Roanoke Falcon

Why Dan Quinn And Staff Need To Be FIRED.

33 posts in this topic

Dan Quinn uses slogans, coach-speak, and sound bites to cover up the fact that he is actually an ineffective coach.

• The chronic and egregious lack of preparedness.
  • The head-scratching game management. Not over-riding Shanahan and demanding a running play and a FG cost us the Super Bowl.
  • The cowardice of sacking all of his coordinators (who HE hired) as scapegoats to save his own job.
  • The failure of the defense to grow, evolve, and improve despite using HIS scheme and the players HE wanted.
  • His team's horrendous lack of discipline, season after season.
  • His inability to make in-game adjustments.

Dan Quinn is all about SOUNDING like a winner. But actually BEING a winner? Not so much.

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Quinn is still 3-2 in the playoffs and has been in the super bowl 3 times in this decade. Not saying he shouldn’t be on the hot seat. But he’s definitely not a loser either 

2 of those Super Bowls, he was a figurehead under Pete Carrol. There is literally NO--- ZERO--- basis of comparison between Quinn's Atlanta defenses and Pete Carrol's defenses in Seattle.

GhostofGritz, datboilando and sdogg like this

He was the HOT pick at the time we needed a headcoach. He's worked in some pretty amazing coaching trees, and he seems to be a good evaluator of young talent. 

Now, does that make him head coach material...not necessarily. But I firmly believe he should have never taken the DC job, he's set himself up for failure and might eventually lead to his downfall. He should have thought twice about that.

If you want it happen so bad, do something about it. Tennessee fans got Schiano gone before he coached there. There are ways. 

23 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

2 of those Super Bowls, he was a figurehead under Pete Carrol. There is literally NO--- ZERO--- basis of comparison between Quinn's Atlanta defenses and Pete Carrol's defenses in Seattle.

Helps when you have 4 HOF’s on your defense 

I’ll give you one better than that .. 28-3 & yall who credit him for anything he did in Seattle aren’t thinking whatsoever & really just reaching to give him credit for something.  Who couldn’t field a great defense with Bennett, Avril, Membane, Red Bryant, Wright, Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, Wagner, Chris Clemons & a young Bruce Irvin ?

Those were only the studs listed but the depth was ridiculous from 2012-15 . 

2 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Dan Quinn uses slogans, coach-speak, and sound bites to cover up the fact that he is actually an ineffective coach.

• The chronic and egregious lack of preparedness.
  • The head-scratching game management. Not over-riding Shanahan and demanding a running play and a FG cost us the Super Bowl.
  • The cowardice of sacking all of his coordinators (who HE hired) as scapegoats to save his own job.
  • The failure of the defense to grow, evolve, and improve despite using HIS scheme and the players HE wanted.
  • His team's horrendous lack of discipline, season after season.
  • His inability to make in-game adjustments.

Dan Quinn is all about SOUNDING like a winner. But actually BEING a winner? Not so much.

I absolutely hate everything about the defense. They can’t tackle. I hate the soft zone philosophy. Let’s play back and let them catch it. I hate the lack of pressure. I hate small athletic guys. It just doesn’t work. 

sdogg and NCFalconfan like this