FalconsFanSince194eva

Alright I have to say it..... Freeman has to go next year!

359 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Not as bad as I thought at all. I thought you were about to say that you slammed your TV on the ground or something....haha.

I also hosted a party. By the time Tevin Coleman scored to make it 27-3, 3 different people said "that's game." And I refused to agree with them saying "this is the Falcons...it's not over until it's over."

It was such mixed emotions after that. When the Patriots made it a 28-20 game, I blurted out, "Anyone still think this game is over???" Everyone in the room was telling me to calm down. Then Julio made his incredible catch and I admittedly felt good after that. However, after the Matthews holding penalty, I said "The falcons are going to lose this game."

And I kid you not dude, I literally said, out loud, EXACTLY what was going to happen. I said "I'll bet my house and life savings right now that the Patriots will drive down the field, score a TD, get the 2 point and tie it. The game will go into OT, and the Patriots will get the ball first, and score on the opening possession breaking the Falcons hearts...who wants to bet???" Everyone just laughed but I was certain. I could just feel it...I could feel the inevitable. 

Once the Patriots scored, I threw my hat across the room and went upstairs into my room. My wife gathered everyone out of the house. I usually recover from a loss almost moments after the game is over. This took about 24 hours. 

The only thing preventing me from losing my **** was that house of people.  They held me in check.

I do remember my buddy being like "The Patriots are done, they aren't coming back from this" and I looked at him with this look of "shut.  the.  ****.  up" but just smiled and nodded.

I had the same thing though.  I go "The Pats are going to win the toss, and drive right down the field and score" and as soon as they won the toss I was just like "here it comes".

We have these intuitions as Falcon fans lol

Vandy and JD dirtybird21 like this

5 minutes ago, athell said:

The only thing preventing me from losing my **** was that house of people.  They held me in check.

I do remember my buddy being like "The Patriots are done, they aren't coming back from this" and I looked at him with this look of "shut.  the.  ****.  up" but just smiled and nodded.

I had the same thing though.  I go "The Pats are going to win the toss, and drive right down the field and score" and as soon as they won the toss I was just like "here it comes".

Yea man, the people at my house weren’t falcons fans. They didn’t get it. I kept saying “they’re going to ******* lose this!!” And they kept laughing and telling me I was overreacting. I’ve never hated being so right in my life 

athell likes this

What made it worse is for the next 24 hours, my phone kept blowing up with texts from people that know I’m a falcons fan. “Sorry bro...” 

“WTF happened to your team man???”

”You ok??”

it was annoying as hell

athell likes this

15 hours ago, caponine said:

It wasn't all that good.  Yall hyping it up more than what it was. Ok ?? Lol what does that have to with anything ?? Think you need get off that pedestal that you on. You keep repeating yourself over and over. Lol you use the same argument everytime "i haven't played football, so it's a dumb argument".

You Played Football, OK WE GET IT!! 

Lol this getting under your skin , because  it ain't just me that's criticizing Freeman now. Yall just cant take people criticizing him.

Wow, just wow. Burned that bridge completely down. 

16 hours ago, athell said:

When the pats won the toss, I actually turned the tv off and threw the remote outside, LOL. With friends and wives in house in shock!!! My bride (of course) made me go retrieve it, so they could watch the end of what I knew was coming. 

Folks in here who claim momentum and such isn’t a thang...SMH, that 4th quarter was surreal, as you could see and feel pats grabbing that momentum and make that comeback. 

athell, JD dirtybird21 and Spts1 like this

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Wow, just wow. Burn that bridge completely down. 

He’s been dissin me ever since i started posting on here. Whether its Freeman/Coleman, Trufant, Vic Beasley, or almost any other player on the Falcons. He always brags about how i didnt play football so i dont know football, because i say something its a dumb comment and i have no idea what im talking about.

18 minutes ago, caponine said:

He’s been dissin me ever since i started posting on here. Whether its Freeman/Coleman, Trufant, Vic Beasley, or almost any other player on the Falcons. He always brags about how i didnt play football so i dont know football, because i say something its a dumb comment and i have no idea what im talking about.

If I were you cappy, I would take a break. You’re a good guy, not worth burning bridges with other good guys. 

And that Roanoke clown is a troll. 

48 minutes ago, Vandy said:

When the pats won the toss, I actually turned the tv off and threw the remote outside, LOL. With friends and wives in house in shock!!! My bride (of course) made me go retrieve it, so they could watch the end of what I knew was coming. 

Folks in here who claim momentum and such isn’t a thang...SMH, that 4th quarter was surreal.

I said to myself in the 3rd quarter when they were still up big but the momentum had shifted. " they ACTUALLY are gonna lose this "...  You could see it coming from waay off...

Edited by slickgadawg
Vandy and athell like this

15 hours ago, athell said:

And I probably wasn't over over it for like 4 days...

I clown them to this day because of it.  Its why a lot of my posts are jokes about them...

athell likes this

15 hours ago, athell said:

When the strip-sack happened is when I told my wife we were going to lose the game.... I felt it was a huge turning point physically, mentally, **** spiritually as well with our team... I was a high school teacher bragging to all my students about my team going to the Super Bowl in dominant fashion... I didn't sleep that night. I wanted to call in to work but knew it would look worse to my students haha. So I sacked up, went to work, got berated with choking noises and taunts. I didn't watch ESPN or come on this forum for a full 31 days.

I also had plenty of friends/family texting me "wow sorry man" or "this one might sting forever" etc... it was rough.

athell and Vandy like this

16 hours ago, caponine said:

It wasn't all that good.  Yall hyping it up more than what it was. Ok ?? Lol what does that have to with anything ?? Think you need get off that pedestal that you on. You keep repeating yourself over and over. Lol you use the same argument everytime "i haven't played football, so it's a dumb argument".

You Played Football, OK WE GET IT!! 

Lol this getting under your skin , because  it ain't just me that's criticizing Freeman now. Yall just cant take people criticizing him.

Stephen A Smith,  Cowherd and Bayless never played football and they are millionaires based off yaking about it...

1 hour ago, emc008 said:

When the strip-sack happened is when I told my wife we were going to lose the game.... I felt it was a huge turning point physically, mentally, **** spiritually as well with our team... I was a high school teacher bragging to all my students about my team going to the Super Bowl in dominant fashion... I didn't sleep that night. I wanted to call in to work but knew it would look worse to my students haha. So I sacked up, went to work, got berated with choking noises and taunts. I didn't watch ESPN or come on this forum for a full 31 days.

I also had plenty of friends/family texting me "wow sorry man" or "this one might sting forever" etc... it was rough.

Related image

athell likes this

8 hours ago, Vandy said:

If I were you cappy, I would take a break. You’re a good guy, not worth burning bridges with other good guys. 

And that Roanoke clown is a troll. 

its just some people that you cant get along with , everybody on here has posters like that. how am i burning bridges though?? we never really got along 

12 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Stephen A Smith,  Cowherd and Bayless never played football and they are millionaires based off yaking about it...

which is why i dont understand, just because someone doesnt play a sport means they dont know what they are talking about and that their opinion is dumb and stupid 

On 9/23/2019 at 6:58 PM, Roanoke Falcon said:

Freeman was awesome for a while.

Freeman is also why you do NOT give ANY running back a long contract extension. Draft another mid-rounder, save some money, move on down the line.

Yep - the Falcons got played on that contract. 

It would be nice to finally have an RB with breakaway speed that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field and pair him up with a bruising bigger back to punish Defenses and for short yardage situations