ahead of Sunday's matchup against the Tennessee Titans (1-2). Atlanta is signing defensive end Austin Larkin to its practice squad and releasing offensive lineman Nate Wozniak.

Larkin, 24, was released by the team ahead of the Colts game to help make room for punter Matt Wile and Wozniak on the practice squad. He began the 2019 season as a member of the Falcons' practice squad after a strong preseason in which he recorded 11 tackles, including two tackles for a loss and a sack. Wozniak spent a week with the Falcons on their practice squad; he has previously played for the Minnesota Vikings and New Orleans Saints.

3 hours ago, poolerspirit said:

Why would they do that? LB Grace, TE Graham, and RB Ollison have been on the roster since the season started...

I'm not suggesting that they activate him. I'm saying that theoretically it would be fun to see if he can actually handle an NFL starting caliber offensive linemen.

5 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

I wish he was active on the roster. I'd love to see if he'd be able to do anything against NFL starters. 

If I was the GM or HC I would be trying to see if he can play NFL ball.

Might be able to knock Bustley outta the box.

Same with Hill and Ollison.