FalconsFanSince194eva

Alright I have to say it..... Freeman has to go next year!

359 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, caponine said:

If you're going to indirectly talk about me then do it directly instead of sub commenting 

I've done it several times, buddy.  I don't care to do it again especially when everyone sees it but you.  When I think enough of you to quote or mention you, don't worry, I'll do it ;)

Vandy likes this

2 hours ago, athell said:

You are speaking nothing but truth on this topic, my friend.  I swear some of these "fans" are closet Saints fans the way they hate on their own players.  And just lol at the "who me?!" act regarding Tevin.

Well, we know at lest one’s a closet 49er’s fan....

LOL my friend...,it’s More about having some fun watching them flip and flop (which is why I call them flappers), after calling them all out on it after freeman’s good game. See Roanoke and Cappy above, both of their azzes are flapping in the wind not knowing how to respond to my posts except by regurgitating more nonsense. 

Bottom line...None of their responses are intelligent enough to deserve a response, except for the entertainment value. 

athell likes this

Just now, Vandy said:

LOL my friend...,it’s More about having some fun watching them flip and flop (which is why I call them flappers), after calling them all out on it after freeman’s good game. See Roanoke and Cappy above, both of their azzes are flapping in the wind.

Bottom line...None of their responses are intelligent enough to deserve a response, except for the entertainment value. 

Facts

Vandy likes this

3 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Don't worry about her. She's clearly hysterically emotional, blind to dispassionate logic, and thus completely dismissable. Just talk football.

Hysterical, emotional , blind logic, dismissible? Where the heck are you gathering any of that from his post, do you even grasp what those words mean? Just more bull-**** flapping on your part using words you don’t even understand.

Athell’s one of better posters in TAFT, and had no dog in this hunt.

do you get anything right? 

athell likes this

Don't worry about her. She's clearly hysterically emotional, blind to dispassionate logic, and thus completely dismissable. Just talk football.

:lol:

3 hours ago, athell said:

I've done it several times, buddy.  I don't care to do it again especially when everyone sees it but you.  When I think enough of you to quote or mention you, don't worry, I'll do it ;)

funny when you say “ when i think enough of you” when you cant even directly come at me. Smh lol who sees it ?? ok fair but everyone may see it but everyone also sees right through you. 

Edited by caponine

4 minutes ago, caponine said:

funny when you say “ when i think enough of you” when you cant even directly come at me. Smh lol who sees it ?? ok fair but everyone may see it but everyone also sees right through you. 

The amount of info going over your head here is impressive.  I like you cappy, I actually really do, but you cannot speak intelligently about Freeman because you are still up in your feelings over Coleman.  Several people have called you on this and yet you still play dumb.  I don't play games so there is nothing to see through with me.  What you see is what you get with me.  Can't say the same with you, specifically on this subject.

All I'm saying to you because we been down this road before, several times, and I'm not interested.  Have a good day.

Vandy likes this

32 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Hysterical, emotional , blind logic, dismissible? Where the heck are you gathering any of that from his post, do you even grasp what those words mean? Just more bull-**** flapping on your part using words you don’t even understand.

Athell’s one of better posters in TAFT, and had no dog in this hunt.

do you get anything right? 

LOL, ok i gotta admit this is funny. Congrats, 

4 hours ago, athell said:

You are speaking nothing but truth on this topic, my friend.  I swear some of these "fans" are closet Saints fans the way they hate on their own players.  And just lol at the "who me?!" act regarding Tevin.

I really ruffled your feathers!

If you weren't blinded by your rabid apoplectic frenzied rush to defend Freeman like some mother hen defending her last sickly chick, you would see that I DID say that he had a pretty good game. But that the fact his best game was just "pretty good" is a problem. It was by no means and no measure a great, a fantastic, a breakout game. It was just that: pretty good. I also never said he was the reason we lost. I have very clearly laid that at the feet of our incompetent head coach.

My problem with Freeman is NOT just his performance in the Indy game (which was, as I said, pretty good). But even in his best game in years (due to injury--- more on that later), he did not exhibit the tackle-breaking power, elusiveness, and authority he had prior to injuries. Not that he's bad: just perhaps slightly above the curve back, rather than the ground-and-air weapon he had been.

My problem, as I have clearly stated in other threads, is that you NEVER give ANY running back in today's NFL a big second contract. The position is too prone to injury, to prone to early physical decline, too susceptible to wear and tear, and too easily replaceable by a mid-to-late round draft pick to ever justify a big second contract or a big free agent signing. Ito is a perfect example; he is currently as effective, if not marginally more so, than Freeman is. But is far cheaper. And in a couple of years, we can spend a 5th-7th round pick to get HIS replacement.

I believe we should have drafted and developed a truly credible backup to Matt Ryan a few years ago. Why? I am certainly not an anti-Ryan guy. I have tussled with the likes of Swift and FFS70 defending him many times in the past. Not because I am a fan of Matt Ryan; because I am a fan of winning Falcon football, and Matt Ryan was (and still is) the second best quarterback we have ever had. Because Matt Ryan gave--- and gives--- us the best chance to win. So why spend valuable draft capital on a backup quarterback that we hope never plays?

Quarterbacks get hurt at an alarming rate. We are very lucky that Matt Ryan has been so durable behind the awful lines he has played behind.

Because an effective "hot/trendy" backup can fetch more draft capital than was spent acquiring him.

Because if we had a viable, in-house developed alternative to Matt Ryan, we could have had a realistic alternative to paying Matt Ryan $30 million+/year.

Remember: my loyalty is to the team. The last player I was emotionally invested in was William Andrews. I really and truly haven't cared about a single PERSON on this roster since the day William Andrews went down. I care only about players. I care about effective commodities. Nothing more. The moment a player becomes a liability, be it due to age, injury, declining skills, even a change in system that renders them obsolete: at that moment, I am done with them and I am looking to move on.

In my opinion, Freeman (nor any running back) should never have been signed to a big contract. But in the here-and-now, I believe that injury has eroded his capabilities enough that younger, cheaper backs can do the job just about as well as he can.

So lay off the PMS-attacks. None of this is (or should be) personal. It's just football business. You are clearly too invested in players as individuals to have anything resembling a valid opinion, so stop, calm down, wipe the spray of spittle from your monitor, wash the tears from your eyes, take a deep breath, and look at what I said, and at Freeman's last performance. Without looking at it through a jaundiced lens, you will see that he was pretty good. Reasonably effective. But NOT the dominating, driving force he had been, NOR a washed up has-been.

BTW, what is your obsession with a 1920's dance craze? I'm curious why you keep calling people "flappers"?

giphy.gif

Very nice post. It's sad that because you have an opinion that is contrary to some of these apologists, that they start calling you names.  Like that somehow discredits your opinion. #GrowUp

caponine likes this

2 minutes ago, athell said:

The amount of info going over your head here is impressive.  I like you cappy, I actually really do, but you cannot speak intelligently about Freeman because you are still up in your feelings over Coleman.  Several people have called you on this and yet you still play dumb.  I don't play games so there is nothing to see through with me.  What you see is what you get with me.  Can't say the same with you, specifically on this subject.

All I'm saying to you because we been down this road before, several times, and I'm not interested.  Have a good day.

but people have called you out too though ?? as recently as today. I respect you but i respected you alot before. You were a top 5 poster on here but you just cant take freeman criticism at all. I already said the reason yesterday , everybody here that bashed coleman last year are hypocrites. Freeman is doing the exact same things, slow to hole, missing lanes and running to the back of lineman but instead of getting blame its always excuses with Freeman. Theres a group of you that think just because you say something its right. Yall act like yall know everything. Some people here have tension with you and others that do the same thing  

athell likes this

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Well, we know at lest one’s a closet 49er’s fan....

LOL my friend...,it’s More about having some fun watching them flip and flop (which is why I call them flappers), after calling them all out on it after freeman’s good game. See Roanoke and Cappy above, both of their azzes are flapping in the wind not knowing how to respond to my posts except by regurgitating more nonsense. 

It's funny that you called out the "flappers".  Quite childish IMHO.  The fact is did you call out these so called "flappers" after Freeman didn't produce in the first 2 games. #That'sWhatIThought

Dont post often because it’s always civil war punk status...dude that created thread is a Coleman fan boyy just hating bottom line

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

but people have called you out too though ?? as recently as today. I respect you but i respected you alot before. You were a top 5 poster on here but you just cant take freeman criticism at all. I already said the reason yesterday , everybody here that bashed coleman last year are hypocrites. Freeman is doing the exact same things, slow to hole, missing lanes and running to the back of lineman but instead of getting blame its always excuses with Freeman. Theres a group of you that think just because you say something its right. Yall act like yall know everything. Some people here have tension with you and others that do the same thing  

No tension at all...at least from my perspective.

Also if you want to have subjective discussions that's cool.  I am not some Freeman defender.  I love his style, I love what he brings, but I'm not 100% that 2016 Freeman will ever return.  That's valid.  But to Vandy's point, there is a line between being constructive with criticism and blindly hating on a player for alternative agendas. 

Fact is none of us know everything, even some of the smartest brains on here like PMF will admit there is always more to learn.  The issue with this topic, and these boards, is when poster a brings up something good player y does, poster b has to trash player y because he prefers player x.  It's silly.

Vandy likes this

Just now, caponine said:

p.s @athell i still respect you and can still have a good convo with you on almost on any other falcon football topic  

For sure man.

3 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

It's funny that you called out the "flappers".  Quite childish IMHO.  The fact is did you call out these so called "flappers" after Freeman didn't produce in the first 2 games. #That'sWhatIThought

he always does that smh , i cant take him serious anymore. He doesnt seem to understand the point people are trying to make on this thread and keeps misinterpreting and coming up with theee ridiculous theories 

4 minutes ago, athell said:

No tension at all...at least from my perspective.

Also if you want to have subjective discussions that's cool.  I am not some Freeman defender.  I love his style, I love what he brings, but I'm not 100% that 2016 Freeman will ever return.  That's valid.  But to Vandy's point, there is a line between being constructive with criticism and blindly hating on a player for alternative agendas. 

Fact is none of us know everything, even some of the smartest brains on here like PMF will admit there is always more to learn.  The issue with this topic, and these boards, is when poster a brings up something good player y does, poster b has to trash player y because he prefers player x.  It's silly.

but thats the thing most people are not blindly hating , can you really say that freeman has looked like himself to this point ? 

Edited by caponine

4 minutes ago, caponine said:

but thats the thing most people are not blindly hating , can you really say that freeman has looked like himself to this point ? 

No, but I also believe that is due to being off for almost 2 years and new oline/scheme and overall substandard offensive play.  I think Free @ Indy started looking like Freeman of old.  I think the arrow is up, which was pointed out as funny as to the timing of this thread.

Vandy likes this

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I do think it’s kinda sweet you two found each other though....:ninja:

who did you find ?? Freeman ??

6 hours ago, Vandy said:

Meh, there’s history there. G tagged me several times last week rubbing me about freeman’s Slow start to season because he knows we disagree on freeman. My only response has been he looks rusty, and I want to see how he does after he shakes that rust off, because he’s  looked physically fine. Many of us know overcoming injuries is as much mental as it is physical. 

So of course I rubbed him back after freeman had that breakout game. And G couldn’t handle it. 

Alright, I’ll stay out of it then.

I was busy defending Ryan on Twitter last night. So ya lol

Vandy likes this

5 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Alright, I’ll stay out of it then.

I was busy defending Ryan on Twitter last night. So ya lol

Defense lost Indy game, not Ryan or freeman. 

7 minutes ago, athell said:

No, but I also believe that is due to being off for almost 2 years and new oline/scheme and overall substandard offensive play.  I think Free @ Indy started looking like Freeman of old.  I think the arrow is up, which was pointed out as funny as to the timing of this thread.

It’s when you know who has the agendas, right after a guy has a great game. It’s just one game, so he does have to build off of that and keep it going. But he sure looked like the freeman of old to me. For anyone who is really a fan of this team, we should all hope I’m right about that. 

athell and Schwarzwald like this

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Defense lost Indy game, not Ryan or freeman. 

It’s when you know who has the agendas, right after a guy has a great game.

Sometimes I view it as people sticking with their first or most recent belief...

I'm of the opinion Free could be gone next year but I'm tired of playing cap projection tycoon...

Vandy and athell like this

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Sometimes I view it as people sticking with their first or most recent belief...

I'm of the opinion Free could be gone next year but I'm tired of playing cap projection tycoon...

Frankly, way too early in season for anyone to be navel-gazing over next year’s cap. But these type threads always bring out the worst....the ones who have agendas (not saying you are one of them). 

We see them all the time on Julio too.

athell likes this

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I just hope it’s not cognitive dissonance on Freeman. He has had a few nice runs and I really liked the shuttle pass he caught. I have seen him run into a crowd a lot. Possibly the blocking is sucking. If he remains healthy and in several games we will know exactly where he is. Rusty? I hope so!!!

Schwarzwald and Vandy like this