Schwarzwald

A look back at the play that sealed the game vs IND

42 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

The first sign it was man was when the wr’s switched and their man followed them. Rico read run so he was supposed watch Brissett. Once he noticed Brissett pulled the ball he dashed over to the TE but the pick was set 

I thought it was man. But like peyton said we dont know if there was a check or not. That's more what I meant when I said the playcall.

Schwarzwald likes this

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

That’s obviously on Allen. 

It’s not on Rico. It’s an RPO. All the reads were correct. Who’s fault was it on the eagles defense on the screen? Nobody’s. It was the right playCALL against cover 0. This was the right playcall against cover 1. It’s not always a player at fault when a play success. Sometimes it’s nuat getting caught in the wrong defense against the play call. In this case they probably should’ve been zone. You can tell they got what they wanted when the wr’s switched and their man followed. Just like when Matt saw cover 0. He changed the play to the screen to heat cover 0. Not always on a player. 

Schwarzwald, falconsd56 and JDaveG like this

24 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It’s not on Rico. It’s an RPO. All the reads were correct. Who’s fault was it on the eagles defense on the screen? Nobody’s. It was the right playCALL against cover 0. This was the right playcall against cover 1. It’s not always a player at fault when a play success. Sometimes it’s nuat getting caught in the wrong defense against the play call. In this case they probably should’ve been zone. You can tell they got what they wanted when the wr’s switched and their man followed. Just like when Matt saw cover 0. He changed the play to the screen to heat cover 0. Not always on a player. 

Come on....you know someone has to be blamed

TheFatboi likes this

57 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Based on the presnap movement, Ish had him one on one. It’s on him. Got caught peeking which is what you can’t do in man.

I really wanted to blame Kazee on that one. I felt he should’ve had the instincts to peel off and catch that TE since there were a ton of Falcons covering the middle of the field. Hindsight 20-20 but I feel like whatever was called? Just “break” the play and go find that dude.

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

So it’s on Dan Quinn then :shrug:  No excuse for not having every receiver covered.

I still believe it’s on Allen.  He’s reading while everybody else is attacking.  If he just attacks then maybe Brissett doesn’t get the pass off.  Commit.  

Even the eagles had a man for every receiving threat on the field.  We added more blockers by having Matthews come out to spring Julio free. That’s why our play was so successful.  Against the colts there’s clearly a blown assignment somewhere.  

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Come on....you know someone has to be blamed

Lol. Of course they wanna blame somebody naturally. If they wanna blame somebody blame the playcall. Cause that play was the perfect call against cover 1. Who do the eagles blame for the Julio play? The corners? The safety? No. Blame the call. That play was the perfect call against cover 0. That play against us wasn’t a busted play. 

51 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

So it’s on Dan Quinn then :shrug:  No excuse for not having every receiver covered.

I still believe it’s on Allen.  He’s reading while everybody else is attacking.  If he just attacks then maybe Brissett doesn’t get the pass off.  Commit.  

Even the eagles had a man for every receiving threat on the field.  We added more blockers by having Matthews come out to spring Julio free. That’s why our play was so successful.  Against the colts there’s clearly a blown assignment somewhere.  

It’s man and cover 0. Kazee was caught napping. 

6 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

win or lose I love this guys twitter feed! :tiphat:

now, who blew their assignment on this play? :ninja:

Wasnt such a great play, Allen just didnt have a clue to his assignment.. And usually Allen is pretty good, but he was totally lost on this one

This goes back to what I was saying during the in-game thread. Reich is a brilliant play caller. He coaches in a way that simplifies the game for players. As a former QB, he understands better than most how easily people get confused/overly excited during games. So, he's built systems that reduce responsibility. And we've seen since he was with Philly that his scheme matches up particularly well against Quinn's.

Quinn soft let the play come to you defense was the issue. 3rd and 4 No reason not to jam the WR after the snap. You have to make the play inside that 5 yard zone where they can jam them or the games over anyway. The Falcons always play like that allowing the other team to run routs uncontested. 

Rico just stands his ground with inside help but he lets the WR going outside just run free for a good 5 yards.  Who is he even covering. Looks like mister green to me. No way he does not see the player standing next to him at the snap. So when Rico sees the player running free to his left he just stands in his spot. I have this turf covered. 

The defense is very undisciplined. They look so lost.

Edited by high impact