Sports Radio 680 The Fan (Alleged Peter King Comment)

BeardyMan

Brian Finneran is cancer. He's definitely turned out to be a heel. 

I'm good with AB firing Quinn or letting him finish up. To my mind, it won't make any difference one way or another.

I don't have any faith in our ability to catch fire and suddenly improve. I'd LOVE to be wrong, but 30yrs of Falcons football informs me.

3 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I don't take advice on my fandom from someone who hasn't been through what I've been through as a fan. I am unhappy with what I have seen, and I strongly believe that we deserve better. The sad thing is, it's there for the taking.  The NFC is down this year, and we have a very talented roster that is poorly prepared for battle. That's not on the fans, that's on DQ and his staff...

Funny, seeing as we are both falcons fans, I would imagine weve been through the same thing as fans.  

We do deserve better but this team deserves a fair shot to show us if they are as well.  Lets give it to them.  3 weeks in not fair to judge this team.  

1 minute ago, atlzmr2 said:

Ill remind you that as sloppy as we played, we lost by 3 points.  I dont expect to play the next 13 games as badly.  Everything went wrong for us and we only lost by 3.  Once we clean things up, we will be fine.  Im just saying, lets try to remember its week 3.  A lot of teams start the season sloppy and get things figured out.  

That's where you wrong. If AB decides to fire Quinn, he's not basing it on just these first few games, he's basing it on the 70 plus games Quinn had coached.  If he believes this season can still be successful, but not with Quinn, then he has a hard decision to make. 

Just now, atlzmr2 said:

Funny, seeing as we are both falcons fans, I would imagine weve been through the same thing as fans.  

We do deserve better but this team deserves a fair shot to show us if they are as well.  Lets give it to them.  3 weeks in not fair to judge this team.  

Life's not fair, and the NFL darn sure isn't fair. They'll get more time for sure, but the clock is ticking, and that's not on me or any other fan.  The seat is scalding hot right now, and whether you think that is fair is immaterial.  If you think for one second that Mr. Blank isn't looking hard at potential replacements, you're wrong.  3 weeks or not, the on field product has not been up to snuff.  They look unprepared, out schemed, undisciplined, etc., and that gets guys fired.

5 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Brian Finneran is cancer. He's definitely turned out to be a heel. 

I'm good with AB firing Quinn or letting him finish up. To my mind, it won't make any difference one way or another.

I don't have any faith in our ability to catch fire and suddenly improve. I'd LOVE to be wrong, but 30yrs of Falcons football informs me.

Personally, I prefer Finn be truthful with his opinion than be a homer with pom-poms.

17 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

We haven’t played one divisional game and this season is toast? Man you must have one miserable life

Have you watched any of our games? I saw the Saints beat an undefeated Seahawks team with a backup QB. We can't stop tripping ourselves up with our starters.

We are not having tough hard fought loses where we just came up short, our team looks broken at each and every level of play.

3 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Member when Luck retired and I said don’t sleep on Brissett and the colts O-line? I member. Penalties kept our O off the field and Ryan threw a pick at the worst possible time. How do you beat teams like ours? Keep our offense off the field. The penalties and Indy’s great oline made Brissett look great. I’ll say it again Brissett is not a bad qb 

You beat a team like ours by throwing under the soft zone. Sure our penalties extended drives, but they had 2 drives longer than 90 yards. Make defensive adjustments. That happened in the SB. Will DQ ever learn from that? He needs to or we are toast!

1 minute ago, Zzzzz said:

That's where you wrong. If AB decides to fire Quinn, he's not basing it on just these first few games, he's basing it on the 70 plus games Quinn had coached.  If he believes this season can still be successful, but not with Quinn, then he has a hard decision to make. 

Well AB wont decide that.  He's already said as much before the season started.  

If we are basing it on 70 games then look at the resume.  2015 rebuild, 2016 superbowl appearance, 2017 playoff appearance, 2018 injury plagued season.  

While DQ hasnt accomplished the ultimate goal of winning the SB, thats not a bad resume.  How many coaches over the last 4 years have fared better.  Only a handful.  You wanna fire DQ, you do it after the season and not after week 3.  

4 minutes ago, Zzzzz said:

That's where you wrong. If AB decides to fire Quinn, he's not basing it on just these first few games, he's basing it on the 70 plus games Quinn had coached. 

1 minute ago, Zzzzz said:

Personally, I prefer Finn be truthful with his opinion than be a homer with pom-poms.

You're new here....but I like the way you think....

You are absolutely correct....if he's fired...it has nothing to do with these first few games....and thats what people are not getting..

5 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Life's not fair, and the NFL darn sure isn't fair. They'll get more time for sure, but the clock is ticking, and that's not on me or any other fan.  The seat is scalding hot right now, and whether you think that is fair is immaterial.  If you think for one second that Mr. Blank isn't looking hard at potential replacements, you're wrong.  3 weeks or not, the on field product has not been up to snuff.  They look unprepared, out schemed, undisciplined, etc., and that gets guys fired.

Well I encourage you to go read AB interview with the athletic from a few weeks ago.  Then lets talk about how hot the seat is.  

Obviously if the season continues or ends how it has started, that will change and the seat will be "scalding hot".  But it certainly isnt right now.  I think AB knows that as an owner, you cant be emotional or hot headed.  He will evaluate the team at the proper time.  Week 3 certainly isnt the proper time.

3 minutes ago, atlzmr2 said:

Well I encourage you to go read AB interview with the athletic from a few weeks ago.  Then lets talk about how hot the seat is.  

Obviously if the season continues or ends how it has started, that will change and the seat will be "scalding hot".  But it certainly isnt right now.  I think AB knows that as an owner, you cant be emotional or hot headed.  He will evaluate the team at the proper time.  Week 3 certainly isnt the proper time.

For one, I don't believe everything that owners tell the media. I'm a little more savvy than that...

18 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

Dan Reeves, but towards the end of the season. I think I was more mutual though as AB told Dan that he was going to be fired at the end of the season and Dan said, ‘Why wait!?!’

Correct.  He stepped down because he knew he was going to be fired at the end of the season.

Quinn isn't going anywhere during the season is the point, and you proved it so thank you :) 

7 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

I agree 100% with this statement!! TD needs to be fired to!!! He has been here over a decade and our trenches still suck SMFH! 

If you really want to talk about the truth and selecting olineman tell the truth  don’t make **** up.

Its a league wide problem the last decade the idea you can go to the draft and get olineman is a myth.Its thee most hit and miss position in the league and for thee most part alot or a high % coming out can’t cut it.

So where does this leave TD I tell you where like every other GM a rock and a hard place.

Everybody’s right here.

Yes, Quinn has piled up enough epic failures with the talent he’s been afforded to warrant being gone yesterday.

Yes, it’s absurdly early to be firing a head coach during a season. Even the worst coaches (he IS among them) have some chance of righting the ship at the 1/5 mark of the season. 

So, while I’m ready for him to be gone for someone competent, I’ve come to accept that he’ll be here, at worst, until we are eliminated. Until then, I hope the team is capable of overcoming its coaching and make a SB run.  

6 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

TD and Quinn both need to go. It’s time for an entire regime change. Keeping the status quo is getting us nowhere.

Pittsburgh Steelers disagree there one of thee most successful franchises in NFL history how many coaches have they had.

The difference between the best and the rest the best normally pick n stick.Theyve made the right decision and stick.Not chop and change at the sight of trouble.

What AB will do who knows.

He could have off loaded TD 2014 and went with a new GM 2015 with the change of coach and staff but the above didn’t why do you think that was.

I suspect it would take a catastrophic season for AB to off load DQ.

The latter and his cohorts just have to get this thing figured out.

2 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

When did I ever say that?? Don't put words in my mouth.  I believe the eye test, and I've been around long enough to know that he is 100% on the hot seat...

If youve been around long enough, then you should know how rare it is for a coach to be fired after 3 weeks or through the first quarter of the season.  Even the truly bad teams dont fire their coaches that early.  I think the Browns had the first head coach fired last season and even that was late in the season.  Like I said, if this is week 14 and we are playing like this, then yeah sure, he would be on the hot seat.

44 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

Dan Reeves, but towards the end of the season. I think I was more mutual though as AB told Dan that he was going to be fired at the end of the season and Dan said, ‘Why wait!?!’

Dan didn't wanna stop coaching the Falcons.  He was upset about it.  Thats why he refused to coach till the end of the season.  He basically said that if he couldn't continue to be the coach then " kick rocks".  He wasn't gonna let Blank play him like that and I don't blame him. Blank's mistake was he was a new owner.  When you get rid of a coach, you make a clean break on the spot, not let it linger like that over 3 games...

Edited by slickgadawg

18 minutes ago, atlzmr2 said:

If youve been around long enough, then you should know how rare it is for a coach to be fired after 3 weeks or through the first quarter of the season.  Even the truly bad teams dont fire their coaches that early.  I think the Browns had the first head coach fired last season and even that was late in the season.  Like I said, if this is week 14 and we are playing like this, then yeah sure, he would be on the hot seat.

Thinking he should be fired, and him actually being fired are 2 completely different things. Of course he isn't going to be fired, but he probably should be. His koom by yah messages aren't working, e.g. brother hood, brother hood, yada, yada, yada. I wish I didn't feel this way, and I wished the results didn't force me to this place.  Saying all that, I hope to heck they get it together, but honestly, I'm tired of getting up, and then quickly coming back down to reality.  More power to you for keeping the faith, but get back to me after you've been a fan of this team for 40 years Grasshopper...