Sports Radio 680 The Fan (Alleged Peter King Comment)

(First- I live in the Midwest and have this radio app that I can select a radio station of my choice. This is just another way to keep in the loop on ATL)

So I was listing to the morning show on 680 and I don’t know the other two that were talking but it was the morning show with Brian Finneran.

they were talking about breaking news (allegedly) over night that Peter King was on a radio station and mentioned that AB was considering a coach change. This was then posted on a Facebook account by an Atlanta beat writer (unfortunately did not catch the name , Michael something... I think ?)

did anyone else hear this and is the beat writer (if you can figure out his name and Facebook account) legit or is this someone just starting a rumor?

Peter King has not commented yet.

if true... it will probably take a loss to Tennessee and Houston for this to even be considered.

Edited by Biscuits&Gravy
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New coach will be worse. Always is. No savior coming. DQ gets a chance to right the ship 

No. We are gonna spank Tennessee then go on a winning streak. 

Coaching change midseason isn't going to turn the team into a super bowl contender.

Posted Images

I hope AB makes a mid season change, it would send a clear message to the players on the team that this crap is not acceptable. Our season is toast anyway at this point at least we would get a head start on a coach change.

Our new coaches need to take Pre Season seriously and play our starters. I do not care if we get injuries during pre season, I want the players that make it through pre season to be ready to play.

TD also needs to be put on notice and probably fired, his OL and DL always are horrible he has ZERO ability to find talent in the trenches and always takes weak, injury prone and under sized linemen on both sides of the ball.

3 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I hope AB makes a mid season change, it would send a clear message to the players onthe team that this crap is not acceptable. Our season is toast anyway at this point least we would get a head start on a coach change.

TD also needs to be put on notice and probably fired, his OL and DL always are horrible he has ZERO ability to find talent in the trenches and always takes weak, injury prone and under sized linemen on both sides of the ball.

Totally agree. Enough is enough.

i believe these two games could be the writing on the wall.

if DQ gets out coached again, AB has to strongly consider a change.

2 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

New coach will be worse. Always is. No savior coming. DQ gets a chance to right the ship 

Yeah, Week 3 is a little early to be torpedoing an entire season. If you are going to make a change at least wait and see where they are at the bye. I still say they just need to tread water for the first 8 games. If they can win 7 games at home, they should be able to steal a few on the road.

6 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Yeah, Week 3 is a little early to be torpedoing an entire season. If you are going to make a change at least wait and see where they are at the bye. I still say they just need to tread water for the first 8 games. If they can win 7 games at home, they should be able to steal a few on the road.

I really don’t know who is out there who is better. There’s nobody 

38 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I hope AB makes a mid season change, it would send a clear message to the players on the team that this crap is not acceptable. Our season is toast anyway at this point at least we would get a head start on a coach change.

Our new coaches need to take Pre Season seriously and play our starters. I do not care if we get injuries during pre season, I want the players that make it through pre season to be ready to play.

I agree 100% with this statement!! TD needs to be fired to!!! He has been here over a decade and our trenches still suck SMFH! 

19 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

As frustrating as it's been, especially @Min and @Ind, it's not wise to dump a coach after 3 or 4 weeks.  Doubly so when said coach doubles as your defensive coordinator so in effect you are losing two coaches. 

Plus it doesn't fit AB's way of doing things. 

Quinn is frustrating no doubt, but firing him mid season, and really it's not even mid season...quarter season...could have much bigger ramifications long term for this franchise.

9 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Why would you want anything else?

Keeping Quinn isnt going to make us a contender, the roster needs a mental shakeup and reset, AB needs to put his foot down and make it clear failure is met with exiting the franchise. 

We can use the rest of the year to weed out the players that don't really want to be here and keep the players that still play hard. Maybe the interim coach can stick around in another capacity if they do well. Maybe they will luck out and find a guy quickly this season that shows promise that the players rally around.

Pretty much every outcome of cutting our loses with Quinn is better than watching Quinn and this team flail around in a hopeless free fall for another full season.

6 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

I really don’t know who is out there who is better. There’s nobody 

And why should you knowing who is better matter?

The fact is Frank Reich, a first time head coach, just took DQs lunch money in a pivotal game. He made Jacoby look like a top QB through game planning and great play calling. People want to downplay the importance of the game because it's week 3 but every week matters when it's only 16 games. Our margin for error was already thin as it was. Now we don't have any.

Meanwhile the Saints manage to lose their HOF QB and still beat  a good Seahawks team on the road. It's clear what the problem is. Our coach is spiraling out of control. In pivotal moments, we need our coach to step up and make a difference. Too often he's relying on the talent of the players and not putting the players in position to make plays. 

DQ had a nice run, but he's showing that he's limited to the talent he has to attain success instead of making the players better. That's not what you need from your coach.

When a QB (Brissett) in his post game press conference says the game went exactly like we prepared for it, that's a big problem (defensively). Brissett said he saw guys running wide open and just threw the ball to them.  Once again Falcons were out-coached, out-schemed. DQ is showing that he is not a defensive guru.  Sitting in zone and playing far off players isn't going to cut it.  The defense has been the issue before his hire and it's still the issue with him.  I hate changing coaches and starting all over again, but DQ is on his last thread.

5 minutes ago, athell said:

As frustrating as it's been, especially @Min and @Ind, it's not wise to dump a coach after 3 or 4 weeks.  Doubly so when said coach doubles as your defensive coordinator so in effect you are losing two coaches. 

Plus it doesn't fit AB's way of doing things. 

Quinn is frustrating no doubt, but firing him mid season, and really it's not even mid season...quarter season...could have much bigger ramifications long term for this franchise.

I agree midseson may not be the way to go. But I think the thought of a coaching change has to be in AB's mind. 

He's just given big contracts to Matt, Deion Jones and Julio. He's expecting results. I wouldn't be surprised if DQ is let go after this season if the team fails to make the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

When a QB (Brissett) in his post game press conference says the game went exactly like we prepared for it, that's a big problem defensively. Brissett said he saw guys running wide open and just threw the ball to them.  Once again Falcons were out-coached, out-schemed. DQ is showing that he is not defensive guru.  Sitting in zone and playing far off players isn't going to cut it.  The defense has been the issue before his hire and it's still the issue with him.  I hate changing coaches and starting all over again, but DQ is on his last thread.

:(

4 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

And why should you knowing who is better matter?

The fact is Frank Reich, a first time head coach, just took DQs lunch money in a pivotal game. He made Jacoby look like a top QB through game planning and great play calling. People want to downplay the importance of the game because it's week 3 but every week matters when it's only 16 games. Our margin for error was already thin as it was. Now we don't have any.

Meanwhile the Saints manage to lose their HOF QB and still beat  a good Seahawks team on the road. It's clear what the problem is. Our coach is spiraling out of control. In pivotal moments, we need our coach to step up and make a difference. Too often he's relying on the talent of the players and not putting the players in position to make plays. 

DQ had a nice run, but he's showing that he's limited to the talent he has to attain success instead of making the players better. That's not what you need from your coach.

Cant argue non of this....

2 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

I agree midseson may not be the way to go. But I think the thought of a coaching change has to be in AB's mind. 

He's just given big contracts to Matt, Deion Jones and Julio. He's expecting results. I wouldn't be surprised if DQ is let go after this season if the team fails to make the playoffs.

Oh not saying it hasn't crossed his mind.  It has to have.  100%.  Timing is everything though.