FalconsFanSince194eva

Alright I have to say it..... Freeman has to go next year!

359 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I apologize for that. The worst of me comes out when I see flappers like yourself posting stupid ****.

i called freeman out in our loss against Vikings, so take your “white- knight” nonsense and cram it. 

Falcons lost last week for a lot of reasons....mainly defense. Call out the bad play last week of Allen, Campbell, even Jarrett deserved some criticism from his play against colts. And especially HC/DC Dan Quinn, who got his *** handed to him by frank reich. But Freeman? He wasn’t why we lost against colts, at all.......you flappers are being ridiculous, and anyone with a football I. Q. > 50 knows that.

If you really cared about this team as you claim, you wouldn’t be harping on one of the players who had a good game. You're full of crap. 

Would anyone else like to be heard....

I dont blame yall....

Cause he just shut this **** down :lol:

Vandy likes this

19 hours ago, caponine said:

Lol you're proving my point here ya know. You steadily falsely accuse someone of saying something when they didnt. Nobody in here as even talked about Freeman failing. What are you even talking about ?? You like to paint a picture that whoever criticizes Freeman is the bad guy.

And yeahh I'll just tell the truth, Coleman leaving still bothers me. Not because he left but because you ran him out of town for doing the exact same things that Freeman is doing now. You solely blamed coleman and used him as a reason why the season was bad and you always saw the negative even when he was playing good and the team just stopped using him. You do it for one player but not the other. Freeman is missing holes and is slow to the hole but " ohh it's not his fault,  it's the Ol's" smh.

I dont know who you're trying too fool here but you know you ain't the victim here nor is Freeman 

Your post is so bad it’s hardly worth a response. 

We all know you’re always wearing your Teco 49er’s jersey whenever you post this freeman silliness. And you are looking dumber than dumb posting this right after a game in which freeman clearly shook off the rust and looked like the freeman of old. Just as I said he eventually would. And in a season where Coleman, who you predicted all offseason would thrive under Shanny,  has 23 whopping rushing yards for the season. LOL man, you need a filter, because you’re embarrassing yourself.

As far as what was posted between me and g-dawg, stay out of it, as you have no clue the history there. 

8 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Would anyone else like to be heard....

I dont blame yall....

Cause he just shut this **** down :lol:

My man ROH :).

All these flappers who hide under the guise of “team” to attack players on our team, even after they had a good game. We’ve seen them do it to Julio for years. Saying they are full of **** and aren’t being truthful is mild and me holding some back, my friend. 

RING OF HONOR and athell like this

15 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It's not my fight and tell me to mind my business if y'all want...

Personally, the limited couple of posts in this thread and the one @Vandy quoted could be taken that you thought Free might be done being like his former 2016 self...that something wasn't right.

Maybe someone doesn't see that as on the fence. I think you may have genuinely been on the fence and before had even thought it pointless to cut him over the Dead vs actual gained cap space confusion; which only makes this sort of conversation more muddled.

I'm pretty sure everyone agrees the run game was looking bad weeks 1 and 2 and we hadn't seen a good game out of Freeman since 2017 regular season before he hurt his knee vs Tampa ending that season and wound up gimpy in the playoffs.

Fast forward over a season later; basically 2018 wasted for him, and it was always more about his recovery from those rash of injuries than his mileage...he was low mileage and not given carries like a Bellcow.

Regardless of what may happen moving forward...I think it was fair to WONDER about Freeman...from mere health alone...hey, he made it 3 games now getting the most carries.

I think maybe some things were taken out of context based on what I see here tho and some may read what your post may have implied but I didn't see you explicitly state he was done either.

Hope y'all can make ammends and just move past it...as it's pointless in-fighting on this stuff.

Either way I've been wrong before and excuse me if I'm also out of line. :tiphat:

Meh, there’s history there. G tagged me several times last week rubbing me about freeman’s Slow start to season because he knows we disagree on freeman. My only response has been he looks rusty, and I want to see how he does after he shakes that rust off, because he’s  looked physically fine. Many of us know overcoming injuries is as much mental as it is physical. 

So of course I rubbed him back after freeman had that breakout game. And G couldn’t handle it. 

43 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Your post is so bad it’s hardly worth a response. 

We all know you’re always wearing your Teco 49er’s jersey whenever you post freeman silliness. And you are looking dumber than dumb posting this right after a game in which freeman clearly shook off the rust and looked like the freeman of old. Just as I said he eventually would. And in a season where Coleman, who you predicted all offseason would thrive under Shanny,  has 23 whopping rushing yards for the season. LOL man, you need a filter, because you’re embarrassing yourself.

As far as what was posted between me and g-dawg, stay out of it, as you have no clue the history there. 

I could give two sh*ts about what you have going on with another poster. That's not my concern. I am concerned that You just like to change people's words and make them seem like the bad guy. You misinterpret and change people's words to fit your own narrative that you are always right with Freeman and that he is the poor defenseless victim. 

He looked like Freeman of old ?? Where at ?? Last time I saw that was 2 years ago. Lol he returns next game. Lol ik your not talking about rushing yards when Freeman couldnt break 100 yards against 30 rank run defense. I think you're making yourself look ridiculous. Everyone has called you out on it and most here seems to agree that he has lost a step or at least slowed down a bit.  Are you just annoyed because majority dont follow your sentiments ?? 

Edited by caponine

9 minutes ago, caponine said:

I could give two sh*ts about what you have going on with another poster. That's not my concern. I am concerned that You just like to change people's words and make them seem like the bad guy. You misinterpret and change people's words to fit your own narrative that you are always right with Freeman and that he is the poor defenseless victim. 

He looked like Freeman of old ?? Where at ?? Last time I saw that was 2 years ago. Lol he returns next game. Lol ik your not talking about rushing yards when Freeman couldnt break 100 yards against 30 rank run defense. I think you're making yourself look ridiculous. Everyone has called you out on it and most here seems to agree that he has lost a step or at least slowed down a bit.  Are you just annoyed because majority dont follow your sentiments ?? 

LOL.

https://www.shop49ers.com/youth-nfl-pro-line-tevin-coleman-scarlet-san-francisco-49ers-player-jersey/p-14947135143281+z-9373-2889230201

1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Atlanta's cool man....you will like it here..

Where are you coming from

Dalton. We go there for a week. Stay in a hotel cant leave or anything. They wanna see us drive a ups delivery car in that traffic. 

15 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

That’s not cherry picking stats. I’ve stayed over and over ppl are making an assumption based on games against 2 top run stopping defenses. How many yards did kamara have rushing against the rams? Against Dallas last year? THAT is my argument. You use 2 games against stout running defenses to say he’s lost a step? He looked fine in the Minny game to me. They just fell behind 2 scores and we were one dimensional. Show me the running back that has no games below 4.0? They don’t exist. He doesn’t look like he’s lost a step to me. He literally has run away from ppl. The only thing I’ve noticed is his shiftiness is a little rusty but that will hey back on track too. 

It is cherry picking stats when you point out that people don't know what they are talking about, and you use one game as an example.  Also, saying Philadelphia's run defense is stout, doesn't match up to their stats THIS YEAR.  Their run defense is solid, but not STOUT.  Also, what in the world does Alan Kamara have to do with this? Or the Rams? or Dallas? :lol:

caponine likes this

10 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

It is cherry picking stats when you point out that people don't know what they are talking about, and you use one game as an example.  Also, saying Philadelphia's run defense is stout, doesn't match up to their stats THIS YEAR.  Their run defense is solid, but not STOUT.  Also, what in the world does Alan Kamara have to do with this? Or the Rams? or Dallas? :lol:

Lol that's the same "stout"defense Coleman tore up 2 years ago and where Ito had 8 ypc this year smh. For people that call out others' arguments for being dumb and nonsensical , their arguments aren't that convincing either 

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

40 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Dalton. We go there for a week. Stay in a hotel cant leave or anything. They wanna see us drive a ups delivery car in that traffic. 

Hold on....They wont let yall leave the hotel??

Ovie_Lover likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

My man ROH :).

All these flappers who hide under the guise of “team” to attack players on our team, even after they had a good game. We’ve seen them do it to Julio for years. Saying they are full of **** and aren’t being truthful is mild and me holding back, my friend. 

You are speaking nothing but truth on this topic, my friend.  I swear some of these "fans" are closet Saints fans the way they hate on their own players.  And just lol at the "who me?!" act regarding Tevin.

Vandy likes this

4 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Hold on....They wont let yall leave the hotel??

Nope. We drive down there and park our personal vehicles inside of a gate and they keep it locked until the end of the week. We take a shuttle in the morning to class and it brings us back and that's it.

22 minutes ago, caponine said:

Lol that's the same "stout"defense Coleman tore up 2 years ago and where Ito had 8 ypc this year smh. For people that call out others' arguments for being dumb and nonsensical , their arguments aren't that convincing either 

Try to refrain from using past teams to make an argument about this year.

That would be like... "lol why are people giving up so many pass yards to the cheifs this year, they didn't give up that many two years ago".

You're gonna say "Pat Mahomes wasn't starting two years ago", yeah and the eagles had different players two years ago too.

Vandy and athell like this

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

Nope. We drive down there and park our personal vehicles inside of a gate and they keep it locked until the end of the week. We take a shuttle in the morning to class and it brings us back and that's it.

Got ****....That dont sound like UPS....that sound like DOC :lol:

Time for you to come clean man...what you in for...lol

Ovie_Lover likes this

Just now, RING OF HONOR said:

Got ****....That dont sound like UPS....that sound like DOC :lol:

Time for you to come clean man...what you in for...lol

:lol: they take it insanely seriously man.

I'm talking shave with a straight razor every morning, iron your clothes every morning, polish your boots every morning. Look up the 5 seeing habits and 10 point commentary, we are expected to memorize those. 

RING OF HONOR likes this

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I'm talking shave with a straight razor every morning, iron your clothes every morning, polish your boots every morning. Look up the 5 seeing habits and 10 point commentary, we are expected to memorize those. 

****....lol

It is what is....gone and get that money

Ovie_Lover likes this

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

You delivering presidential classified documents or what?!?!  *******!

RING OF HONOR and Ovie_Lover like this

3 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Sounds like the military. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

28 minutes ago, athell said:

You are speaking nothing but truth on this topic, my friend.  I swear some of these "fans" are closet Saints fans the way they hate on their own players.  And just lol at the "who me?!" act regarding Tevin.

If you're going to indirectly talk about me then do it directly instead of sub commenting 

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

I apologize for that. The worst of me comes out when I see flappers like yourself posting stupid ****.

i called freeman out in our loss against Vikings, so take your “white- knight” nonsense and cram it. 

Falcons lost last week for a lot of reasons....mainly defense. Call out the bad play last week of Allen, Campbell, even Jarrett deserved some criticism from his play against colts. And especially HC/DC Dan Quinn, who got his *** handed to him by frank reich. But Freeman? He wasn’t why we lost against colts, at all.......you flappers are being ridiculous, and anyone with a football I. Q. > 50 knows that.

If you really cared about this team as you claim is where your “loyalty” lies (pun intended), you wouldn’t be harping on one of the players who had a good game. You're full of crap. 

I really ruffled your feathers!

If you weren't blinded by your rabid apoplectic frenzied rush to defend Freeman like some mother hen defending her last sickly chick, you would see that I DID say that he had a pretty good game. But that the fact his best game was just "pretty good" is a problem. It was by no means and no measure a great, a fantastic, a breakout game. It was just that: pretty good. I also never said he was the reason we lost. I have very clearly laid that at the feet of our incompetent head coach.

My problem with Freeman is NOT just his performance in the Indy game (which was, as I said, pretty good). But even in his best game in years (due to injury--- more on that later), he did not exhibit the tackle-breaking power, elusiveness, and authority he had prior to injuries. Not that he's bad: just perhaps slightly above the curve back, rather than the ground-and-air weapon he had been.

My problem, as I have clearly stated in other threads, is that you NEVER give ANY running back in today's NFL a big second contract. The position is too prone to injury, to prone to early physical decline, too susceptible to wear and tear, and too easily replaceable by a mid-to-late round draft pick to ever justify a big second contract or a big free agent signing. Ito is a perfect example; he is currently as effective, if not marginally more so, than Freeman is. But is far cheaper. And in a couple of years, we can spend a 5th-7th round pick to get HIS replacement.

I believe we should have drafted and developed a truly credible backup to Matt Ryan a few years ago. Why? I am certainly not an anti-Ryan guy. I have tussled with the likes of Swift and FFS70 defending him many times in the past. Not because I am a fan of Matt Ryan; because I am a fan of winning Falcon football, and Matt Ryan was (and still is) the second best quarterback we have ever had. Because Matt Ryan gave--- and gives--- us the best chance to win. So why spend valuable draft capital on a backup quarterback that we hope never plays?

Quarterbacks get hurt at an alarming rate. We are very lucky that Matt Ryan has been so durable behind the awful lines he has played behind.

Because an effective "hot/trendy" backup can fetch more draft capital than was spent acquiring him.

Because if we had a viable, in-house developed alternative to Matt Ryan, we could have had a realistic alternative to paying Matt Ryan $30 million+/year.

Remember: my loyalty is to the team. The last player I was emotionally invested in was William Andrews. I really and truly haven't cared about a single PERSON on this roster since the day William Andrews went down. I care only about players. I care about effective commodities. Nothing more. The moment a player becomes a liability, be it due to age, injury, declining skills, even a change in system that renders them obsolete: at that moment, I am done with them and I am looking to move on.

In my opinion, Freeman (nor any running back) should never have been signed to a big contract. But in the here-and-now, I believe that injury has eroded his capabilities enough that younger, cheaper backs can do the job just about as well as he can.

So lay off the PMS-attacks. None of this is (or should be) personal. It's just football business. You are clearly too invested in players as individuals to have anything resembling a valid opinion, so stop, calm down, wipe the spray of spittle from your monitor, wash the tears from your eyes, take a deep breath, and look at what I said, and at Freeman's last performance. Without looking at it through a jaundiced lens, you will see that he was pretty good. Reasonably effective. But NOT the dominating, driving force he had been, NOR a washed up has-been.

BTW, what is your obsession with a 1920's dance craze? I'm curious why you keep calling people "flappers"?

giphy.gif

Edited by Roanoke Falcon
caponine and Boise Falcon Fan like this

17 minutes ago, caponine said:

If you're going to indirectly talk about me then do it directly instead of sub commenting 

Don't worry about her. She's clearly hysterically emotional, blind to dispassionate logic, and thus completely dismissable. Just talk football.

caponine likes this