Just got back from Indy

RichardCNile

just wanted to pass along a few observations.

The first penalty set the tone for the game.  The pass to Ty for about 20 yards.  He was wide open and he caught it, turned upfield, took a step or two and Rico came up and lit him up.   Flag.  Illegal hit on defenseless receiver.   It was a BS call.  Solid football play.  But that’s where it started and it continued on and on and on.  The colts fan next to me even commented in the fourth quarter, “I’m not unhappy about these calls, but I’d rather see my colts beat you guys.”   

The defense or or at least some on the defense seemed listless and a step slow.  

On offense and sometimes defense, the substitutions seemed chaotic.  Guys running on, then off, then back on the field at the last minute and trying to get lined up for the play.  One example was the play where MR2 ran a keeper around right tackle.   Not in our playbook.  Busted play, maybe wrong personnel.  

Mostly Matt had time to throw, but still seemed nervous and quick to check down.   Not a deep shot all day, but they were playing 2 deep all game.   

New OC, new struggles.  

I have t watch the recorded game yet, but I’m sure we had legit penalties, but the refs were definitely calling things pro colts.  There were 2 1sr dozens they got that should not have been 1st downs.  They were not that close, but they spotted the ball close, then just called it and  moved the sticks.  

I know we played pooly, but not sure if we would have been allowed by the NFL to win that game.  

My $0.02

Edited by RichardCNile

2 minutes ago, RichardCNile said:

just wanted to pass along a few observations.

The first penalty set the tone for the game.  The pass to Ty for about 20 yards.  He was wide open and he caught it, turned upfield, took a step or two and Rico came up and lit him up.   Flag.  Illegal hit on defenseless receiver.   It was a BS call.  Solid football play.  But that’s where it started and it continued on and on and on.  The colts fan next to me even commented in the fourth quarter, “I’m not unhappy about these calls, but I’d rather see my colts beat you guys.”   

The defense or or at least some on the defense seemed listless and a step slow.  

On offense and sometimes defense, the substitutions seemed chaotic.  Guys running on, then off, then back on the field at the last minute and trying to get lined up for the play.  One example was the play where MR2 ran a keeper around right tackle.   Not in our playbook.  Busted play, maybe wrong personnel.  

Mostly Matt had time to throw, but still seemed nervous and quick to check down.   Not a deep shot all day, but they were playing 2 deep all game.   

New OC, new struggles.  

I have t watch the recorded game yet, but I’m sure we had legit penalties, but the refs were defiantly calling things pro colts.  There were 2 1sr dozens they got that should not have been 1st downs.  They were not that close, but they spotted the ball close, then just called it and  moved the sticks.  

I know we played pooly, but not sure if we would have been allowed by the NFL to win that game.  

My $0.02

Playing Pooly is an understatement...lol

I too got back from Indy about an hour ago. Like you said, that penalty pretty much set the tone. 

Indy is a pretty cool city and their fans were super nice. You can definitely tell that Lucas Oil is smaller than the Benz. Nice gameday atmosphere overall. They definitely play a lot more rock in the stadium whereas in Atlanta it’s mostly rap/hip-hop. Not complaining (I like both styles), just making an observation. 9BD3CCD3-7BDD-46B2-9900-E882A048212F.thumb.jpeg.012a22c9b0c9a563e13b4163316261ec.jpeg

22 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

The auto 1st downs for them and the challenge against ours...did you see the see the stick guy bending it back trying to NOT make it a first down? Sheesh. I've seen some BS but it was obvious Indy was coming away with that game from the first drive.

That was a **** spot to begin with lol. They were spotting them half yards and squeezing three to four inches from our spots consistently. Don't remember ever seeing something like that so consistently one-sided with the spots. 

18 hours ago, E. T. said:

Hope you at least had somewhat of a good time up there brother.

Thanks, I did.  

We went by the Bad Axe place and threw some axes.  https://badaxethrowing.com/

Heard some live blues at the Slippery Noodle Inn.  http://www.slipperynoodle.com/

Went to get a midnight snack at the Steak and Shake and just as we were about a block from it, this happened.  https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/crime/gunfire-injures-6-people-in-downtown-indianapolis