Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, anygivensunday11 said:

MR’s turnovers have killed us more than anything. Plus no blitzing brisset why? Make him make some bad throws at least, falcons are playing soft, zone zone zone. That being said the players are the ones that can’t get off the field, have they gotten a 3 and out through 3 games?

MR2's turnovers have certainly hurt the first two games.  This past game his one pick came at a bad time but he had a pretty good game otherwise...he won't be perfect.   Playing soft zone against a team known for running the ball and dinking and dunking is not a bad plan per se but you have to come up and tackle and we did not do that well at all.  Top that off with all the penalties that extended drives and it was a comedy of errors and most of them were on the defense this game where as the O has primarily been the lacking one the previous two outings. We will be dangerous when we can get all three phases to work right (heck even if we can get them all to stop screwing up so much, we will be formidable).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m gonna say this one last time and then I’m done with it til the next game cause y’all already have the pitchforks out. The defense was getting stops in 3rd down and they’d get a stupid holding penalty. It’s only 5 yards but it’s an automatic first down. Keeps the colts offense going. It had nothing to do with them playing zone. They played a lot of man too. The colts were running tight formations a bunch formations that force you out of man. They lost because of the mistakes and the 16 d@mn penalties. It’s that simple. I’m mad as the rest of you but the colts didn’t them. They beat themselves. The one thing you CANT do in the nfl is beat yourself. They did it against Minny and they did it against the colts. Both road games. They can’t keep shooting the selves in the foot on the road. The object is the win your home games and split your road games. That equals 12-4. We’re 1-2. We can be .500 at home Sunday. Not worried about home. It’s the away games with all these mistakes, penalties and slow starts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In order for us to have beaten the Colts,  the players would have had to completely disregard Q's play-calling.

It all starts with putting your guys in the position to succeed. That clearly wasn't happening when you call a soft zone defense against a team that's eating you alive with underneath passes.

Edited by RubberDucky
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I’m gonna say this one last time and then I’m done with it til the next game cause y’all already have the pitchforks out. The defense was getting stops in 3rd down and they’d get a stupid holding penalty. It’s only 5 yards but it’s an automatic first down. Keeps the colts offense going. It had nothing to do with them playing zone. They played a lot of man too. The colts were running tight formations a bunch formations that force you out of man. They lost because of the mistakes and the 16 d@mn penalties. It’s that simple. I’m mad as the rest of you but the colts didn’t them. They beat themselves. The one thing you CANT do in the nfl is beat yourself. They did it against Minny and they did it against the colts. Both road games. They can’t keep shooting the selves in the foot on the road. The object is the win your home games and split your road games. That equals 12-4. We’re 1-2. We can be .500 at home Sunday. Not worried about home. It’s the away games with all these mistakes, penalties and slow starts. 

Yeah I agree. The defensive calls were fine; that wasnt the isuue - the third down penalties on defense and mssed tackles is what did them in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

DQ may not play, but he sure did put this roster together and call the defensive plays that continue to fail.  Having a short bit of limited defensive success in 2016 and wetting the bed in the SB ain't going to cut it.  This guy has never been a HC at any level prior to being hired by the Falcons--and it shows.  I don't think he has what it takes to make the tough decisions, otherwise some of these players wouldn't be on this team.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Yeah I agree. The defensive calls were fine; that wasnt the isuue - the third down penalties on defense and mssed tackles is what did them in.

Didn’t they also complete their first 20 passes? Or something very close to it. The problems on defense were way beyond missed tackles and penalties. No pressure. No coverage. The only thing we did well on defense was stopping the run.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, pzummo said:

Didn’t they also complete their first 20 passes? Or something very close to it. The problems on defense were way beyond missed tackles and penalties. No pressure. No coverage. The only thing we did well on defense was stopping the run.

This! There is nothing intimidating about DQ’s defense. It’s such a boring and passive D to watch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

In order for us to have beaten the Colts,  the players would have had to completely disregard Q's play-calling.

It all starts with putting your guys in the position to succeed. That clearly wasn't happening when you call a soft zone defense against a team that's eating you alive with underneath passes.

Straight up untrue. They need to do their **** jobs. Had a half dozen stops negated due to penalty and multiple blown assignments.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a fan of the passive gameplan, but I get the thought process based off the Colts earlier games and personnel. Also think Quinn is responsible to an extent in getting players to be less mistake prone and execute. But these are grown *** adults. If you don't do your job at work, it's on you more than your boss.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, anygivensunday11 said:

MR’s turnovers have killed us more than anything. Plus no blitzing brisset why? Make him make some bad throws at least, falcons are playing soft, zone zone zone. That being said the players are the ones that can’t get off the field, have they gotten a 3 and out through 3 games?

Have you watched a game this year?  Really...have you?  Matt's boneheaded int in the Colt's game did not cost them the game.  The best you can say is the Vikings game it contributed, but still the teams overall mistakes cost that game too. 

Matt has a way of overcoming his mistakes, the team needs to be able do the same or better, stop keeping the other teams offense on the field by defensive non-sense.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, anygivensunday11 said:

MR’s turnovers have killed us more than anything. Plus no blitzing brisset why? Make him make some bad throws at least, falcons are playing soft, zone zone zone. That being said the players are the ones that can’t get off the field, have they gotten a 3 and out through 3 games?

So you are saying, "not blitzing, and soft zone zone zone", are issues with why we are losing.  Newsflash - DQ calls the defense! :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the title is a little confusing until i read the tags, I think the OP is saying that DQ didnt have Neal, Jarrett, or "the new guy" on the final drive...if thats what this is about we can close the thread now because obviously the OP doesnt watch any of the games. We know why Neal and Jarrett were not in the game....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, octoslash said:

In my opinion it was a lazily put together gameplan, ala, 'We'll just go zone, it's the Colts, we're better than them'.  

I really believe that's what happened.  The gameplan was, basically no gameplan.  

Agreed. They took the Colts with a new QB lightly, then when they needed to turn on the switch it was too late.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...