Ergo Proxy

Calvin Ridley on Dirk's comments: Nothing for me on film

60 posts in this topic

Calvin Ridley on Dirk Koetter saying he has to do a better job getting Ridley involved after one target vs. Colts: ``If you watch the film, there was nothing for me. There was no windows for me, really. It just wasn’t there. I think [Koetter] does a great job getting me involved. I can’t even be mad because I went back and looked at the film as soon as I got on the plane. Every play was zone, so there were no routes. It was hard to get open.’’ Ridley had 10 targets vs. Philly in Week 2 and 6 targets vs. Minny in Week 1.

Calvin saying there was no 1on1 opportunities for him to showcase himself earning more targets while Colts stayed in zone? Gotta find a way to attack zones with Julio to free up Calvin.

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Calvin Ridley on Dirk Koetter saying he has to do a better job getting Ridley involved after one target vs. Colts: ``If you watch the film, there was nothing for me. There was no windows for me, really. It just wasn’t there. I think [Koetter] does a great job getting me involved. I can’t even be mad because I went back and looked at the film as soon as I got on the plane. Every play was zone, so there were no routes. It was hard to get open.’’ Ridley had 10 targets vs. Philly in Week 2 and 6 targets vs. Minny in Week 1.

Calvin saying there was no 1on1 opportunities for him to showcase himself earning more targets while Colts stayed in zone? Gotta find a way to attack zones with Julio to free up Calvin.

Rid is gonna have to find that cushion. That’s a convo he needs to have with Julio

6 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Rid is gonna have to find that cushion. That’s a convo he needs to have with Julio

You right about that!

Savvy vets know to not follow script to a "T" if you recognize what they are doing all game. Gotta adjust yourself to beat it.

Find the soft spot and work on becoming an option. Ryan may see the planned route is covered by their defensive call, but if you show him you trying to beat the coverage you are on same page as Matt as an outlet option worst case. That way, you keep chains moving and help the QB out. He can't always pull it down and run it or it won't always be a completely busted play.

Smarts as a play develops instead of a broken play turning it to street ball.

11 minutes ago, shocker2 said:

I feel like the question for Dr Quinn should be why the Indianapolis Colts zone works while the Atlanta Falcons zone leaks like the titanic!

This question would certainly keep Quinn picking at his navel for infinity!! Lol

9 minutes ago, shocker2 said:

I feel like the question for Dr Quinn should be why the Indianapolis Colts zone works while the Atlanta Falcons zone leaks like the titanic!

It's in how tight the coverage is. If the defender gives away too much cushion, most QB's will find those holes. We have a bad habit of giving too much cushion in zone.

PokerSteve likes this

1 minute ago, E. T. said:

It's in how tight the coverage is. If the defender gives away too much cushion, most QB's will find those holes. We have a bad habit of giving too much cushion in zone.

To play great zone defense you have to have players with great awareness. We only have 1-2.

mtldirtybird likes this

15 minutes ago, E. T. said:

I don't think Ridley had a bad game. He just wasn't targeted. Someone should look his way sometime.

He should get open, that was the problem. Good thing about Ridley is he accepts the short coming and works on it. He talked about how he had disappeared in middle of last year and how he improved towards the end. He will bounce back.

PokerSteve and MoFalconsFan56 like this

22 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

You right about that!

Savvy vets know to not follow script to a "T" if you recognize what they are doing all game. Gotta adjust yourself to beat it.

Find the soft spot and work on becoming an option. Ryan may see the planned route is covered by their defensive call, but if you show him you trying to beat the coverage you are on same page as Matt as an outlet option worst case. That way, you keep chains moving and help the QB out. He can't always pull it down and run it or it won't always be a completely busted play.

Smarts as a play develops instead of a broken play turning it to street ball.

Hooper is doing that more and more. He is big outlet for Matt now. 

PokerSteve likes this

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He should get open, that was the problem. Good thing about Ridley is he accepts the short coming and works on it. He talked about how he had disappeared in middle of last year and how he improved towards the end. He will bounce back.

Something else to think about, Ridley got hurt in that Eagles game, he took a shot to the ribs and had to come off the field. He may not have been even 90%, just a decoy and blocker. Sanu stepped up.

4 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Something else to think about, Ridley got hurt in that Eagles game, he took a shot to the ribs and had to come off the field. He may not have been even 90%, just a decoy and blocker. Sanu stepped up.

Interesting theory.

roguebeaver and Ergo Proxy like this

5 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Eh, if he was hurting that much why is he on the field?

Ty Hilton wasn't 100% entering the game either and made plays before aggravating his injury.

PokerSteve and Flying Falcon like this

1 hour ago, shocker2 said:

Worst part was their D line was sub par vs our O line....

There was absolutely NO EFFING REASON for Falcons offense to start sooo slow just no way! 

Good teams beat teams they must and we are polar opposite when it comes to such games.

It comes down to few main things

1) Complacency.

2) Lack of Discipline.

3) Lack of LEADERSHIP.

We have talent of TOP 10 teams in the league but, it means nothing if we cant execute consistently.

vel and PokerSteve like this

might want to ask the colts' staff how to get receivers open vs a zone defense!!!

that might be the dumbest thing i've ever heard--we couldn't figure a way to get open against a zone!

surely that was taken out of context...if not...maybe someone should show ridley and koetter the routes indy ran because their receivers and tight ends were not only open they were WIDE FREAKING OPEN ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!

give me a break!

17 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

So there are plays and tapes on Luke Stocker every freakin RED ZONE but not on Ridley?!!

Huh? This is Ridley saying he wasn't getting open. Stocker was open on that interception. At least somewhat. Matt just made either a poor throw or threw it to a spot and Stocker didn't get there. It's not saying there weren't plays for Ridley, it's just saying the coverage dictated he didn't get the ball or that he couldn't beat the coverage. And there is "tapes" on everyone... Lol