FalconsFanSince194eva

Alright I have to say it..... Freeman has to go next year!

359 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I’ve never heard a running back with a 5.5 ypc in a game get this much Flack. Even Stark doing his cut ups said freeman looked back to form and I agree. I’m played that exact position and I didn’t see ANY of the bs some of these guys are talking about. Free hit holes hard and precise. He made jump cuts, made ppl miss and ran thru some ppl. I don’t see what they see at all. Had they not fallen behind early free probably carries the ball 22-25 times and I’m sure finished with about 120-130 yards. 

It’s just dumb brother. A team’s so-called fan(s) hoping a player fails, and then when he doesn’t fail they’re in here trashing him anyway. This thread’s full of them.

6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

There is no flip about semantics. You ******* lied.

And like I said earlier, take that nonsense somewhere else. Since you can’t handle my replies, don’t tag me.

Flying Falcon likes this

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

It’s just dumb brother. A team’s so-called fan(s) hoping a player fails, and then when he doesn’t trashing him anyway. This thread’s full of them.

Doesn’t make sense. 5.5 ypc in a game we had to abandon the run. 88 yards on 16 carries. In the SB he had 11 carries for 75 yards. We abandoned the run in that game as well. I’m mind boggled 

Flying Falcon, Vandy, athell and 1 other like this

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

And like I said earlier, take that nonsense somewhere else. Since you can’t handle my replies, don’t tag me.

I can handle honest discussion and disagreement but when you have to misrepresent things I say to try and win an argument,  yeah that’s not gonna go over well.

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I can handle honest discussion and disagreement but when you have to misrepresent things I say to try and win an argument,  yeah that’s not gonna go over well.

It's not my fight and tell me to mind my business if y'all want...

Personally, the limited couple of posts in this thread and the one @Vandy quoted could be taken that you thought Free might be done being like his former 2016 self...that something wasn't right.

Maybe someone doesn't see that as on the fence. I think you may have genuinely been on the fence and before had even thought it pointless to cut him over the Dead vs actual gained cap space confusion; which only makes this sort of conversation more muddled.

I'm pretty sure everyone agrees the run game was looking bad weeks 1 and 2 and we hadn't seen a good game out of Freeman since 2017 regular season before he hurt his knee vs Tampa ending that season and wound up gimpy in the playoffs.

Fast forward over a season later; basically 2018 wasted for him, and it was always more about his recovery from those rash of injuries than his mileage...he was low mileage and not given carries like a Bellcow.

Regardless of what may happen moving forward...I think it was fair to WONDER about Freeman...from mere health alone...hey, he made it 3 games now getting the most carries.

I think maybe some things were taken out of context based on what I see here tho and some may read what your post may have implied but I didn't see you explicitly state he was done either.

Hope y'all can make ammends and just move past it...as it's pointless in-fighting on this stuff.

Either way I've been wrong before and excuse me if I'm also out of line. :tiphat:

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

3 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Doesn’t make sense. 5.5 ypc in a game we had to abandon the run. 88 yards on 16 carries. In the SB he had 11 carries for 75 yards. We abandoned the run in that game as well. I’m mind boggled 

You can't cherry pick stats. If some think he has lost a step, they may have a point.  I for one had thought he lost a step, but I must admit he looked pretty good on Sunday.  I have never been a big fan of the way he runs, because I like guys who hit the whole without all of the hesitation/herky-jerky movements.  

In 3 games this year, he is averaging 3.7 yds. per carry.  Not good.  Some will say that he played against 2 great DL's.  Well, the Eagles are only allowing 2.9 yc, so they definitely qualify, but the Vikings are allowing 4.4 yc.  Not exactly stellar.  Not horrible, but not out of this world either.  The Colts are allowing 5.3 yc.  So he is well below the average that 2 of the teams are allowing.  It is early, and there has been changes on the OL, so he could get better. However, you can't fault some for not liking what they see.

7 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

You can't cherry pick stats. If some think he has lost a step, they may have a point.  I for one had thought he lost a step, but I must admit he looked pretty good on Sunday.  I have never been a big fan of the way he runs, because I like guys who hit the whole without all of the hesitation/herky-jerky movements.  

In 3 games this year, he is averaging 3.7 yds. per carry.  Not good.  Some will say that he played against 2 great DL's.  Well, the Eagles are only allowing 2.9 yc, so they definitely qualify, but the Vikings are allowing 4.4 yc.  Not exactly stellar.  Not horrible, but not out of this world either.  The Colts are allowing 5.3 yc.  So he is well below the average that 2 of the teams are allowing.  It is early, and there has been changes on the OL, so he could get better. However, you can't fault some for not liking what they see.

That’s not cherry picking stats. I’ve stayed over and over ppl are making an assumption based on games against 2 top run stopping defenses. How many yards did kamara have rushing against the rams? Against Dallas last year? THAT is my argument. You use 2 games against stout running defenses to say he’s lost a step? He looked fine in the Minny game to me. They just fell behind 2 scores and we were one dimensional. Show me the running back that has no games below 4.0? They don’t exist. He doesn’t look like he’s lost a step to me. He literally has run away from ppl. The only thing I’ve noticed is his shiftiness is a little rusty but that will hey back on track too. 

16 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

That’s not cherry picking stats. I’ve stayed over and over ppl are making an assumption based on games against 2 top run stopping defenses. How many yards did kamara have rushing against the rams? Against Dallas last year? THAT is my argument. You use 2 games against stout running defenses to say he’s lost a step? He looked fine in the Minny game to me. They just fell behind 2 scores and we were one dimensional. Show me the running back that has no games below 4.0? They don’t exist. He doesn’t look like he’s lost a step to me. He literally has run away from ppl. The only thing I’ve noticed is his shiftiness is a little rusty but that will hey back on track too. 

To me, other than staying healthy, is seeing his jukes come back and him trusting making guys miss instead of the 'looking for contact' in space approach.

Before this past weekend, there was only a couple plays like the PHI game to show he still has some pep and that ain't "slowed-down Michael Turner lost a step" in his pep. Free looked straightline like I always recalled. He rarely outrun secondaries to the endzone but was good for pops ala Ingram, etc.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
Flying Falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

To me, other than staying healthy, is seeing his jukes come back and him trusting making guys miss instead of the 'looking for contact' in space approach.

Before this past weekend, there was only a couple plays like the PHI game to show he still has some pep and that ain't slowed-down Michael Turner lost a step pep. Free looked straightline like I always recalled. He rarely outrun secondaries to the endzone but was good for pops ala Ingram, etc.

That’s a great point. When turner miayva step you could SEE he lost a step. He couldn’t run away from anybody anymore. Free is still running away from ppl. And you can SEE it. 

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

How's your day going bro

Dude... Im good.  Working...trying to make all the money...

Ive been in and out....reading what folks saying....I cant get involved in this nonsense.  I value my sanity.  

Props to all thats fighting the good fight.

Ive been down on this team

Matt.  Julio..  Freeman...

The Defense...Quinn....Kutter.. Special Teams.   But Im also no dummy. 

To early to get in the bunker.. Week 8 is my target week.....LETS GET IT

Ovie_Lover and Flying Falcon like this

4 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Dude... Im good.  Working...trying to make all the money...

Ive been in and out....reading what folks saying....I cant get involved in this nonsense.  I value my sanity.  

Props to all thats fighting the good fight.

Ive been down on this team

Matt.  Julio..  Freeman...

The Defense...Quinn....Kutter.. Special Teams.   But Im also no dummy. 

To early to get in the bunker.. Week 8 is my target week.....LETS GET IT

I feel you on work. I got stuff to study, then I got a driving test, then I got driving school, and then I can go fulltime if I pass all of that. 

RING OF HONOR and Vandy like this

5 hours ago, Vandy said:

It’s just dumb brother. A team’s so-called fan(s) hoping a player fails, and then when he doesn’t fail they’re in here trashing him anyway. This thread’s full of them.

Pointing out a player's decline is not "hoping" he will fail. It is dreading, but expecting him to perform sub-optimally.

Stop with the silly, hysterical, hand-waving white-knighting. It just makes you look sad, desperate, and needy.

My loyalty is to the TEAM. I don't give three flying moose-farts about a single player that isn't helping us win. Someone starts to decline? "Thank you for your contributions. Security, show him the door."

caponine and Boise Falcon Fan like this

5 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I feel you on work. I got stuff to study, then I got a driving test, then I got driving school, and then I can go fulltime if I pass all of that. 

You will get it...I know hard work and desire.. You got it..

Stay the course...

Its what I live by.... Hopefully our Falcons feel the same way.  

Flying Falcon, Ovie_Lover and Vandy like this

On 9/25/2019 at 7:14 PM, Roanoke Falcon said:

Pointing out a player's decline is not "hoping" he will fail. It is dreading, but expecting him to perform sub-optimally.

Stop with the silly, hysterical, hand-waving white-knighting. It just makes you look sad, desperate, and needy.

My loyalty is to the TEAM. I don't give three flying moose-farts about a single player that isn't helping us win. Someone starts to decline? "Thank you for your contributions. Security, show him the door."

LMAO, what are you even talking about?  You flappers are full of ****.

On 9/25/2019 at 6:01 PM, TheFatboi said:

That’s a great point. When turner miayva step you could SEE he lost a step. He couldn’t run away from anybody anymore. Free is still running away from ppl. And you can SEE it. 

Yup.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/video/highlight-devonta-freeman-nearly-takes-it-to-house-on-28-yard-middle-screen

1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

You will get it...I know hard work and desire.. You got it..

Stay the course...

Its what I live by.... Hopefully our Falcons feel the same way.  

The only thing I'm worried about is school. It's down in ATL.

RING OF HONOR likes this

1 hour ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Keanu has 2 consecutive years with season ending injuries. We may bring in insurance...are we cutting him or rescinding his 5th year rookie deal option now?

Moving on without a fighting chance for a proven player that isn't a washed up 30+ yo?

Therein lies the rub. Free hasn't been on the FIELD enough to determine if he can produce or not and people jump out of frustration from his injuries that were within a calendar year of each other...when he first gets back to playing full games.

We said give guys like Allen and Neal a few games for the rust and they showed rust...

We'd love to have Neal back right now. Free staying healthy likely means he will produce. You ain't lost a step at 27 with low mileage without clear evidence. Getting back into the flow and shaky off the rust is another thing. In fact, we have evidence he still has his pep.

That said, Falcons had backup plans for him and will likely plan on a Plan B SS next year. It's only prudent.

Cap could become a factor. I'm gonna hope he helps us win a SB this year.

Flying Falcon likes this

7 hours ago, Vandy said:

You do for one, every chance you get. And everyone in here knows you do too. 

And **** right i call you flappers out on it. That’s what baffles me about some of you, saying you support the team while hoping players (in this case freeman) on team fail. And especially doing it in a week following freeman performed at a high level, while your precious 49er Coleman and his 23 rushing yards for season was out again with an injury. 

You’re not fooling anyone. SMH. 

Lol you're proving my point here ya know. You steadily falsely accuse someone of saying something when they didnt. Nobody in here as even talked about Freeman failing. What are you even talking about ?? You like to paint a picture that whoever criticizes Freeman is the bad guy.

And yeahh I'll just tell the truth, Coleman leaving still bothers me. Not because he left but because you ran him out of town for doing the exact same things that Freeman is doing now. You solely blamed coleman and used him as a reason why the season was bad and you always saw the negative even when he was playing good and the team just stopped using him. You do it for one player but not the other. Freeman is missing holes and is slow to the hole but " ohh it's not his fault,  it's the Ol's" smh.

I dont know who you're trying too fool here but you know you ain't the victim here nor is Freeman 

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

Freeman is the truth this year! Our future this year! I’m a reformed Free hater!  He’s just warming up. He’s this years future! Embrace Free? Get behind him! He’s got this year to be great! Fresh legs! Get behind him Falcon fans! Support our brother! It’s ok!

Schwarzwald and Vandy like this

8 hours ago, Vandy said:

LMAO. You flappers are full of ****.

Yup.

Isn't name calling and profanity against the TOS?

Regardless, resorting to name calling just illustrates, the sad, desperate, silly, manic hand-waving nature of the white-knighting that has been going on around certain players.

Sometimes, I really dont know what some of you all are looking at. Really. I just dont understand it. I guess unless the guy is getting 200 yards with 5 TDs every game so yall Fantasy points win yall tournament, then the guy is a disappointment. Oh well.....

Vandy likes this

4 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Isn't name calling and profanity against the TOS?

Regardless, resorting to name calling just illustrates, the sad, desperate, silly, manic hand-waving nature of the white-knighting that has been going on around certain players.

I apologize for that. The worst of me comes out when I see flappers like yourself posting stupid ****.

i called freeman out in our loss against Vikings, so take your “white- knight” nonsense and cram it. 

Falcons lost last week for a lot of reasons....mainly defense. Call out the bad play last week of Allen, Campbell, even Jarrett deserved some criticism from his play against colts. And especially HC/DC Dan Quinn, who got his *** handed to him by frank reich. But Freeman? He wasn’t why we lost against colts, at all.......you flappers are being ridiculous, and anyone with a football I. Q. > 50 knows that.

If you really cared about this team as you claim is where your “loyalty” lies (pun intended), you wouldn’t be harping on one of the players who had a good game. You're full of crap. 

Flying Falcon likes this