Calvin Ridley on Dirk's comments: Nothing for me on film

Ergo Proxy

On 9/25/2019 at 6:37 PM, Ergo Proxy said:

Calvin Ridley on Dirk Koetter saying he has to do a better job getting Ridley involved after one target vs. Colts: ``If you watch the film, there was nothing for me. There was no windows for me, really. It just wasn’t there. I think [Koetter] does a great job getting me involved. I can’t even be mad because I went back and looked at the film as soon as I got on the plane. Every play was zone, so there were no routes. It was hard to get open.’

Wow here I was saying the same thing, and people like JDaveG are telling me I am flat out wrong.

No, when the players are saying they aren't getting open, its proof that we aren't scheming or adjusting to help our players get open. But I guess a certain poster on TAFT knows better.

3 hours ago, runshoot said:

Wow here I was saying the same thing, and people like JDaveG are telling me I am flat out wrong.

No, when the players are saying they aren't getting open, its proof that we aren't scheming or adjusting to help our players get open. But I guess a certain poster on TAFT knows better.

Wrong. He needs to become a veteran and find soft spots in zone coverages. QB ain't the only one that reads defense on a pass play.

OL reads. WR reads. Backs and TEs if they are in the formation read.

Everyone contributes to a functional offense or not to varying degrees. Forcing 1on1 to teams playing man and taking advantage of it to Calvin vs the Eagles was just the week prior. That's man coverage. Zone is another animal.

PLUS!!! We actually moved and scored vs INDY.

I don't get the problem. Defense didn't get us the ball back. Matt was hitting EVERYONE in that game; 22 of 23 in the 2nd half and Ridley doesn't produce?

That's on him not the OC.

6 hours ago, runshoot said:

See below.

20 minutes ago, Peyton said:

It's hard to worry too much about who is getting the catches when a team goes Fg, TD, TD, TD to finish a game and the QB completes 22 of 23 and converts 8 or 9 third downs in a row.

This. 

On 9/27/2019 at 9:05 PM, Vandy said:

See below.

This. 

Not that. Losing games, slow starts. Stats don't matter when you are losing. 

See how the titans had #11 running wide open versus our guys getting blanked? 

Not sure what rosy glasses you guys have,but may want to take them off and see what's really going on. 

On 9/26/2019 at 0:54 PM, Joey563 said:

The train wreck that is our past offenses (last few OCs/HCs outside of Shanahan) that bothers me is how I've heard so many retired coaches on the networks, players, and even high school coaches (i've talked to) all agree how to win with our offenses; yet I don't see our coaches figuring it out. All these coaches and players keep saying you have to have an offense where everything feeds it's self and adjusts; the run set ups the pass, the pass sets up the run, and you move your pieces around while spreading the ball around (like Matt did during our Superbowl run). I know our line is not great and they are gelling, but why not go to a quick release throwing game (slants, quick/short routes, and plays that get the ball out of Matt's hands) with all the pressures and protection issues? 

It just makes sense to me; if the defense is shutting down the run (use quick/short passes to open up the run), if the defense is shutting down your pass (use your run game), if the defense is keying in on specific players (move them around and use layered routes). How is it other coaches and players see this and our coaches are not showing this during games (and when they do its late in the game when you're down two touchdowns or they do it the next game)?

So. The drives that we are successful and the one where we score were either ones where: we went to quick releases, moved players around, spread the ball around to multiple players (commentator acknowledged it), and had a mixed and unpredictable offense of pass/run/quick-release routes (commentator acknowledged it also). This helped us move the ball, protect Ryan from pressure, and got the offense in rhythm. Since we got away from that out offense has been predictable, out of sync, and just bad. You combine that with a defensive scheme that the Patriots exposed the last year in Seattle, and our Superbowl year, and this makes it clear we are going to be lucky to be .500 this year. I have heard all season so far, that we suck because we got down too much too early; yet here we are again, waiting till halftime to see if we adjust our game plans (offense and defense) and hope/pray that Ryan can save us in the second half (which isn't looking good because Ryan has looked bad). I love our team and the potential of our coaches and players but we're done. Unless something dramatic happens; and I really do hope and pray that I'm wrong.