Let's Talk Facts, Football and the Falcons

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are a TON of emotional thoughts being presented as facts on this board right now. A bunch of "This is how I feel so it has to be true" comments. It's not over reaction Monday any more. But folks

This thread will get overrun by the Drama Queens, but very well said.  The play on the field has been frustrating no doubt, but they look like they are poised to break out if they can get out of their

Cute. Went to the playoffs and won in 2017. Then had the entire middle of the defense gutted in 2018. If you believe DQ was ready to play Jordan Richards going into that year, then go for it. 

7 minutes ago, athell said:

This thread will get overrun by the Drama Queens, but very well said.  The play on the field has been frustrating no doubt, but they look like they are poised to break out if they can get out of their own way.

The irony is heavy in that statement! lol. But it is exactly what has to happen. Clean it up and take care of business. Especially you, Mattie Ice.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

This thread will get overrun by the Drama Queens, but very well said.  The play on the field has been frustrating no doubt, but they look like they are poised to break out if they can get out of their own way.

It will be. But they can't argue the facts. They'll just spout a bunch of emotional nonsense like "Fire DQ" or "Dirk is an idiot". They won't acknowledge it's the NFL and every team loses bad games. Fans love to say "Well it's Belichick" as if it erases what happened. 34-10 vs TEN was embarrassing. Living in Nashville, I saw it happen first hand. 

Even this classic from Dilfer: 

This is what happens when you speak in definitive statements in September. You end up looking stupid since there is still over three months of football to play. The Patriots won the SB that year. 

10 minutes ago, athell said:

Exactly. It is frustrating because you know this team is capable of better. I agree that it looks like they are getting closer. Hopefully, we see 60 minutes of good football this week

Just now, Flyin' In DC said:

Exactly. It is frustrating because you know this team is capable of better. I agree that it looks like they are getting closer. Hopefully, we see 60 minutes of good football this week

Yep. You cut out just a handful of the procedural penalties and the defense gets a couple of stops. The first down Brissett got by scrambling for 6 on a 3rd & 5 was after Grady jumped offsides on a second & 15 play. Stuff like that. Just piss poor. But either they clean it up or they don't. It's really simple from this point on. 

3 minutes ago, vel said:

Yep. You cut out just a handful of the procedural penalties and the defense gets a couple of stops. The first down Brissett got by scrambling for 6 on a 3rd & 5 was after Grady jumped offsides on a second & 15 play. Stuff like that. Just piss poor. But either they clean it up or they don't. It's really simple from this point on. 

And there is just no reason for not cleaning it up. It shouldn't be all that hard to do and it's a critical part of playing winning football.

7 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

And there is just no reason for not cleaning it up. It shouldn't be all that hard to do and it's a critical part of playing winning football.

That's when I'd join the fire DQ train. These are easy mistakes for a pro coach to clean up. Like others have shown, they are usually in the bottom half of the league in penalties, so this is abnormal. Matt should definitely calm the INTs down. If those two things happen, this is a much better team. 

9 minutes ago, vel said:

Cute. Went to the playoffs and won in 2017. Then had the entire middle of the defense gutted in 2018. If you believe DQ was ready to play Jordan Richards going into that year, then go for it. 

He traded for the guy so he had to believe in him somehow.

2018 showed we had no depth which is a direct indictment on Quinn and player development.

All of the Ifs are cute.  We’ve been saying the same Ifs since Quinn got here.  What I know from Dan Quinn led teams is that where there’s smoke there’s fire.  He has yet to shown that he can lead a team out of a tailspin.  3 games in and we have players calling out each other’s technique, discipline and toughness.  That’s not a great sign. 

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

He traded for the guy so he had to believe in him somehow.

2018 showed we had no depth which is a direct indictment on Quinn and player development.

All of the Ifs are cute.  We’ve been saying the same Ifs since Quinn got here.  What I know from Dan Quinn led teams is that where there’s smoke there’s fire.  He has yet to shown that he can lead a team out of a tailspin.  3 games in and we have players calling out each other’s technique, discipline and toughness.  That’s not a great sign. 

The bold part is the only fact. 

Yet to show he can lead a team out of a tailspin? Are they in one now? I showed the facts of their early season slow starts and the runs they went on in 2016 and 2017. 

After bad losses, you see this. Players calling each other out is nothing new. But you can act like it is. 

6 minutes ago, vel said:

The bold part is the only fact. 

Yet to show he can lead a team out of a tailspin? Are they in one now? I showed the facts of their early season slow starts and the runs they went on in 2016 and 2017. 

After bad losses, you see this. Players calling each other out is nothing new. But you can act like it is. 

Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Patriots will receive a conditional 2020 seventh-round draft pick in the deal. SO basically we gave a bag of footballs for Jordan Richards. (So the Trade part is true as well ;) )

4 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Fact 

We’re 1-12 vs AFC teams under Quinn

Guess what conference the Titans are in?

If you are going to post "facts" at least make sure its right.

We beat the Raiders and Jets w/ Quinn so I already know your "fact" is wrong without digging any further.

Edit: and the Broncos. 

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
7 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

If you are going to post "facts" at least make sure its right.

We beat the Raiders and Jets w/ Quinn so I already know your "fact" is wrong without digging any further.

My apologies.  I was looking at the wrong stat.  However Quinn is 1-6 vs AFC teams at home

edit: actually it’s 1-7 at home

1 hour ago, athell said:

Exactly what have they shown that says, "they look like they are poised to break out?"  Calling people "drama queens" because they haven't liked what they've seen, when this is year 5 of the DQ regime, is ridiculous.  I for one think this team can turn it around, but at this point, they haven't shown anything to make me believe "they are poised to break out".  The penalties, turnovers, and complete lack of disciplined defense are big time reasons to believe that this team is "poised to go in the tank".  Time will tell if they can get it going, but at this time there is absolutely nothing that says the team has a better chance to get it going than they do to go in the tank!