The dude is still bad!

roguebeaver

Falcons win Sun and folks will love Quinn again, and all will be forgiven! So, I’d rather have a staunch test next up, vs a scrub team with a isshy QB! Look for Titans to send in s scrub QB and pluck the feathers of a sick bird! Quinn is lucky this team is next up!

I’d rather pursue redemption by playing a good team than a chicken liver team like the one upcoming Sunday! Nothing will be gleaned from a Falcon win, except to prolong our agony. I hope we win but ya just never know anymore about the 500 team over the last couple of years. Stats and history says we win..,will have wait till next week. 

12 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Falcons win Sun and folks will love Quinn again, and all will be forgiven! So, I’d rather have a staunch test next up, vs a scrub team with a isshy QB! Look for Titans to send in s scrub QB and pluck the feathers of a sick bird! Quinn is lucky this team is next up!

I’d rather pursue redemption by playing a good team than a chicken liver team like the one upcoming Sunday! Nothing will be gleaned from a Falcon win, except to prolong our agony. I hope we win but ya just never know anymore about the 500 team over the last couple of years. Stats and history says we win..,will have wait till next week. 

The weakest team can blast you in the NFL. You can’t look at it that way. They looked at the browns that way last year and got demolished and the season fell apart. Wrong attitude. You need to beat up a weak opponent. That’s where confidence comes from. The pats try to obliterate weaker teams. A strong win against a “so called” weaker opponent is a confidence booster. 

6 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Not so fast, my friend!

I don't remember the year, but we were undefeated after the halfway point of the season (under Mike Smith). I kept pointing out that our o-line and defense were going to be our demise in the playoffs. Post-season football is a different game. Everyone dumped on me for being a pessimist during a time when we were undefeated.

We were 1-and-done because our o-line and defense were exposed like a perv at a peep show.

No matter how many games we win, my criticisms of Dan Quinn will stand, unless he suddenly learns some of the basics of coaching.

1. Clock managemnent
  2. Situational football.
  3. Having the team prepared adequately
  4. Actually building a defense, rather than collect (and waste) talented defensive players
  5. Do more than repeat tired platitudes, catch-phrases, and slogans
  6. Hire effective coordinators, rather than retreads who have already proven they cannot get the best from Matt Ryan
  7. Take some FRIKKING RESPONSIBILITY and exhibit some level of PERSONAL FRIKKING LOYALTY to the coaches under him. I despise his cowardly scapegoat-show this off-season.

So no: winning a few games will not wash away the taste of bile in the back of my throat every time I hear this cowardly, no-talent, disloyal, pathetic excuse of a "head coach" vomit out the same tired and ineffective pablum.

8 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

The weakest team can blast you in the NFL. You can’t look at it that way. They looked at the browns that way last year and got demolished and the season fell apart. Wrong attitude. You need to beat up a weak opponent. That’s where confidence comes from. The pats try to obliterate weaker teams. A strong win against a “so called” weaker opponent is a confidence booster. 

I agree if they grow from it...,but, they beat an eagle team and puked up or crapped up on Lucas Oil Field! So, like a blind drunk date, you don’t know if you get a passive or active tawt, one is good and the other smells!! 

4 minutes ago, falconsrsuper said:

Lets hope we dont get the titans team that beat the browns in cleveland in week 1. I dont like the thought of derek henry vs the falcon defense. I could see him getting some YAC yards.  Plus its an AFC team, What are we like 2-13 vs afc teams the last 4 yrs ?? 

Yes, very enlightening. And most disconcerting!

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I was thinking if we win a close one, I won’t be happy. And I’m also tired of being told how good the Vikings and Colts are. I don’t care, that makes us look mediocre.

11 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I was thinking if we win a close one, I won’t be happy. And I’m also tired of being told how good the Vikings and Colts are. I don’t care, that makes us look mediocre.

I agree. Destroy weaker opponents and play hard nosed mistake free football for 60 minutes against a tough opponent. 

21 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

Colts were basic and not good besides o line we stunk it up

This is why the good or great DL we are told we have. I’ve said in the past, you want a dominant defense more than a fast attack offense. A methodical offense is better for elite QBs if not boring. Ask Brady.

11 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I agree. Destroy weaker opponents and play hard nosed mistake free football for 60 minutes against a tough opponent. 

See, and that’s why I’m always being a jerk about average players, coaches, and play calling. When you’re average, you’re that much more beatable for good/great teams and lesser teams have a shot. That’s what average means.