Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think that Dirk Koetter will be our offensive coordinator as long as Matt Ryan is here?

36 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how long Dirk Koetter's contract is for? I thought I heard 3 years. I personally hope he stays as long as Matt Ryan and Julio Jones is here. I think that Matt Ryan is probably tired of changing coordinators. I think that consistence is very important at the offensive coordinator position. I like the way Dirk Koetter is not afraid to go deep and gets Julio in the end zone.  Hopefully he does very well and stays here as long as Matt Ryan is here that way we won't keep having these offensive growing pains. Same thing with the Head Coach position. Your thoughts? 

No. I think if the offense takes off as it has in the past under every OC Ryan has had, then DK (like the others) will get another HC shot and be gone. However, if the offense doesn't take off, then I expect DK and DQ to get the boot. 

Falcons Fan MVP and PokerSteve like this

Seriously, maybe Matt needs his eyes checked. He's not a young pup anymore. I have no idea if QBs get their eyes checked or how often. Perhaps his depth perception is declining and causing an issue at times. Who knows? 

4 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Lol. You guys have some weird superstitions

Our best seasons were 1998, 2004, 2010, 2012 and 2016. The Falcons have never won a division in an odd number season. Matt Ryan plays much better even number seasons.

5 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

No. I think if the offense takes off as it has in the past under every OC Ryan has had, then DK (like the others) will get another HC shot and be gone. However, if the offense doesn't take off, then I expect DK and DQ to get the boot. 

i think that's why they hired Sark because his drinking history would keep teams off of him. Koetter failed as a head coach. Maybe he stays.

3 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Our best seasons were 1998, 2004, 2010, 2012 and 2016. The Falcons have never won a division in an odd number season. Matt Ryan plays much better even number seasons.

You have to include 1980. 

However 1991 was a really good year complete with a playoff win vsSaints

11 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

You have to include 1980. 

However 1991 was a really good year complete with a playoff win vsSaints

True but I don't think the falcons have ever won a division on an odd number season. That's is interesting.

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Didn't want to see Kutty again. Saw enough from 12-14. Also in Jax and TB. Another bone head move.

Matt Ryan probably recommended him. Who would you have like to have seen as our offensive coordinator?

On 9/26/2019 at 5:10 AM, NeonDeion said:

DK has been great so far. Matt just needs to stop being dumb. Which is very unlike him 

Matt Ryan is an MVP quarterback.  Julio is top 5 WR All Time  We are averaging 20 ppg.

20 ppg despite having Ryan, Julio, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper, Mack, Matthews, Freeman and two first round OL.  So out of 11 players on offense, 7 are pro bowlers, 1 could be and 2 are first round picks this year.  That leaves our LG as the only non-elite player on offense.  20 ppg.

We are #1 in penalties and #2 in TO’s.  Nothing about the offense has been great.  But it could be great.  Just clean it up.  With that said,  Dirk doesn’t get a pass for the issues mentioned above.

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Matt Ryan is an MVP quarterback.  Julio is top 5 WR All Time  We are averaging 20 ppg.

20 ppg despite having Ryan, Julio, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper, Mack, Matthews, Freeman and two first round OL.  So out of 11 players on offense, 7 are pro bowlers, 1 could be and 2 are first round picks this year.  That leaves our LG as the only non-elite player on offense.  20 ppg.

We are #1 in penalties and #2 in TO’s.  Nothing about the offense has been great.  But it could be great.  Just clean it up.  With that said,  Dirk doesn’t get a pass for the issues mentioned above.

8 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Kubiak, Mularkey, Bevel or even Sark over Kutty. We need to run the dam ball.

you can't run against the Eagles or Vikings.

21 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Coincidence vs. superstition - the latter would suggest an unconquerable problem but at least the former could be.

As for Koetter, I seriously wonder if Blank wanted him as an interim option in case he decided to fire Quinn during the season.

53 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

you can't run against the Eagles or Vikings.

The Vikings are allowing 105 ypg on the ground

Who would run against the Eagles when they allow 325 yards passing per game