FalconsFanSince194eva

Alright I have to say it..... Freeman has to go next year!

359 posts in this topic

Personally, I think Freeman is done. I like the dude, but I'm not seeing the type of runs we saw before last year. He looks slow, indecisive, and mediocre. For someone who is paid like a top tier back, he isn't performing like one.

Frankly, RBs are a dime a dozen. Trade or Cut him (not sure what the cap implications are). Let Ito start, keep drafting them...

9 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Personally, I think Freeman is done. I like the dude, but I'm not seeing the type of runs we saw before last year. He looks slow, indecisive, and mediocre. For someone who is paid like a top tier back, he isn't performing like one.

Frankly, RBs are a dime a dozen. Trade or Cut him (not sure what the cap implications are). Let Ito start, keep drafting them...

it sucks but I agree. Its not a position we need to spend money on. Draft them, get what you can of their rookie deal, let them walk and collect a comp pick you can use or another back when someone gives them a lot of money.

21 minutes ago, jidady said:

Freeman had 100 yards on 20 touches yesterday, and this thread gets bumped again. Meanwhile, people in the game day thread are raving about Derrick Henry, who had 108 yards on 27 touches.

God, I love this place.

Freeman - 3.3 ypa

Ito - 5.7

The point is, we can get the same production from someone else. It's not that I don't like or appreciate freeman. It's that We're paying him like the 5th best RB in the league, and his production is that of the 33rd best in the league. We could get the same production from someone else, and cheaper.

I feel like something is off with Freeman. Either the injuries are lingering, or hes nervous about running the way he does due to the concussions, something isn't right. Either that, or he's just not the same RB we signed to a huge deal...

caponine likes this

21 hours ago, jidady said:

Freeman had 100 yards on 20 touches yesterday, and this thread gets bumped again. Meanwhile, people in the game day thread are raving about Derrick Henry, who had 108 yards on 27 touches.

God, I love this place.

Free did not have a good game, but did you see our blocking (rather, our lack thereof)? 

If free’s done, then so are every one of our starting OL. 

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Free did not have a good game, but did you see our blocking (rather, our lack thereof)? 

If free’s done, so are every one of our starting OL. 

Well, it's all part of the same issue. We lost Brown and then Mack left and we were already down a player and one dude's a rookie in his first month and...

But Free was terrific in space yesterday. As I mentioned in the game thread, Tennessee took away our WRs, which opened up Hoop. So, they eventually targeted Hoop, and that's when we started dumping the ball to Freeman (and Ito). This proved so effective that it opened Hoop back up again.

I think we'll need to attack linebackers like this for a while to get them off of our blockers, who just aren't up to snuff in the run game yesterday. From what I saw of McGary yesterday, he was getting no push, and Carpenter got whipped by Casey.

Part of that is McGary being inexperienced and having little practice in August. Another part is that Casey is as good as it gets in the league. But for all the talk that our line would be better this year, it's actually regressed.

I *believe* that's because of the competition, but I'm still pretty freaked out about it. We're bad enough on defense that the offense has to carry us.

All of this is secondary to the fact that Free had 100 yards and five yards a touch yesterday. He wasn't the problem and worked hard all day.

Vandy and Schwarzwald like this

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

Well, it's all part of the same issue. We lost Brown and then Mack left and we were already down a player and one dude's a rookie in his first month and...

But Free was terrific in space yesterday. As I mentioned in the game thread, Tennessee took away our WRs, which opened up Hoop. So, they eventually targeted Hoop, and that's when we started dumping the ball to Freeman (and Ito). This proved so effective that it opened Hoop back up again.

I think we'll need to attack linebackers like this for a while to get them off of our blockers, who just aren't up to snuff in the run game yesterday. From what I saw of McGary yesterday, he was getting no push, and Carpenter got whipped by Casey.

Part of that is McGary being inexperienced and having little practice in August. Another part is that Casey is as good as it gets in the league. But for all the talk that our line would be better this year, it's actually regressed.

I *believe* that's because of the competition, but I'm still pretty freaked out about it. We're bad enough on defense that the offense has to carry us.

All of this is secondary to the fact that Free had 100 yards and five yards a touch yesterday. He wasn't the problem and worked hard all day.

..... you cant really be serious ?? This team needs freeman to run for at least 90 yards every game and no Titans let freeman catch those dumpoff passes. 

34 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Freeman - 3.3 ypa

Ito - 5.7

That's the beauty of small sample sizes, and I say that as one of Ito's biggest fans when we drafted him. Free's averaging 4.5 yards a touch right now and has had two straight solid games where he's impacted our offense even without decent blocking.

Just now, caponine said:

..... you cant really be serious ?? . 

Is the irony of this question lost on you in this particular thread?

Vandy likes this

2 hours ago, Nino11 said:

Show me the big gaping holes Freeman is missing. This offense is hot garbage. Ryan’s playing like garbage because the line is playing like garbage. That affects everybody 

its not the big gaping holes, its the holes he would hit consistently before. cant put everything on the OL , ryan and freeman and the wrs 

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

not sure what you are seeing but if you have freeman getting 85 yds receving them youre not winning. They are going to give you that checkdown everytime. Dont you see that ?? Freeman’s not running and other players know he isnt the same. They’ll give him that 

Edited by caponine
Jerz #Quinning likes this

The difference I see in the old Freeman and the older Freeman is that burst is lacking. His first year he was amazing the way he accelerated thru the hole.

He's wiser now and still can see the hole, but he hasn't shown that acceleration.

Just now, caponine said:

They are going to give you that checkdown everytime.

Teams don't willingly give away nine yards a play. It's bad for business. 

Just now, jidady said:

Teams don't willingly give away nine yards a play. It's bad for business. 

guess you didnt realize when you take the wr’s away you win. Theyre fine with freeman catching dumpoffs. It chews up time and they play with everything in front of them. Freeman couldnt make any big plays , titans simply came up and tackled. 

Just now, caponine said:

guess you didnt realize when you take the wr’s away you win.

I guess you missed the entire evolution of the West Coast offense.

Just now, jidady said:

I guess you missed the entire evolution of the West Coast offense.

lol so this team is gonna win with freeman catching 90 yards ?? dude no one fears freeman anymore. Some of those catches came in garbage time. 

GhostofGritz likes this

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

Some of those catches came in garbage time. 

I have to go back and watch but yeah, I think at least half of those yards came in garbage time when Ryan thought he could do a Brady.

That only works against the Falcons.

Just now, caponine said:

so this team is gonna win with freeman catching 90 yards

I'm just going to shut you down right here. When Freeman has 50+ receiving yards, the Falcons are 6-3. He's never had 90 yards in a game before, but we're 3-0 when he has 80+. The data supports the exact opposite of the argument you're espousing.

Not that this will stop you from additional nonsensical, unsupported assertions...

Nino11 likes this

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

I'm just going to shut you down right here. When Freeman has 50+ receiving yards, the Falcons are 6-3. He's never had 90 yards in a game before, but we're 3-0 when he has 80+. The data supports the exact opposite of the argument you're espousing.

Not that this will stop you from additional nonsensical, unsupported assertions...

Hate to ruin your parade but most of that came in garbage time.

8 minutes ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

I have to go back and watch but yeah, I think at least half of those yards came in garbage time when Ryan thought he could do a Brady.

That only works against the Falcons.

Lol nobody trying to hear that though 

FinalScore2.0 likes this

32 minutes ago, jidady said:

That's the beauty of small sample sizes, and I say that as one of Ito's biggest fans when we drafted him. Free's averaging 4.5 yards a touch right now and has had two straight solid games where he's impacted our offense even without decent blocking.

It's not just the numbers though... Ito is much more decisive. He see the hole, and goes. He catches the ball, and gets upfield.

23 minutes ago, caponine said:

lol so this team is gonna win with freeman catching 90 yards ?? dude no one fears freeman anymore. Some of those catches came in garbage time. 

50 Yard Receiving for Freeman came on the last 2 drives of the game...

16 minutes ago, jidady said:

50 of his rec yards came in the last 2 drives. Garbage time.

That's perfect if we're ahead. Not so great when the D is playing Prevent and allowing the 9 yard dumps.

14 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

50 of his rec yards came in the last 2 drives. Garbage time.

That's perfect if we're ahead. Not so great when the D is playing Prevent and allowing the 9 yard dumps.

i tried telling him that lol but he really thought he was shutting me down 

17 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

It's not just the numbers though... Ito is much more decisive. He see the hole, and goes. He catches the ball, and gets upfield.

50 Yard Receiving for Freeman came on the last 2 drives of the game...

my point exactly 

1 hour ago, jidady said:

He can be a tad biased when it comes to freeman.....:ninja:

But you’re also embellishing what freeman did yesterday.....he caught a few dump-off passes but was a non-factor in game.