egoprime II

The Clock Kept Running!

25 posts in this topic

4th qtr, Hooper catches the ball along the sideline, eventually ran out of bounds.

The clock kept running.  The time was around eight minutes left in, I believe, the 4th qtr.

On top of the BS penalties on Allen and Neal....among others.....  I'm at the point where the Falcons need to simply pull the team off the field and tell the refs, right then and there.... "Reverse the call or we walk."

Because it looks to me like simply 'appealing to the league' has been the response to this kind of crap for years... and it doesn't work.  

Its time to do so something radical that will let the league know the Falcons and their fans won't put up with this lopsided crap any more.

A team leaving the field because of bad officiating will get the negative press the NFL hates.... and Goodell would be impelled to fix this crap.

JDaveG, gazoo, The Daywalker and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, egoprime II said:

4th qtr, Hooper catches the ball along the sideline, eventually ran out of bounds.

The clock kept running.  The time was around eight minutes left in, I believe, the 4th qtr.

On top of the BS penalties on Allen and Neal....among others.....  I'm at the point where the Falcons need to simply pull the team off the field and tell the refs, right then and there.... "Reverse the call or we walk."

Because it looks to me like simply 'appealing to the league' has been the response to this kind of crap for years... and it doesn't work.  

Its time to do so something radical that will let the league know the Falcons and their fans won't put up with this lopsided crap any more.

A team leaving the field because of bad officiating will get the negative press the NFL hates.... and Goodell would be impelled to fix this crap.

It also gets your team a loss.

Saints fans already tried to sue...that fail in a spectacularly laughable fashion......which is to be expected because well they are terrible.

The falcons walking out won't due anything

2 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Yes, lets be like the Saints and they can make a rule for us.

Hey it worked for them, we might as well try lol. 

On a serious note though, yesterday was absolutely ridiculous. The colts were committing a lot of the same fouls we were and just not getting called for it. I really can’t stand it anymore.

Edited by Drew4719
NeonDeion likes this

5 minutes ago, jeffro2000 said:

The clock stops when you go out of bounds but restarts once the ball is spotted unless in the last 2 minutes of 1st half and last 5 minutes in 2nd half 

It actually restarts right away

"With the exception of the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half, the game clock will be restarted following a kickoff return, a player going out of bounds on a play from scrimmage, or after declined penalties when appropriate on the referee’s signal."

this is in place so NFL games don't last 5 ******* hours

Yea because pulling a team off the field & making demands is what a HC of a NFL team would or should do . This isn’t radical it’s stupidity & unrealistic . Do this at your job when you’re upset . 

This is why America is a laughing stock . Lol . :lol::lol: Thank god we have the greatest military though, if not we would have been over ran around 2014 or so when everybody became over emotional & stopped thinking . 

30 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

Worst officiating game i've seen in a long time.

And was that head ref Trans or what? Wierd lookin'....

Let’s face it, it could have been wonderful.

2 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Let’s face it, it could have been wonderful.

Lol wut? I just hope we don't see that ref crew again this season.

7 minutes ago, athell said:

How bout instead they do something radical and not suck at football for an entire half?

Exactly . You’re smart . Very . 

athell likes this

I think a nice statement move would be for maybe at the end of the first play next week every Falcon on the field take their helmet off and throw it. They can't penalize you 11 times on the same play, right?

And let's face it, that display would be so huge, everyone would have to discuss and analyze the roots of it, which was one real sorry-*** decision by the NFL officials against Keanu Neal... not to mention it having a serious impact on the outcome of that game.

NeonDeion and Bigbenright like this

17 minutes ago, athell said:

How bout instead they do something radical and not suck at football for an entire half?

Agree, a 1-2 team isnt gonna get alot of respect out of any refs.. We may as well had walked off the field the entire first half yesterday.. Im sure even the refs were disappointed in us

9 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I think a nice statement move would be for maybe at the end of the first play next week every Falcon on the field take their helmet off and throw it. They can't penalize you 11 times on the same play, right?

And let's face it, that display would be so huge, everyone would have to discuss and analyze the roots of it, which was one real sorry-*** decision by the NFL officials against Keanu Neal... not to mention it having a serious impact on the outcome of that game.

Look, when the ref threw the flag he had no idea what was going on with Neal.. I blame Quinn for not showing his a$s about that call.. If Quinn stands up for his player and the ref realizes whats happening i truly believe he may pick up the flag.. But for Quinn to just go back to his play card and not protest the call, what was the ref to do?? I believe the ref even anticipated Quinn saying something, idk

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Look, when the ref threw the flag he had no idea what was going on with Neal.. I blame Quinn for not showing his a$s about that call.. If Quinn stands up for his player and the ref realizes whats happening i truly believe he may pick up the flag.. But for Quinn to just go back to his play card and not protest the call, what was the ref to do?? I believe the ref even anticipated Quinn saying something, idk

I know, I'm just f****** mad.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

The real key is to get the local press to start noticing things.  I think several local stations, papers, websites are mentioning the Keanu Neal penalty and how ridiculous it was.

If the national press picks up on it, the NFL will definitely dislike the negative attention.

NeonDeion and mountain_jim3 like this

1 hour ago, jeffro2000 said:

The clock stops when you go out of bounds but restarts once the ball is spotted unless in the last 2 minutes of 1st half and last 5 minutes in 2nd half 

**** beat me to it

29 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

Lol wut? I just hope we don't see that ref crew again this season.

Trainspotting. The movie. Never mind. Lol. 

As others have stated, your interpretation of the rule is amiss. This should help clarify any questions you should have...

Rule 4, Section 3, Article 2

ARTICLE 2. SCRIMMAGE DOWN

Following any timeout (3-37-1), the game clock shall be started on a scrimmage down when the ball is next snapped, except in the following situations:

• Whenever a runner goes out of bounds on a play from scrimmage, the game clock is started when an official spots the ball at the inbounds spot, and the Referee gives the signal to start the game clock, except that the clock will start on the snap: 
  1. after a change of possession; 
  2. after the two-minute warning of the first half;
  3. or inside the last five minutes of the second half.

And for clarification, the use of the word “timeout” above is defined as “any interval during which the Game Clock is stopped”. Not solely referring to the 3 team timeouts each team is afforded.