Who still believes Dan Quinn is going to get this defense playing some good ball?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm done making any kind of predictions or feeling any kind of way about the Atlanta Falcons.  Gonna just sit back and enjoy the ride the best I can.

If there is one thing I've noticed about the Falcons under Dan Quinn is on a good day they can beat an undefeated Carolina team, destroy a red hot Packer team on a long win streak, shutdown the Rams o

I believe in DQ more than I believe in the players.  People forget coaches can't play the game. Vic Fangio going to DEN was supposed to unleash terror on the NFL. Yet, they have zero sacks and tu

Posted Images

6 hours ago, athell said:

I'm done making any kind of predictions or feeling any kind of way about the Atlanta Falcons.  Gonna just sit back and enjoy the ride the best I can.

I took this approach when I lost confidence in this QB to take control and will us to a chip a couple years ago...even at that I still feel some kinda way when we get the L.

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

Yep. Pats never change their system. Can’t even imagine how good Ryan would be without changing OCs all the time. DK looks solid so far. DQ gotta step up the D. DQ so inconsistent tho. He’s only a top coach when things are clicking. 

I don't think the Patriots were as good when Josh McDaniels left for the Broncos. They got crushed by the Ravens in the 09 playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, QuantumFalconz said:

We're going to be fine due to the fact that we're going to be a tough team to beat at the Benz. With that being said, our Falcons commit too many penalties on the road. Clean that up and we're talking about an 2-1 team.

14 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

The D we saw versus the Eagles was the closest thing I've seen to what we have been expecting. If Quinn can get this unit to play like that consistently then we'll really be in business.

I think the Falcons will be a force to be reckoned with in 2020 but this will probably be a 2017 like season where we will be lucky to make the playoffs.

5 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

All the guys on this board see are the bad plays. That’s all they ever see from our players. It takes baldy and other unbiased x and o’s guys to call out what they did well. 

That's because the bad plays ends up looking this:

https://www.colts.com/video/highlight-jacoby-brissett-finds-t-y-hilton-for-second-touchdown-toss-of-game

8 hours ago, gazoo said:

Yeah, there’s an awful lot of insanity and whining going on that’s lacks objectivity and critical thinking. Just screaming, banging spoon on high chair, slinging baby food all over the floor.

You are right, these people are giving the players who are making presnap mistakes, encroachment, getting dumb penalties, personal fouls......at what point is a veteran who is being paid big money responsible for what is clearly his own mistake? 

Well that's where Quinn comes in and drills it into his players heads to stop making mental errors. 5 years in and we are STILL a heavily penalized, mistake prone team. Quinn has little time left to get it fixed.

8 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Thank God we're not 0-3. That's why we need to stop changing coaches and coordinators as much as possible. I'm sure Quinn changed things up from Manuel and Koetter and the most offensive players has to get familiar with each other. I say let Koetter stay here the next 5 years of Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. Matt Ryan has got to be sick of changing coordinators. Dan Quinn is as good as any other head coach not named Bill Bellicheck. 

This is where I’m at. I love our coaching staff.

but it’s been 3 games.

You are correct, DQ has modified the defense, there are a lot of new looks and alignments I never saw last year. We have a bunch of guys back from being on IR year before, we have a bunch of new players like Bailey, Davison, Kazee is playing a different position, w elect a starting CB go, we have a new starter in Oliver at CB.

Its been 3 games.

New DC, new OC, Mularkey, Keotter, a bunch of new OL. 

Its been 3 games.

People are out of their minds with apocalyptic predictions and demands to fire coaches. People are unhinged. 

Its been 3 games. 

Im super excited about this year, have no doubt we’ll be in playoffs. 

6 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think the Falcons will be a force to be reckoned with in 2020 but this will probably be a 2017 like season where we will be lucky to make the playoffs.

I think if NO loses a few games without Brees, that will make up for an extra loss or two we take while gelling and implementing everything new, I think we are right there in division hunt by mid season playing at a monumentally higher level. 

Without mistakes, penalties, miscues, blown coverages.....all correctable, we would have demolished all 3teams we’ve played so far. This is what many are missing. 

10 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Oliver improves vs the Colts. Good sign moving forward:

And this is why the whole undisciplined (regarding penalties) narrative is such BS.

When you have refs who selectively throw flags and let blatant fouls go for one team then there is really nothing you can do.

I mean that is not even borderline...that is strait up offensive pass interference and hands to the face.

19 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Remember, Hilton is playing on 1 good leg. So in other words, our 2nd year CB cant keep up with a WR with a bad leg. What will he do with the Aints WRs or Bucs WRs with 2 good legs?

Dude hurt himself scoring. You like to reframe things as if Hilton wasn’t able to run on this play.

Judges? Video evidence concludes that is a LIE!

Book this man! :tiphat:

I believe in Quinn. I’m not sure why. It’s a gut feeling. I’ve been very critical of him this past week. I actually think we are close to putting it together. 

For anybody that knows me, I don’t think I’ve ever said that after a 1-2 start. I’m not a blind homer. I hate predictions because I think they jinx us.

All of that being said, and I really have no idea why I’m saying this, but we are going to win the division and possibly the SB this season. 

48 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Remember, Hilton is playing on 1 good leg. So in other words, our 2nd year CB cant keep up with a WR with a bad leg. What will he do with the Aints WRs or Bucs WRs with 2 good legs?

2 TDs Week 1, 1 TD Week 2, 1 TD Week 3. Either he faces terrible DBs all the time, or he is just a really good player.

13 hours ago, octoslash said:

I've always (well mostly) been supportive of Quinn, but I'm weakening a bit.  I hate the sloppy and slack way we start games.  Not coming out fired up for a football game is just unnatural.  And I can't see that every other week without thinking it's a direct result from Flowery Branch.  

But I'm also not nearly ready to say he's a failure.  We're three games in and only a fool would say it's over.  Or maybe someone not even rudimental in simple mathematics.   It's 1-2, not 1-8. 

Give it time, and if the Falcon s**t hits the fan...then let 'er rip.  But it's too early to freak out now. 

Maybe not freak out, but definitely time for some serious introspection to find out why this team is consistently up and down.