Fire DQ, Fire TD, trade Ryan.

Williamb

Yeah I wasn't serious. That was a click-bait header. I've been a fan of this team when they only won 3 games all year. Doesnt make me happy, but doing 1 of those 3 things would destroy this team at this point of the season. Doing 2 of these options would destroy the team for several years.

Edited by Williamb
Correction

I feel like I'm the last dude on here defending TD. He's not a bad GM. The ONLY criticisms I have are the Trufant and Freeman deals, but we don't really know what's going on behind the scenes.

And you don't trade Ryan unless you already have the answer at QB.

but yeah, I agree on the firing DQ part, it's time for him to go.

You’re gonna do all that & still have the same problems. The owner is a problem to . He treats this franchise & its personnel like family instead of employees & that’s why we do the same shlt over & over again . Theirs no one being held accountable until he has no choice but to cut ties . Franchise should be treated as a business . Arthur Blank is not that kinda owner & never will be . If Kraft interfered with the way BB runs the show they wouldn’t be where they are. Arthur would never allow a HC or GM to make the type of decisions that BB does on the regular . 

"Fire DQ, Fire TD, trade Ryan"

3 hours ago, Williamb said:

So, 3 games into the season and 2 losses that were predicted preseason and so many people want to scuttle the ship. I think I'll just wait for the potential to show up.

1 hour ago, Williamb said:

Yeah I wasn't serious. That was a click-bait header. I've been a fan of this team when they only won 3 games all year. Doesnt make me happy, but doing 1 of those 3 things would destroy this team at this point of the season. Doing 2 of these options would destroy the team for several years.

Robert-De-Niro-Oh-you.gif

I came in here to yell at you!!! You got me!!! 

5 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

No team will trade for Ryan and have to pick up his contract.. We're stuck with Ryan several more years unfortunately 

"Stuck" with the best QB in franchise history. I mean, I'm all for drafting a QB early in the next few drafts, but to expect them to start right away is unreasonable. I'd like to take the same approach KC took with Mahomes.

Also, I think we can all admit TD has put together an extremely solid roster on paper. Depth wise this team has also never been better. TD isn't going anywhere regardless of what happens to Ryan and Quinn.

Most of the Falcons' struggles point right at DQ, dating all the way back to that SB collapse. He goes after this year if the Falcons miss the playoffs, plain and simple.

3 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I feel like I'm the last dude on here defending TD. He's not a bad GM. The ONLY criticisms I have are the Trufant and Freeman deals, but we don't really know what's going on behind the scenes.

And you don't trade Ryan unless you already have the answer at QB.

but yeah, I agree on the firing DQ part, it's time for him to go.

Sam Baker crushes both the Free and Tru deals not even close.

3 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

"Stuck" with the best QB in franchise history.

The best quarterback in team history is STILL Steve Bartkowski.

" Bartkowski is one of ten quarterbacks in NFL history who have achieved consecutive 30-touchdown passing seasons (1980 and 1981) at least one time in their career. Bartkowski was selected to the Pro Bowl after both the 1980 and 1981 seasons and was selected 2nd Team All-NFC following the 1980 campaign. Bartkowski led the NFL in passing in 1983 with a passer rating of 97.6.[3][4] Bartkowski set the record for consecutive games with at least three touchdown passes at home with five which he established over the 1980 and 1981 seasons. The record was held until the 2004 season when it was surpassed by Peyton Manning."

If Bartkowski had played in a modern passing attack with today's offense-friendly rules, he would set team records that Ryan would never be able to touch.

1 hour ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

" Bartkowski is one of ten quarterbacks in NFL history who have achieved consecutive 30-touchdown passing seasons (1980 and 1981) at least one time in their career. Bartkowski was selected to the Pro Bowl after both the 1980 and 1981 seasons and was selected 2nd Team All-NFC following the 1980 campaign. Bartkowski led the NFL in passing in 1983 with a passer rating of 97.6.[3][4] Bartkowski set the record for consecutive games with at least three touchdown passes at home with five which he established over the 1980 and 1981 seasons. The record was held until the 2004 season when it was surpassed by Peyton Manning."

If Bartkowski had played in a modern passing attack with today's offense-friendly rules, he would set team records that Ryan would never be able to touch.

Nice theory craft. If my aunt had testicles she would be my uncle. 

How many league MVP's did Bartkowski have?

Bartkowski had a career 55.9% completion rate vs 65% for Ryan.

Bartkowski had 141 career TDs with the falcons vs 295 for Ryan in the same amount of years.

Not sure if you are just being nostalgic or what but its total nonsense that Bart was a better QB than Ryan and it isn't even close.

Edited by TNFalcon1

DQ should be fired at the bye week if this type of play continues. TD should be fired after the season cause he has proven without a shadow of doubt he cannot properly evaluate talent on the OL or DL.

Ryan should not be traded at all.

People saying it's only been 3 games are completely missing the point Quinn is not a new coach here, TD has been GM over a decade and in both Quinn and TD we see the same issues all the time with things only getting worse not better.

10 hours ago, Williamb said:

So, 3 games into the season and 2 losses that were predicted preseason and so many people want to scuttle the ship. I think I'll just wait for the potential to show up.

I have a problem with predicting and or expecting a loss! Every game is winnable if 100 effort is given, you have the right plans, tactics, and strategy! Assuming a loss to some teams is acceptable and counting on wins vs other, assumed to be less than capable teams is NOT a sound strategy for success! 

Waiting on potential and spending money. Yep that’s it! 

Edited by roguebeaver

4 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Ok I must’ve forgotten the SB appearance Bart had????

12 hours ago, Williamb said:

Wrong!! Keep them all but put them in the spot they are very good at,, Quinn is not a Head Coach,, put him where he should be on this team,, TD is the best at what he does.. And if you trade or get rid of Ryan,, we'll have to wait another 3 years to even think about playoffs.. 

So No!! We only need to fix the one flat tire that is making us wreak every week,, even in the Win...game.   Hear me!!!!  When you have a flat tire,, Do you change all 4 tires?????  :bang:

We only need the Right O#C,,,,    That's It !!!!  But without the right one,, You can forget it.. even with this team that is loaded more than any Falcon team ever...  Did you hear me???    WE ONLY NEED An    { O# C } That has a Brain.

@Draftnut57 you are hollering at me and I agree entirely.

1st, td is only responsible for building the team that dq wanted. Which happens to be very talented.

2nd, matt ryan is probably the most successful qb we will see in a falcons uniform. If we do get a stud to replace him, it will set us back 2-3 years during a learning window.

3rd, do is an excellent defensive coach, not quite ready for prime time as a hc. But replacing him so soon would be doom for the falcons this season. 

Finally, rather than give up on this or the next 3 years, i would choose to wait and see if things come together by the end of this season.

Edited by Williamb
Correction