Ricardo Allen: Falcons' defense needs discipline, not Superman

Goober Pyle

22 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I’ll take little to no penalties. No excuse for Rico, no excuse 

devin McCourty hasn’t had any penalties since 2016. His only unnecessary roughness was in 2010

earl THOMAS had 1 unnecessary roughness in 7 , in in 14 and 2 in 13. That’s it 

zero unnecessary roughness for Kareem Jackson 

one for Eddie Jackson in 18

Harrison Smith, the epitome of physical safeties, had one in 18 one in 13, one in 14 

Sorry, Rico plays sloppy as the rest of the bunch so. 

Is it a DQ thing? A talent thing? The latter isn’t specifically to Rico. 

Bottom line is these things hurt. Heck, if this is normal we should have signed vontaze burfict

Devin mcCourtey is taller too so it’s more rare for a taller player to get a helmet call. Rico being shorter players are gonna lower THEIR helmet into his. 

4 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

He’s an inch taller.

An inch is a mile on a football field. It’s a game of inches. Plus if you think he deserves all the flags he gets them that’s just your bias for him coming thru. He gets really questionable calls. Plus the officiating was bad in Indy. He’s absolutely right with what he’s saying. Do your job. Nobody on this board can say he doesn’t do his. That’s a fact. But THIS guy Takk is making a habit of not doing his by simply not SETTING THE F*CKING EDGE!!! And it’s lead to countless big plays. 

34 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

An inch is a mile on a football field. It’s a game of inches. Plus if you think he deserves all the flags he gets them that’s just your bias for him coming thru. He gets really questionable calls. Plus the officiating was bad in Indy. He’s absolutely right with what he’s saying. Do your job. Nobody on this board can say he doesn’t do his. That’s a fact. But THIS guy Takk is making a habit of not doing his by simply not SETTING THE F*CKING EDGE!!! And it’s lead to countless big plays. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not pinning everything on Rico. The whole dam team plays undisciplined and like sht.

i think the inch is less a factor and more range and the system as a whole not being executed. But taking up for unnecessary roughness? C’mon, bro. I watched all games and he’s been guilty and was in indie. But, yeah, takk and others aren’t doing their job to begin with. No argument. 

the falcons all need to STFU and do their job. Rico included