Alright I have to say it..... Freeman has to go next year!

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Freeman was awesome for a while. Freeman is also why you do NOT give ANY running back a long contract extension. Draft another mid-rounder, save some money, move on down the line.

I concur, but after his best game in 2 years gotta question the timing of the thread 

I can’t believe how much hate the offense is getting after that defensive performance yesterday 

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

We aren’t paying Freeman $6.25mm for what we have been getting.   Freeman has to STILL BE a special back - and he hasn’t been that in over two years.

It doesn’t even matter who replaces him - he will be replaced.  In the NFL, once you can be cut and receive cap savings,  you will be if the NFL team needs the cap space and your play doesn’t justify your pay.

See below. Plus this is like the 3-4 post directed at me on free, even after the one last week made you look pretty silly. I wondering why the freeman obsession just 3 games into season? 

3 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Defense gives up a 140 QB rating to a backup QB, forces 1 punt and no turnovers. And fans are like "Freeman's gotta go bro..."

Not to mention the fact he grinded out nearly 90 yards running the ball Sunday. WTF do they want? Like @TheFatboi said, free would have had 130+ yards if team hadn’t fallen behind and having to go mostly passing game.

SMH. I’ve never understood this fan mentality of turning on players once they got paid.

19 hours ago, caponine said:

Unless Freeman bounces back in a big way then idk what happens to him. They faced one of the worst run defenses in the nfl and the running game struggled to even get 90 yards. He looks hesitant and slow. 

On a side note,   alot of people bashed Coleman for doing the same thing. But this board is quiet on Freeman

I said that it was an impossibility but something worth watching. Freeman for Melvin Gordon. I said a few weeks ago that this wouldn't surprise me. 

Nobody is going to give a box of rocks for Freeman.  Salary too much, and he is only a serviceable back at this point.  He's average...

5 hours ago, Vandy said:

Done.

So who you got taking freeman’s space? Ito Smith has bigger injury issues than healthy freeman does now. Team doesn’t even trust Hill/Ollie enough to put them on active roster. Or some 2020 rookie?

Meh.

Only way this happens is free breaks down or Quinn gets fired and they blow team up. 

It’s a real possibility Free is gone next year if the OL proves anyone can run behind it but it’ll be primarily due to cap rather than injuries.

Regardless, he only has a few years left here.

But, I’m gonna enjoy the ride this year if what we saw this past week continues. Same as Sanu, if we find a way to keep these guys with cap getting tight great!

20 hours ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

Okay I get it Freeman had a "good" game last week, but it could have been better, There were multiple big holes to run through but Freeman either didn't see it, indecisive, or too slow to hit it. What really pushed me into the we need a new RB group was a run to the left side of the field. I can't remember who it was but I think it was Hardy, he had his man pinned to the inside and I for sure thought Free would hit the outside and get 15+ yards, but nope he cuts back in for some reason gains no yards because Hardy had to let his man go. Old Freeman would have hit the outside and been gone, Coleman would have busted a 30+ yard play, and any RB with his head on should have taken the outside. I think Freeman best days are past him and we need a burner with vision next year.

Flame away if you must but this is my 2 cents.

If you don't  want him trade him to the colts. We'd be glad to have a Freeman Mack combo. There some good backs coming out next year so you could wait til then to get rid of him.

Just now, Rpgczar7 said:

No it isn't.  The colts had similar  issues  when they started  1-5 last year. There is still time to right the ship.

Look at this team and the current coaching staff and try and say with a straight face we can be contenders this year. Ridiculous, that team Sunday is the Falcons and they are even worse now without Neal

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

See below. Plus this is like the 3-4 post directed at me on free, even after the one last week made you look pretty silly. I wondering why the freeman obsession just 3 games into season? 

Not to mention the fact he grinded out nearly 90 yards running the ball Sunday. WTF do they want? Like @TheFatboi said, free would have had 130+ yards if team hadn’t fallen behind and having to go mostly passing game.

SMH. I’ve never understood this fan mentality of turning on players once they got paid.

What exactly do you think made me look silly?   That I thought the cap savings was a little less by cutting him next year?   That just bolsters the reason to cut him.