Remember how Matt missed a wide open Julio vs Indy?

10 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

:( Your 100 million dollar QB. STILL staring down his WRs and not going through his progressions.

If you watch the video and the original post from 16 minutes, it shows what Ryan saw pre-snap and if you pay attention our left guard gets beat and Matt gets flushed to the side Hooper is on.  Away from Julio.

Every quarterback misses something in hindsight they aren’t always right in their pre-snap read and stuff can happen with pressure etc. People using this against Matt are truly desperate.

But hey, maybe if pressure flushed him to the right it’s a natural attempt to Julio. However, doubt the safety ever leaves him in that case and it’s still a one on one.. 

Sorry Ergo. Ryan just missed that read. There wasnt that much pressure that he couldn't went back to the other side of the field. He already had his mind set on throwing to Hooper, just like he did with Stocker. Maybe that was this week's game plan, to throw to the tight ends. You know Koetter like his tight ends or was it Murlarky? Anyhoo.....

4 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Sorry Ergo. Ryan just missed that read. There wasnt that much pressure that he couldn't went back to the other side of the field. He already had his mind set on throwing to Hooper, just like he did with Stocker. Maybe that was this week's game plan, to throw to the tight ends. You know Koetter like his tight ends or was it Murlarky? Anyhoo.....

Did you even look at the OP?

The safety is in cover two and was there on Julio. It was only an option if Julio was his first read but guess what they would have done if he is looking at Julio first? By the time the ball needs to come out he is already flushed from the pocket.

Watch the video I posted from 16min-19min and they explain it.

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Did you even look at the OP?

The safety is in cover two and was there on Julio. It was only an option if Julia was his first read but guess what they would have done if he is looking at Julio first? By the time the ball needs to come out he is already flushed from the pocket.

Watch the video I posted from 16min-19min and they explain it.

I saw it and I saw Julio came open. Ever heard of a "look off" or "pump fake"? Count the secs that Matt stares down Hoop before letting go of the ball. He had time to look at Hoop and go back to Julio, he just didnt. Probably thought Julio was gonna be doubled cover, but that never stopped him before.

Like I said, maybe the game plan was to go heavy tight end this game. You know your boy, Ryan, likes to stick to the game plans instead of going off script. He's a company guy.

13 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

I saw it and I saw Julio came open. Ever heard of a "look off" or "pump fake"? Count the secs that Matt stares down Hoop before letting go of the ball. He had time to look at Hoop and go back to Julio, he just didnt. Probably thought Julio was gonna be doubled cover, but that never stopped him before.

Like I said, maybe the game plan was to go heavy tight end this game. You know your boy, Ryan likes to stick to the game plans instead of going off script. He's a company guy.

My point with all of this is that people claimed it was a wide-open touchdown and that’s just not true. It’s true that in hindsight if he had planned to go back to Julio and took a shot there may have been a one on one battle you like but that’s not a guaranteed touchdown.

It’s people hung up on a narrative based on the limited replays that were posted during the game.

Matt read pressure potential blitz to the left. The linebacker goes to Free instead of blitzing and Carpenter gets beat anyway without the blitz. Matt is flushed to throw before Julio was open! 

Matt was looking at two options to the left based on his pre-snap read. It was a cleaner look then the right side of the formation on this play.

Even if you think in hindsight if he knew pressure would come from the left and to flush right and throw a 1on1 ball to Julio...still reaching to say that was a missed touchdown. 

9 minutes ago, tldr said:

Holy **** Hooper was wiiiiiiide open. Trubisky could make that throw jfc. Somehow I'm more pissed than before when I thought he just missed Julio. This is way worse.

Exactly!!

a better ball is 1on1 there but the LB takes RB and CB dropped to help Safety in soft spot of zone.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

:huh:....Not trying to turn this into a bash Ryan thing.  It does come with the territory and is completely valid that people want to hold him accountable.  16 penalties, big part of the reason you lost that game.  Lets be 100% logical here.

-You get a TD there instead of the FG, its a different ballgame.

-Matt Ryan is an unquestioned / unchallenged entity on this team.  Never a question about his money, Falcons hand him a fat check ahead of time every time.

-Matt Ryan is PAID.....I will say it for the 100th time, check spotrac or your favorite financial site for NFL player earnings and see which nfl QB is scheduled to be the HIGHEST paid in NFL history in the next 3 or 4 years.  ITS MATT RYAN at $318 million dollars.  Not Rodgers, Brady, Brees.  The only guys that will potentially catch an surpass Ryan from an NFL earnings standpoint in the next 3 or 4 seasons in Stafford.  Stafford is not much different than Ryan.  He is a good player, not great.

The fact that you have been paid like your are #1 overall in all of the NFL (and you play QB), its on you bud.  Put up and you wouldn't get criticized.  At some point, I think you will see teams reject what is happening with NFL salaries, especially the QBs.  If you want $150+ million, you better be in the pro-bowl every year.  You better be top 3 in every measure of the position.  I don't expect you to be perfect, but I don't expect after 3 weeks that you only have 2 more TD compared to INTs.

2 minutes ago, isproab said:

:huh:....Not trying to turn this into a bash Ryan thing.  It does come with the territory and is completely valid that people want to hold him accountable.  16 penalties, big part of the reason you lost that game.  Lets be 100% logical here.

-Matt Ryan is an unquestioned / unchallenged entity on this team.  Never a question about his money, Falcons hand him a fat check ahead of time every time.

-Matt Ryan is PAID.....I will say it for the 100th time, check spotrac or your favorite financial site for NFL player earnings and see which nfl QB is scheduled to be the HIGHEST paid in NFL history in the next 3 or 4 years.  ITS MATT RYAN at $318 million dollars.  Not Rodgers, Brady, Brees.  The only guys that will potentially catch an surpass Ryan from an NFL earnings standpoint in the next 3 or 4 seasons in Stafford.  Stafford is not much different than Ryan.  He is a good player, not great.

The fact that you have been paid like your are #1 overall in all of the NFL (and you play QB), its on you bud.  Put up and you wouldn't get criticized.  At some point, I think you will see teams reject what is happening with NFL salaries, especially the QBs.  If you want $150+ million, you better be in the pro-bowl every year.  You better be top 3 in every measure of the position.  I don't expect you to be perfect, but I don't expect after 3 weeks that you only have 2 more TD compared to INTs.

It had to be said and got darn it, it was!!!!

6 minutes ago, tldr said:

What do you mean nowhere to place the ball? Pause the clip at 0:21 all he has to do is throw it to Hooper

Yep. His pre-snap read was off and he didn’t get the pass away before the corner closed to cover for the safety. Instead, he threw a bad pass that could’ve been a better one a little bit earlier.

I’m more frustrated by the holding call on the first drive and the interception on the second drive that cost us at least six points. Of course, the offense isn’t why we lost this game but since the subject is the offense that’s what we’re talking about here. 

33 minutes ago, isproab said:

Why hijack?

This thread is about a single play within the game versus Indianapolis. Care to contribute? Most people have been hard on Matt Ryan for his interceptions this year. This play and his performance on Sunday was not why we lost. Every quarterback is guilty of a miss read and I find it funny people are hung up on this play more than seemingly the INT which was  The actual mistake.

8 minutes ago, tldr said:

What do you mean nowhere to place the ball? Pause the clip at 0:21 all he has to do is throw it to Hooper

Then WHY DIDN'T HE?  Bad throw?  Nah.  Either ryan can't fit balls into tight spaces or he purposely threw it out of bounds. I'm saying both because he does this frequently.  He did it in the playoffs against philly.

14 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Then WHY DIDN'T HE?  Bad throw?  Nah.  Either ryan can't fit balls into tight spaces or he purposely threw it out of bounds. I'm saying both because he does this frequently.  He did it in the playoffs against philly.

Yeah he panicked and threw it away cause the DE is about to hit him. It wasn't even a tight window, the cb and s are literally 10 yards away from Hooper.

Edited by tldr