FalconsFanSince194eva

Alright I have to say it..... Freeman has to go next year!

359 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RYNE said:

Cut freeman, save the money. Then Sign me up for Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin. Guy is strong and fast as helI

I'm going to go look him up but all I know is I was Swift from UGA! I think he can be very very special!!! Same level as the other 2 RB in our division!! We need to get alot less money on the offense so we can move it to the defense!! After swift draft defense defense.....

That's if Swift can even come out this year? Not sure lol

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I think Freeman will go but it will be more of a cap related issue.

Hopefully he has a good year so he will have trade value.  Like a 3rd

And I like Freeman but Falcons are going to have cap issues next season.  

You are dreaming my friend if you think Freeman is worth a 3rd.

I will tell you what Freeman is worth - Zip, Zero, Nada, Nothing.

He's overpaid, he's underperforming - too many concussions and declining.   I seriously don't think w/ his contract and production youcould get anything for him - nobody would want that contract - nobody would put in a waiver claim for the contract.

SoldMySoul and caponine like this

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I can’t believe how much hate the offense is getting after that defensive performance yesterday 

I think the Falcons thought that if they took away the run that they keep the Colts offense in check.

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

It's funny the longer this crappy season goes on the more people agree with me even though I'm labeled a troll.

I don’t see you as troll at all. Just a jaded fan. Much of your negativity is straight truth too! Keep doing you. 

MAD597 likes this

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

He's overpaid, he's underperforming - too many concussions and declining.   I seriously don't think w/ his contract and production youcould get anything for him - nobody would want that contract - nobody would put in a waiver claim for the contract.

A waste of money is what Freeman is!! Great post G. Truth hurts. I was not sold on Coleman either. 

2 hours ago, RYNE said:

Cut freeman, save the money. Then Sign me up for Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin. Guy is strong and fast as helI

At the rate the Falcons are going they just might be in position to draft him...

4 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

A waste of money is what Freeman is!! Great post G. Truth hurts. I was not sold on Coleman either. 

probably would have been better to keep coleman 

SoldMySoul likes this

3 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

Sun Tzu is good people and one of my fav posters on TATF so I don't want to beat him up personally - but just see people always overestimate what they can get in a trade.

Freeman's contract alone makes him untradable for even a 7th rounder.  I am not saying teams would have no interest in him - just that the interest would only occur after he was cut and they could sign him to a contract more worthy of his value.

Free is probably a $2-3mm/yr player at best right now - that might even be too high.   He is making over $6mm/yr.   

Sun Tzu 7 and SoldMySoul like this

5 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

At the rate the Falcons are going they just might be in position to draft him...

I know it. I won’t be mad. Cheap stud running back for the next 5 years to finish out Matt and Julios career. We could do worse 

Spts1 likes this

6 minutes ago, caponine said:

Coleman's trash as well - he is already hurt and has played in a grand total of ONE game.

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Sun Tzu is good people and one of my fav posters on TATF so I don't want to beat him up personally - but just see people always overestimate what they can get in a trade.

Freeman's contract alone makes him untradable for even a 7th rounder.  I am not saying teams would have no interest in him - just that the interest would only occur after he was cut and they could sign him to a contract more worthy of his value.

Free is probably a $2-3mm/yr player at best right now - that might even be too high.   He is making over $6mm/yr.   

I wonder what possessed them to pay him so much? Terrible deal!

12 minutes ago, caponine said:

Would have been better to keep Coleman if they wouldn’t have shelled out so much on Free. They way he has been playing, he should be Free.

Edited by SoldMySoul
Iphone

Just now, SoldMySoul said:

I wonder what possessed them to pay him so much? Terrible deal!

w/ contracts, players/teams - it is all about leverage and timing.    Coming off the SB year, Free was smart to strike while the iron was hot.  Had he waited, he could have gotten nothing.

RBs have the shortest careers and tend to fall off production cliffs - don't blame them for trying to strike while they are hot.   But YES, in hindsight was a terrible deal for Falcons w/ all the injuries.

SoldMySoul likes this

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Coleman's trash as well - he is already hurt and has played in a grand total of ONE game.

So you say someone is trash because they are hurt ?? Lol , coleman was not trash by any means 

Just now, caponine said:

So you say someone is trash because they are hurt ?? Lol , coleman was not trash by any means 

Coleman gets hurt a lot.

Neither Free nor Cole has played well since 2017.

They aren't trash in life - I just mean their NFL value is trash and both are bad investments.

35 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah.  I was hoping he would have a really good year.

:)

g-dawg likes this

@Vandy - you still think Free is gonna taste  and get to deposit that 2020 salary from Falcons?   it's jumping from $3.75mm in 2019 to $6.25mm in 2020.

anybody that wants to look at Free's contract here it is:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/devonta-freeman-14514/

you can clearly tell from the way the contract was written that 2020 was the "decision/out year" on the contract.   If he is ballin' the Falcons go year-to-year for next three years - and if he is average or below - he's cut.

he gone.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

@Vandy - you still think Free is gonna taste  and get to deposit that 2020 salary from Falcons?   it's jumping from $3.75mm in 2019 to $6.25mm in 2020.

he is very quiet , is he still here ??

Edited by caponine

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Coleman gets hurt a lot.

Neither Free nor Cole has played well since 2017.

They aren't trash in life - I just mean their NFL value is trash and both are bad investments.

coleman is actually a good football player too. Just needs to see the field better.  Not saying he is freeman but looking for that lane would make him so dangerous but he already is

51 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Hes definitely not living up to his paycheck, for that money he should be a featured back.. Right now hes playing like a 3rd tier back 

I remember I got flamed for not wanting to resign him. My reasons were that he was propped up in Shannys system, couldn't handle a workhorse load, is injury prone due to the way he runs and plays the easiest position to find.

Dont get me wrong Freeman is a good back but we could have used that money so much smarter. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital
caponine likes this