Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think that Dirk Koetter will be our offensive coordinator as long as Matt Ryan is here?

36 posts in this topic

On 9/26/2019 at 0:14 PM, 4dabirds said:

No. I think if the offense takes off as it has in the past under every OC Ryan has had, then DK (like the others) will get another HC shot and be gone. However, if the offense doesn't take off, then I expect DK and DQ to get the boot. 

Yep. This team has relied heavily on its high-performance offense for years. Even with a significant improvement, I don't think the defense is going to be ready to take over a football game on its own any time soon. If the offense sputters, the Falcons will lose every game it happens. If it happens a lot, DK is certain to be among the first casualties of any major changes in the coaching staff.

4dabirds likes this

1 minute ago, PokerSteve said:

Yep. This team has relied heavily on its high-performance offense for years. Even with a significant improvement, I don't think the defense is going to be ready to take over a football game on its own any time soon. If the offense sputters, the Falcons will lose every game it happens. If it happens a lot, DK is certain to be among the first casualties of any major changes in the coaching staff.

The defense won a bunch of games for us in 2017. I don't know why they couldn't now. Although losing Neal doesn't help. If there are no more injuries on defense they should be fine.  

PokerSteve likes this

21 hours ago, Knight of God said:

DK hasn’t been great. 

20 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Didn't want to see Kutty again. Saw enough from 12-14. Also in Jax and TB. Another bone head move.

They dont understand this. Maybe the ones who dont wasnt Falcons fans back then? Who knows......

Knight of God likes this

2 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

They dont understand this. Maybe the ones who dont wasnt Falcons fans back then? Who knows......

Should we have kept Sark?

4 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The defense won a bunch of games for us in 2017. I don't know why they couldn't now. Although losing Neal doesn't help. If there are no more injuries on defense they should be fine.  

Indispensable. This D will struggle again without him.

7 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Matt Ryan is an MVP quarterback.  Julio is top 5 WR All Time  We are averaging 20 ppg.

20 ppg despite having Ryan, Julio, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper, Mack, Matthews, Freeman and two first round OL.  So out of 11 players on offense, 7 are pro bowlers, 1 could be and 2 are first round picks this year.  That leaves our LG as the only non-elite player on offense.  20 ppg.

We are #1 in penalties and #2 in TO’s.  Nothing about the offense has been great.  But it could be great.  Just clean it up.  With that said,  Dirk doesn’t get a pass for the issues mentioned above.

Did you watch the games? DK definitely gets a pass for all the INTs. They are all on Ryan. Also, he has 3 new starting OL. You can’t expect magic out of the gate. All things considered DK is the least of our problems.