Schwarzwald

A look back at the play that sealed the game vs IND

42 posts in this topic

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Eh, depending on the coverage or defensive call; someone should be responsible.

Maybe we can get this answered by other guys like @TheFatboior @PeytonMannings Forehead?

It definitely wasn’t on Rico. It was a dink and dunk game so that’s on individuals to come up and make tackles immediately. Heck Rico saved a couple big plays from missed tackles. He was back to cleanup duty last Sunday. Me personally I think it was a soft game plan giving them too much cushion. I said it was one thing quinn May have been worried about but I think it may have been 2. Brissett taking off if we played more man and/or Hilton’s speed. I feel like those are the reasons we went zone heavy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

It definitely wasn’t on Rico. It was a dink and dunk game so that’s on individuals to come up and make tackles immediately. Heck Rico saved a couple big plays from missed tackles. He was back to cleanup duty last Sunday. Me personally I think it was a soft game plan giving them too much cushion. I said it was one thing quinn May have been worried about but I think it may have been 2. Brissett taking off if we played more man and/or Hilton’s speed. I feel like those are the reasons we went zone heavy. 

he was asking on the play where the TE Was wide open. 

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

It seems like right before the snap Rico considered blitzing but the hard play action fake got him looking in.  Initially to me it seemed like Rico had coverage responsibility

Rico read run. Which he wasn’t wrong but since it was an RPO the qb pulled it and being in man the puck slowed Rico from getting to the wr. A great play call. Nobody is really at fault there. It couldn’t have been executed any better. The only thing I can say is they probably should’ve been zone instead of man.  This is what I’ve been saying since Sunday. They had simple but effective plays that caught us with our pants down. RPO’s, bunch formations, tight formations. Good day for them. Bad day for us. They got the look that wanted on that play just like we got the look we wanted on the last play against the eagles. This is the chess match I speak of all the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was definitely a great play, but the fact that our players were completely out of position to even try and counter it was disappointing to say the least. The threat of the run is there of course, but their TEs have been killing us all game and none of them really thought they’d at least attempt to go to their TE again. 

blkbigdog35 and Schwarzwald like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Rico read run. Which he wasn’t wrong but since it was an RPO the qb pulled it and being in man the puck slowed Rico from getting to the wr. A great play call. Nobody is really at fault there. It couldn’t have been executed any better. The only thing I can say is they probably should’ve been zone instead of man. 

No doubt man Rico played it the best way he could and it’s definitely a learning experience!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NWFALCON said:

Yeah in the original post. It appears you answered the question. Thanks man 

Ok yea I thought it was that play. Yea it was an RPO again you man coverage with a pick. Almost the same way we beat the eagles except it was a screen. Rico read run so closed down to get adjusted. The qb read Rico so he’s gonna pull it instead of give it. Rico reads the give. Sees the pull and goes after the TE and runs into a pick. That’s just a helluva play call. It’s nobody’s fault just like it was none of the Philly players fault on the screen. The playCALL was the culprit. We probably should’ve been zone in that situation but it was an RPO so tough call. D@mn good play call. 

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Without the playcall we can't know.

You can see the play call lil bro. It’s man to man. Cover 1. Rico has the TE. He reads run so he gets in better position but it’s an RPO. Brissett pulls it, Rico runs into the pick 1st down. No player is at fault. They did their assignments. The play call more than likely should’ve been zone. It’s the same as Matt getting man cover 0 against the eagles. Not one eagle player blew their assignment. It was just the right playcall against cover 0. In this situation it was the right call against cover 1. It’s not a hard game lil bro. You can see what the call is when they motioned. That’s on purpose to see if it’s zone or man. They got man so that tells me they got what they wanted. And being that it’s an RPO you can suck the safety in just enough to run him into the pick. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

You can see the play call lil bro. It’s man to man. Cover 1. Rico has the TE. He reads run so he gets in better position but it’s an RPO. Brissett pulls it, Rico runs into the pick 1st down. No player is at fault. They did their assignments. The play call more than likely should’ve been zone. It’s the same as Matt getting man cover 0 against the eagles. Not one eagle player blew their assignment. It was just the right playcall against cover 0. In this situation it was the right call against cover 1. 

I thought it was man but wasn't 100% I could watch it very easily being at work.

Rico kept his eyes in the backfield even after brissett pulls it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I thought it was man but wasn't 100% I could watch it very easily being at work.

Rico kept his eyes in the backfield even after brissett pulls it.

The first sign it was man was when the wr’s switched and their man followed them. Rico read run so he was supposed watch Brissett. Once he noticed Brissett pulled the ball he dashed over to the TE but the pick was set 

Ovie_Lover and Schwarzwald like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Now if f there was a check made after the motion and Rico spun down to take him then I take that back. But it looks like Ish to me.

Things like this is why its hard to gauge who's at fault. PFF will punish one of them for this and we won't know if they're right but people will praise them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now