Just re-watched the debacle and

The O.D.B

Just re-watched the debacle rewinding each play and here's what I saw.

LB: They were seeing ghosts. 

*Debo - if not for him, we would've lost by much more however, he's still rusty. Saw him 5 yard behind a receiver who was standing on a spot and he didn't attack him. he waited for the ball to be caught and then moved. I haven't  seen him do this since he was a rook. If he sees this on tape, I know he won't do it again. 

*Debo and Camp - 2 seperate plays I saw each in the correct area to stop the play but ignored the guy leaking out in front of them and ran to the other side. 

*Camp had mis-steps on 4-5 plays that kept him just short of making a play. he also tackled bad all game long. 

DBs: 

Ish: beast at the line (still amazed at his nose for the ball in traffic) but, liability in coverage. 

*Oliver - 3 or 4 rooky mistakes but, he cleans those up and he's the real deal. Not pleased with his game but his development has me excited. 

*Kazee - Seems like he's having some issues with who to pick up. There was a TD in the Vikes game where Rico started going to a guy, then noticed Kazee was too and Rico didn't have time to recover the guy that got dropped. Same thing in this game but with Debo this time. I'm assuming this is a Kazee issue only because Rico and Debo don't normally go to the wrong guy. (14 points)

The offense was nowhere near as bad as my recollection. 

Overall it wasn't as bad as it felt. 1 or 2 less perfectly timed penalties, an extra possession or 1 or 2 of the bad plays above and we win that game ugly. All the above fixed and we win by 2 scores. The most concerning things here are Kazee messing up coverage and the LBs not doing things they've done for years. 

These things are fixable. 

Edited by The O.D.B

37 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Foye wasn’t on top of his game either 

I didn't see a lot of Foye. He was any even split in the plays I saw him in, he had a few decent and a few where he was just a step slow. I didn't see him going the wrong way or covering the wrong guy like the others. 

1 minute ago, R_The_Great said:

We sadly miss Alford.  I know Alford had the occassional penalties.  BUT GOOD LORD, Oliver is a Flag Machine

Yeah...but he has to play for them to know what he can do..everyone is getting acclimated to the new rules. 

They are suffering from it.  Its why they had Refs in this week to help them know what they can an can not do...

5 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

We sadly miss Alford.  I know Alford had the occassional penalties.  BUT GOOD LORD, Oliver is a Flag Machine

Meh, I think it's a wash at this point. If you add Oliver's rook mistakes Rock  may be better to this point but, if Oliver can fix some of the rook stuff I think he'll be much more solid than rock was. 

3 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

I agree with the OP that these things are fixable, but we've got to stop allowing these later fixable things to happen. As long as we are fixing things, those things have already bit us.

It's time for preparedness and execution to prevent things from happening in the first place.

Good teams sometimes forget they are good and have a bad game. We on the other hand sometimes forget we are an NFL team... 

2 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

*Debo - if not for him, we would've lost by much more however, he's still rusty. Saw him 5 yard behind a receiver who was standing on a spot and he didn't attack him. he waited for the ball to be caught and then moved. I haven't  seen him do this since he was a rook. If he sees this on tape, I know he won't do it again. 

*Debo and Camp - 2 seperate plays I saw each in the correct area to stop the play but ignored the guy leaking out in front of them and ran to the other side. 

*Camp had mis-steps on 4-5 plays that kept him just short of making a play. he also tackled bad all game long. 

DBs: 

Ish: beast at the line (still amazed at his nose for the ball in traffic) but, liability in coverage. 

*Oliver - 3 or 4 rooky mistakes but, he cleans those up and he's the real deal. Not pleased with his game but his development has me excited. 

*Kazee - Seems like he's having some issues with who to pick up. There was a TD in the Vikes game where Rico started going to a guy, then noticed Kazee was too and Rico didn't have time to recover the guy that got dropped. Same thing in this game but with Debo this time. I'm assuming this is a Kazee issue only because Rico and Debo don't normally go to the wrong guy. (14 points)

Overall it wasn't as bad as it felt. 1 or 2 less perfectly timed penalties, an extra possession or 1 or 2 of the bad plays above and we win that game ugly. All the above fixed and we win by 2 scores. The most concerning things here are Kazee messing up coverage and the LBs not doing things they've done for years. 

And MATT Ryan's costly INT??

Just now, mattyicefalcon said:

And MATT Ryan's costly INT??

I was more trying to point out things that hadn't been beaten to death. 

On that play, I was very surprised to see everyone covered. Oddly, throwing to Stocker was a very shanny call. IE throw to the guy they aren't expecting. I'd have rather seen matt try elsewhere though. 

3 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

DBs: 

Yeah don’t understand how the offense was bad. Take back one awful Ryan decision and we probably score 31 points