FalconsFanSince194eva

Alright I have to say it..... Freeman has to go next year!

359 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

What back wouldn't take that average over a 16 game season?

Strange thread.

I said it before, I'll say it again...I think it's been so long since people have seen a truly healthy Devonta Freeman and what a truly healthy Devonta Freeman can do that they just assume he is washed at this point and have already written him off.  I get some of it, I myself question if he can handle the RB1 duties over a full season, but man Devonta Freeman when he is on his game is an excellent RB in today's NFL.

4 minutes ago, jidady said:

To a larger point, something we all need to do better on this board is remember that the other teams can be good, too. The three teams that we've played are 57-38-1 over the last two seasons. And that's even skewed a bit by the fact that Indy was 4-12 before Reich showed up. If we take that out, we're talking about 53-26-1, which means these teams win two-thirds of their games.

Oh believe me I’ve mentioned it. I’ve said we lost to 2 good teams ON THE ROAD and beat a good team at home. But it goes overlooked because the sky is falling and everybody is in their feelings. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Yep. People are frustrated with the loss and are trying to blame players they dislike for it. Seeing the same thing with Koetter. Biases tainting reality. People gotta learn to remove emotion from judgement. 

I think it’s impossible. That’s why I give myself a 24 hour rule to be mad then I calm down and rewatch the game and look at the good and the bad and watch the small things that hurt us as well as the big obvious things. I watch assignments that probably 99% of the board don’t watch nor know what it is they’re looking at if they did try. 

Just now, TheFatboi said:

I think it’s impossible. That’s why I give myself a 24 hour rule to be mad then I calm down and rewatch the game and look at the good and the bad and watch the small things that hurt us as well as the big obvious things. I watch assignments that probably 99% of the board don’t watch nor know what it is they’re looking at if they did try. 

The SB did things to me I am not proud of lol.  Now I take it for what it is.  It's a game.  It has no bearing on my day to day life, win/lose or tie.  I will always root for them, I will always get annoyed when they underperform, I will always be a fan...but some of these people need to seriously reevaluate their live's if this is what a football team can do to them.

1 minute ago, athell said:

The SB did things to me I am not proud of lol.  Now I take it for what it is.  It's a game.  It has no bearing on my day to day life, win/lose or tie.  I will always root for them, I will always get annoyed when they underperform, I will always be a fan...but some of these people need to seriously reevaluate their live's if this is what a football team can do to them.

The SB messed me up for a while. I didn’t watch any sports shows for the entire offseason. But I also didn’t let the loss affect my life. I was just done with football until the next season started lol. 

4 minutes ago, athell said:

Straight up!!

athell likes this

9 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

The SB messed me up for a while. I didn’t watch any sports shows for the entire offseason. But I also didn’t let the loss affect my life. I was just done with football until the next season started lol. 

Exactly. Just move along and pretend football doesn't exist for a while. Enjoy the outdoors, enjoy the family, enjoy beer... life goes on and it's pretty grand with or without football. 

athell and TheFatboi like this

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

16 carries for 88 yards and a 5.5 ypc is better than an ok game. Especially when the run had to be abandoned to play catch-up. 

@Roanoke Falcon is who produced  that jewel of a post, which frankly was one of dumber posts I’ve seen in TAFT in quite some time. Very impressive, considering.

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

What mic drop! He better pick that sh*t up lol. I want you to show me any running back with a 5.5 ypc that wouldn’t be deemed a good game? Especially when the run had to be abandoned to play catch-up. 

Crickets, LOL. 

Flying Falcon and athell like this

12 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Exactly. Just move along and pretend football doesn't exist for a while. Enjoy the outdoors, enjoy the family, enjoy beer... life goes on and it's pretty grand with or without football. 

Absolutely 

14 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I legit don't think some of these people here want to enjoy anything in their real lives.  Makes me wonder if it's just the Falcons that do this to them or if they are just really miserable people and hate everything.

Flying Falcon likes this

7 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

I was against the Freeman signing, pretty vocal about it but anyone who thinks Freeman had a bad game against the Colts or has to "go" based on it is straight up delusional. 

Arguably his best game since 2016 imo. He looked really close to old Free. 

I know you did, and I respect that. But you also are a great poster who has enough range to not let that sway your objectivity and see things for how they are. That’s the difference.

Bobby.Digital and jidady like this

Just now, athell said:

I legit don't think some of these people here want to enjoy anything in their real lives.  Makes me wonder if it's just the Falcons that do this to them or if they are just really miserable people and hate everything.

Lol, for real. There are some posters that gloat when we lose and disappear when we win. It's like they get more joy out of the teams' failures than they do the success. Probably need that external something to blame for their unsatisfying lives, so when the team wins and they don't get that outlet they grow even more resentful and are just biding their time for the team to mess up so they can come on here and explode.

athell, jidady, Peteshweddy and 2 others like this

Just now, Dr Long Shot said:

Lol, for real. There are some posters that gloat when we lose and disappear when we win. It's like they get more joy out of the teams' failures than they do the success. Probably need that external something to blame for their unsatisfying lives, so when the team wins and they don't get that outlet they grow even more resentful and are just biding their time for the team to mess up so they can come on here and explode.

Seriously...it's so weird to me.

32 minutes ago, athell said:

Social media for many is a toxic forum where they can vent all of that bent-up anger out. 

Dr Long Shot and athell like this

6 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

This is it. Sorry for my repeat of this Dr Long, I missed it earlier. You said it much more elegantly above than I did. 

29 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I know you did, and I respect that. But you also are a great poster who has enough range to not let that sway your objectivity and see things for how they are.  

Likewise bro! 

Vandy likes this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

This is it. Sorry for my repeat of this Dr Long, I missed it. You said it much more elegantly above than I did. 

No need, your broader point about social media enriches the conversation further. Outrage culture is everywhere today and social media is just a big 'ol dumpster fire filled with miserable people trying to pull everything and anyone that they can down to their depressing emotional level. 

Vandy likes this

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

What mic drop! He better pick that sh*t up lol. I want you to show me any running back with a 5.5 ypc that wouldn’t be deemed a good game? Especially when the run had to be abandoned to play catch-up. 

By your standards?? Tevin Coleman :tiphat:

2 hours ago, athell said:

Please go on....

athell and Vandy like this

3 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

If they can’t tell that Free was well on his way to a 120-130+ yard game then it can only be 2 things. They’re illiterate to averages or there’s an agenda. In this case I say it’s both because Cap has shown me some weird ways of how he thinks the game is played so I know he’s never touched a football in an actual football game before. I don’t know anybody that would say that performance last Sunday was subpar. He was limited because of falling behind. This is just football common sense. 

It wasn't all that good.  Yall hyping it up more than what it was. Ok ?? Lol what does that have to with anything ?? Think you need get off that pedestal that you on. You keep repeating yourself over and over. Lol you use the same argument everytime "i haven't played football, so it's a dumb argument".

You Played Football, OK WE GET IT!! 

Lol this getting under your skin , because  it ain't just me that's criticizing Freeman now. Yall just cant take people criticizing him.

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You gotta share with us...what’d you do when that game was over?

This is how it went down...and mind you I had a house full of people over for the SB party so it really saved me from breaking anything and everything...

Quarters 1-2.75 : Into the game but not talking too much **** because...well...I am a Falcon fan and know better...

Bennett scores the TD : Uh oh it's beginning...but we got this...

Quarter 4 : Was 15 football minutes, which felt like 4 years, of what felt like quick sand watching my team slowly drown...the house is now dead quiet and guests not talking to anyone...

OT Pre Coin Flip : Me standing there with my fingers and toes crossed

OT Post Coin Flip : Sat back down, arms folded, wondering what I did to deserve this

DPI on Campbell : Got up...muttered "I can't watch the ending" and slowly walked to my room where I sat alone trying to make sense about what happened and what was about to happen...

Vic almost intercepts the pass : I didn't see this happen, but heard my guests go nuts so I bolted up only to hear them go "ohhhhhhhhhh" so I sat back down...

White TD : Heard the guests just talking quietly and starting to leave...

So I went out to the living room, couldn't make eye contact with anyone, and thanked everyone for coming and immediately went to bed where I did not sleep the entire night.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

18 minutes ago, athell said:

This is how it went down...and mind you I had a house full of people over for the SB party so it really saved me from breaking anything and everything...

Quarters 1-2.75 : Into the game but not talking too much **** because...well...I am a Falcon fan and know better...

Bennett scores the TD : Uh oh it's beginning...but we got this...

Quarter 4 : Was 15 football minutes, which felt like 4 years, of what felt like quick sand watching my team slowly drown...the house is now dead quiet and guests not talking to anyone...

OT Pre Coin Flip : Me standing there with my fingers and toes crossed

OT Post Coin Flip : Sat back down, arms folded, wondering what I did to deserve this

DPI on Campbell : Got up...muttered "I can't watch the ending" and slowly walked to my room where I sat alone trying to make sense about what happened and what was about to happen...

Vic almost intercepts the pass : I didn't see this happen, but heard my guests go nuts so I bolted up only to hear them go "ohhhhhhhhhh" so I sat back down...

White TD : Heard the guests just talking quietly and starting to leave...

So I went out to the living room, couldn't make eye contact with anyone, and thanked everyone for coming and immediately went to bed where I did not sleep the entire night.

Not as bad as I thought at all. I thought you were about to say that you slammed your TV on the ground or something....haha.

I also hosted a party. By the time Tevin Coleman scored to make it 27-3, 3 different people said "that's game." And I refused to agree with them saying "this is the Falcons...it's not over until it's over."

It was such mixed emotions after that. When the Patriots made it a 28-20 game, I blurted out, "Anyone still think this game is over???" Everyone in the room was telling me to calm down. Then Julio made his incredible catch and I admittedly felt good after that. However, after the Matthews holding penalty, I said "The falcons are going to lose this game."

And I kid you not dude, I literally said, out loud, EXACTLY what was going to happen. I said "I'll bet my house and life savings right now that the Patriots will drive down the field, score a TD, get the 2 point and tie it. The game will go into OT, and the Patriots will get the ball first, and score on the opening possession breaking the Falcons hearts...who wants to bet???" Everyone just laughed but I was certain. I could just feel it...I could feel the inevitable. 

Once the Patriots scored, I threw my hat across the room and went upstairs into my room. My wife gathered everyone out of the house. I usually recover from a loss almost moments after the game is over. This took about 24 hours.