Calvin Ridley on Dirk's comments: Nothing for me on film

Ergo Proxy

The train wreck that is our past offenses (last few OCs/HCs outside of Shanahan) that bothers me is how I've heard so many retired coaches on the networks, players, and even high school coaches (i've talked to) all agree how to win with our offenses; yet I don't see our coaches figuring it out. All these coaches and players keep saying you have to have an offense where everything feeds it's self and adjusts; the run set ups the pass, the pass sets up the run, and you move your pieces around while spreading the ball around (like Matt did during our Superbowl run). I know our line is not great and they are gelling, but why not go to a quick release throwing game (slants, quick/short routes, and plays that get the ball out of Matt's hands) with all the pressures and protection issues? 

It just makes sense to me; if the defense is shutting down the run (use quick/short passes to open up the run), if the defense is shutting down your pass (use your run game), if the defense is keying in on specific players (move them around and use layered routes). How is it other coaches and players see this and our coaches are not showing this during games (and when they do its late in the game when you're down two touchdowns or they do it the next game)?

4 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Have we had or are we ever going to have a game where both Julio and Ridley BOTH have truly big games?

Is it a case of where defenses essentially minimize one in favor of the other?

I dont think we should expect any more than week 2 of 2019. Long ago so i know how easy it was to forget.

18 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

So there are plays and tapes on Luke Stocker every freakin RED ZONE but not on Ridley?!!

It's based on the coverage and routes not players.  Stocker wad open because the zone dictated it. Jones is the only receiver on the team that Matt could justify throwing into coverage.  I'm sure their gameplan was too play Ridley and Jones and make the TE beat them over the middle

7 minutes ago, Joey563 said:

The train wreck that is our past offenses (last few OCs/HCs outside of Shanahan) that bothers me is how I've heard so many retired coaches on the networks, players, and even high school coaches (i've talked to) all agree how to win with our offenses; yet I don't see our coaches figuring it out. All these coaches and players keep saying you have to have an offense where everything feeds it's self and adjusts; the run set ups the pass, the pass sets up the run, and you move your pieces around while spreading the ball around (like Matt did during our Superbowl run). I know our line is not great and they are gelling, but why not go to a quick release throwing game (slants, quick/short routes, and plays that get the ball out of Matt's hands) with all the pressures and protection issues? 

It just makes sense to me; if the defense is shutting down the run (use quick/short passes to open up the run), if the defense is shutting down your pass (use your run game), if the defense is keying in on specific players (move them around and use layered routes). How is it other coaches and players see this and our coaches are not showing this during games (and when they do its late in the game when you're down two touchdowns or they do it the next game)?

Matt was 29/34 with 3 TDs. He had what 1 incompletion in the 2nd half? We were in scoring position on all 6 drives. 

Koetter called a fantastic game. Who cares if Ridley only has 1 target if the results are what we got? 

If the defense played half decent we win this game with ease.

Edited by Bobby.Digital

1 minute ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Matt was 29/34 with 3 TDs. He had what 1 incompletion in the 2nd half? We were in scoring position on all 6 drives. 

Koetter called a fantastic game. Who cares if Ridley only has 1 target if the results are what we got? 

If the defense played half decent we win this game with ease. 

My issue isn't Ridley with one target; its more with making adjustments much later and praying that Matt can save us before we run out of time. The good news is we seem to be making the change of now we are starting slow and actually finishing games (instead of starting fast and not being able to finish games like in the past). haha

22 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

I don’t care who gets the targets. If Ryan doesn’t throw that stupid pass to Stocker, we score 31 points. 31 points should be enough to win any NFL game. I don’t care which player does what 

If the defense allowed the offense more than 6 possessions we probably score 40...

3 hours ago, falcon1fan said:

It's based on the coverage and routes not players.  Stocker wad open because the zone dictated it. Jones is the only receiver on the team that Matt could justify throwing into coverage.  I'm sure their gameplan was too play Ridley and Jones and make the TE beat them over the middle

But why Stocker??!! Hes not the fastest, hea not at all aggressive. Too soft!

Graham on other hand needs a start...

4 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

I don’t care who gets the targets. If Ryan doesn’t throw that stupid pass to Stocker, we score 31 points. 31 points should be enough to win any NFL game. I don’t care which player does what 

This is it what looked routine in 2016 scoring 30 the last 2 and a bit season feels like an Oasis in the desert.

Difference execution attention to detail.KS had this in spades these other 2 not so much.

In DKs defense he has time but the seat is getting hottter and hotter.

5 hours ago, Joey563 said:

I’ve asked this question several times and I’ve come to realize that our opening script for the first few series are too predictable, DK and MR do a poor job of getting other playmakers involved earlier and making teams pay for doubling Julio and Stocker is on the field waaaayyyyy to much. On defense we’re just an undisciplined mess. With double digit penalties every game we’re going to find it hard to stop even average teams. Watch the titans, who have been struggling on offense look like the greatest show on turf against us. 

A few gripes...

It just boggles my mind when our LBers scramble around the field like their hair is on fire trying to get in their respective passing lanes or whatever their assigned areas are.

And while they’re doing this, a TE or WR will run right by them & get wide-*** open while our guy covers nothing but empty space!

So basically you have them acting like stupid robots covering air/space/zone without the common sense to pick up the only fkg warm body standing right in front of them!!

Secondly, this Stocker dude needs to step up his game like yesterday!  I’m not sure if there is a slower dude playing TE in the nfl.  Every single opportunity he’s gotten has resulted in disaster lol.

Not to mention the continued tackling problems caused by not breaking down or bringing your body into balance before tackling. 

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

I been doing that of late I even gone back and watched game footage.I shouldn’t it’s painful.

All I saw was great play design attention to small details to spring guys and that added up to great execution.

The guy made a name out of Taylor Gabriel.  No doubt in my mind he would’ve had a field day with Ridley.

3 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

A few gripes...

It just boggles my mind when our LBers scramble around the field like their hair is on fire trying to get in their respective passing lanes or whatever their assigned areas are.

And while they’re doing this, a TE or WR will run right by them & get wide-*** open while our guy covers nothing but empty space!

So basically you have them acting like stupid robots covering air/space/zone without the common sense to pick up the only fkg warm body standing right in front of them!!

Secondly, this Stocker dude needs to step up his game like yesterday!  I’m not sure if there is a slower dude playing TE in the nfl.  Every single opportunity he’s gotten has resulted in disaster lol.

Not to mention the continued tackling problems caused by not breaking down or bringing your body into balance before tackling. 

It's like we would have better tackling if we blindfolded them. At least then they might fall in a direction so that the ball carrier might accidentally trip over them.

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

This is it what looked routine in 2016 scoring 30 the last 2 and a bit season feels like an Oasis in the desert.

Difference execution attention to detail.KS had this in spades these other 2 not so much.

In DKs defense he has time but the seat is getting hottter and hotter.

Shanny is better. No one will argue that. But DK is doing great so far and will be just fine once Ryan gets his head on straight. Defense and STs need to get their **** together 

2 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Shanny is better. No one will argue that. But DK is doing great so far and will be just fine once Ryan gets his head on straight. Defense and STs need to get their **** together 

<_< I sure hope so mate.

If we can continue last weeks 2nd half consistently I’m with.Just need to see more,everything’s crossed here.

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

<_< I sure hope so mate.

If we can continue last weeks 2nd half consistently I’m with.Just need to see more,everything’s crossed here.

Consistency from 3 games? With one beautiful game winner?

DK is familiar but he literally just got back to ATL and with so many new players than he had last time. 

I don’t get the hate so far. Needs to establish the run  but 3 brand new lineman to gel. 

He gonna do great 

Edited by NeonDeion

10 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

The fact that our offense was able to make that game an actual game last week despite the offensive line penalties and having only 6 possessions should speak volumes about DK's ability...