Who still believes Dan Quinn is going to get this defense playing some good ball?

Falcons Fan MVP

If there is one thing I've noticed about the Falcons under Dan Quinn is on a good day they can beat an undefeated Carolina team, destroy a red hot Packer team on a long win streak, shutdown the Rams offense etc, but on a bad day lose to a team like the Dolphins or play like they did week 1. 

The Falcons defense usually plays it's best as the year goes on. Even in 2016 they played very well at the end of the year. I already know Gazoo expects the D to start balling by mid season. I expect them to start balling if they don't have anymore injuries. What do you guys think? Who still believes in Dan Quinn to right the ship?

8 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

His defenses without  Neal have been terrible.

He would need to adjust his scheme to account for not having Neal.  Will he? Can he?

In 2012 and 2016 by week 3 the teams had shown they might be special.

What this team has shown in 3 weeks is not good.

That is true. In 1998 the team was sloppy the first 3 games then they dropped a 50 burger on the Panthers. One positive is we played well in 2nd half at Colts. 

2 minutes ago, athell said:

I'm done making any kind of predictions or feeling any kind of way about the Atlanta Falcons.  Gonna just sit back and enjoy the ride the best I can.

This is what I’ve been doing since 28-3.  I didn’t like the Quinn hire from the jump.  I don’t expect anything and really haven’t since he’s been hired.  I get upset because his shortcomings are painfully obvious and truth be told he hasn’t come through on any of his promises.  

21 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

He would need to adjust his scheme to account for not having Neal.  Will he? Can he?

His defense with Neal hasnt been off the page.. Its as bad as it was last season.. Time for the excuses to come to a end

Just now, KRUNKuno said:

This is what I’ve been doing since 28-3.  I didn’t like the Quinn hire from the jump.  I don’t expect anything and really haven’t since he’s been hired.  I get upset because his shortcomings are painfully obvious and truth be told he hasn’t come through on any of his promises.  

I bought in a couple times on Quinn, but yea...this dominant defense that I have been waiting for?  I'm just not going to hold my breathe anymore.  Still root for 'em, still my team, but I have no idea who is going to show up and who isn't on a weekly basis so /shrug

14 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I didn't either. I ALWAYS said that Seattle defense was Gus Bradley's baby. Quinn just inherited a talented defense and all he had to do was make sure the wheels didn't fall off. Now here in ATL........................

This is what we have...

DanQuinn.jpg

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

This year reminds me of 2017 except this time we’re losing the ugly, uninspiring games instead of winning them.  I kind of miss those days of everyone complaining about how bad our wins looked...  at least they were Ws on the board.