Jump to content

Let's Talk Facts, Football and the Falcons


vel
 Share

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, vel said:

The bold part is the only fact. 

Yet to show he can lead a team out of a tailspin? Are they in one now? I showed the facts of their early season slow starts and the runs they went on in 2016 and 2017. 

After bad losses, you see this. Players calling each other out is nothing new. But you can act like it is. 

You may see it, but it doesn't make it a positive.  It can turn into a big problem REAL quick...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Exactly what have they shown that says, "they look like they are poised to break out?"  Calling people "drama queens" because they haven't liked what they've seen, when this is year 5 of the DQ regime, is ridiculous.  I for one think this team can turn it around, but at this point, they haven't shown anything to make me believe "they are poised to break out".  The penalties, turnovers, and complete lack of disciplined defense are big time reasons to believe that this team is "poised to go in the tank".  Time will tell if they can get it going, but at this time there is absolutely nothing that says the team has a better chance to get it going than they do to go in the tank! 

Drama queens because after week 1 many wrote off the season.  People are so overly reactive, just let the season play out.  Time will tell as you said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Exactly what have they shown that says, "they look like they are poised to break out?"  Calling people "drama queens" because they haven't liked what they've seen, when this is year 5 of the DQ regime, is ridiculous.  I for one think this team can turn it around, but at this point, they haven't shown anything to make me believe "they are poised to break out".  The penalties, turnovers, and complete lack of disciplined defense are big time reasons to believe that this team is "poised to go in the tank".  Time will tell if they can get it going, but at this time there is absolutely nothing that says the team has a better chance to get it going than they do to go in the tank! 

I full agree with this. They haven't shown anything to give fans a true reason to believe this will change. The only thing that will let fans believe that will happen is it actually changing. They've shown spurts, few and far between. After the Vikings game, a few of us spoke to how stout the interior of the DL was. It was lost in the madness, until the Eagles game they showed it loud and clear. Stuff like that. They aren't a complete team yet. Like you said, they can easily be 8-8 or worse or they can turn it around and be 10-6 or better. Plenty of football to be played but as of now, 66% of their games show they are underachievers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, athell said:

Drama queens because after week 1 many wrote off the season.  People are so overly reactive, just let the season play out.  Time will tell as you said.

Agreed.  I was completely upset after game 1, and then game 2 came along.  At that point, I was real confident, because it looked like DQ had these guys flying around and playing hard nosed football.  Then it was right back to the toilet. A roller coaster team does not instill confidence in me. Up and down spells 6 & 10, or 7 & 9.  I can't fault anybody for being upset, or irrational at this point in time. With all that this team has put us through, we have endured this misery before, and blindly believing that the brotherhood will find a way is difficult for many.  Again, I hope to heck that they get it figured out, but I am in no way confident that they will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

You may see it, but it doesn't make it a positive.  It can turn into a big problem REAL quick...

Never said it was a positive. Just saying it's not some Falcons-DQ specific thing. When it's the players clearly seeing they are the ones messing up simple stuff, they need to call each other out. That's the only way they will be held accountable during the season. 

Ironically, peep what Delanie Walker says here:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vel said:

It will be. But they can't argue the facts. They'll just spout a bunch of emotional nonsense like "Fire DQ" or "Dirk is an idiot". They won't acknowledge it's the NFL and every team loses bad games. Fans love to say "Well it's Belichick" as if it erases what happened. 34-10 vs TEN was embarrassing. Living in Nashville, I saw it happen first hand. 

Even this classic from Dilfer: 

This is what happens when you speak in definitive statements in September. You end up looking stupid since there is still over three months of football to play. The Patriots won the SB that year. 

Tell that to MAD 597 he’s written the Falcons before week 3 just turns up throws shade and bails.Never hear from the guy when the ship gets righted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Tell that to MAD 597 he’s written the Falcons before week 3 just turns up throws shade and bails.Never hear from the guy when the ship gets righted.

Lol some fans are broken after the SB. I think he's one of them. He didn't used to always be like that. At least I don't remember him always being like that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love the fact that you mentioned the Colts. I was going to make a post about this earlier but sometimes get too frustrated when things get buried for posts such as "FIRE THE TEAM" and "MaTt RyAn SuCkS aNd DaN qUiNn DoEs ToO"

The colts are literally the best example of why a 1-2 start isnt the end of the world. If they were getting beat while playing close to perfection would be more worrisome. The offense is getting back on track and the defense is always a slow start. We have some room for error as well with Bress/Cam being out. The division is not lost and as we all know, you just need to make it to the show where anything can happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Agreed.  I was completely upset after game 1, and then game 2 came along.  At that point, I was real confident, because it looked like DQ had these guys flying around and playing hard nosed football.  Then it was right back to the toilet. A roller coaster team does not instill confidence in me. Up and down spells 6 & 10, or 7 & 9.  I can't fault anybody for being upset, or irrational at this point in time. With all that this team has put us through, we have endured this misery before, and blindly believing that the brotherhood will find a way is difficult for many.  Again, I hope to heck that they get it figured out, but I am in no way confident that they will.

I mean I get the frustration, truly I do.  I think if you are a Falcon's fan you know that frustration is a staple of our diet...I do not blame anyone for that.  But man some of these posts are borderline depressing.  Declaring player x is terrible, coach y is awful, calling for heads, saying the season is over.  Like, it may very well end up that way but to @vels post, it's too early to tell so just let it all play out.

Fans are emotional beings :)  But some of these emotions are just way over the top at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, athell said:

I mean I get the frustration, truly I do.  I think if you are a Falcon's fan you know that frustration is a staple of our diet...I do not blame anyone for that.  But man some of these posts are borderline depressing.  Declaring player x is terrible, coach y is awful, calling for heads, saying the season is over.  Like, it may very well end up that way but to @vels post, it's too early to tell so just let it all play out.

Fans are emotional beings :)  But some of these emotions are just way over the top at this point.

It's not just a Falcons fandom thing. All 32 teams go through it. It's toughest in football because there are only 16 games. Every game is highly important with such a small margin for error. You don't see this from NBA or MLB fans because they have 82 and 164 games. One ugly loss doesn't matter. 

The bolded is where I'm at. I'm perfectly fine with reactions. You see I'm rarely here on Monday's after losses because the fans who only post when it's bad come out crying the most. Over reactions. But when it's Thursday and you see the same crap, it's annoying. DQ isn't going to be fired. Let's move on to Tennessee. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So far everything has gone down as I predicted.

A rough, ugly start in first 4 games where we experience growing pains from all the changes , message board apocalyptic insanity with demands to fire coaches, folllowed by....

Well, that’s so far all that has happened.

I also predicted us to go on a tear in second half of season when we play our division games and earn a playoff birth. (revised to a division title after Brees went out)

So far I’m batting 1000% 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...