FalconsFanSince194eva

Alright I have to say it..... Freeman has to go next year!

359 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Vandy said:

It’s when you know who has the agendas, right after a guy has a great game. It’s just one game, so he does have to build off of that and keep it going. But he sure looked like the freeman of old to me. For anyone who is really a fan of this team, we should all hope I’m right about that. 

My only issue.  Agendas.  I don't mind being critical of anyone, including Matt and Julio, but I cannot stand the agendas here sometimes.

I thought Free looked great on Sunday and if Matt wasn't so off in the first half, the lead wouldn't have been so big, and Free woulda probably ended with over 130/140 yards off more touches.

13 minutes ago, athell said:

My only issue.  Agendas.  I don't mind being critical of anyone, including Matt and Julio, but I cannot stand the agendas here sometimes.

I thought Free looked great on Sunday and if Matt wasn't so off in the first half, the lead wouldn't have been so big, and Free woulda probably ended with over 130/140 yards off more touches.

Honestly, Matt was only off with maybe 2 plays in the 1st half. 

A hold cost us a FG shot or moving the chains on drive 1. INT cost us points period on drive 2. Settled for a FG on the 3rd when he didn't get a good throw to Hooper.

So...2 bad throws? He basically had to be perfect for us to even have a shot at a shootout.

athell and Vandy like this

How many RBs have ONLY looked good for Shannahan?

Add one to the list. I wanted to see him perform with a different OC before giving him a new contract.

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Honestly, Matt was only off with maybe 2 plays in the 1st half. 

A hold cost us a FG shot or moving the chains on drive 1. INT cost us points period on drive 2. Settled for a FG on the 3rd when he didn't get a good throw to Hooper.

So...2 bad throws? He basically had to be perfect for us to even have a hot at a shootout.

Yeah, you are right.  Was more coming from a perspective of, 1st and 10 just outside the redzone...you are thinking at least 3, hopefully 7 and it goes the other way...thankfully they were held to 3.

Overarching point, Free could have/should have had more carries and done even more damage but oh well.  And it wasn't even really a shootout which makes it more frustrating.  Even through the mistakes and penalties, it was right there for the taking.  Blah.

On 9/23/2019 at 7:02 PM, lju713 said:

Or take Swift. Would add a Kamara type element to the offense

Haven't you noticed; Coach/TD do not select the great GA Bulldogs players! :argh:

The Daywalker likes this

8 hours ago, Vandy said:

Defense lost Indy game, not Ryan or freeman. 

It’s when you know who has the agendas, right after a guy has a great game. It’s just one game, so he does have to build off of that and keep it going. But he sure looked like the freeman of old to me. For anyone who is really a fan of this team, we should all hope I’m right about that. 

Here's your disconnect from reality.

He didn't have a "great" game. he had a pretty good game. He had a perfectly ok game. Nothing more, nothing better than that. Compared to the previous two games? Perhaps. Compared to pre-injury Freeman? Then that was a pedestrian game.

These past two years prove why I adamantly oppose giving ANY running back a market-setting second contract. And when Freeman signed, he was the highest or second-highest paid RB in the league. But no one is hoping he fails. No one is hoping his decline continues. When you twist people's observations of a player's decline into claiming they "hate" the player, or want to see him fail, or root for some other team--- then THAT just screams sad, desperate, rabid, hysterical white-knightism.

You take criticism of certain players as a personal attack. It's not personal. It's just football. Players age. Players decline. Injuries. Scheme changes. Grow up. Calm down. Take a deep breath. Argue with facts rather than hurling insults and name-calling.

caponine likes this

7 hours ago, Falcster said:

Haven't you noticed; Coach/TD do not select the great GA Bulldogs players! :argh:

Kamara was a Tennessee Volunteer. unless you were making a point I missed?

Flying Falcon likes this

37 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

He didn't have a "great" game. he had a pretty good game. He had a perfectly ok game. Nothing more, nothing better than that. Compared to the previous two games? Perhaps. Compared to pre-injury Freeman? Then that was a pedestrian game.

These past two years prove why I adamantly oppose giving ANY running back a market-setting second contract. And when Freeman signed, he was the highest or second-highest paid RB in the league. But no one is hoping he fails. No one is hoping his decline continues. When you twist people's observations of a player's decline into claiming they "hate" the player, or want to see him fail, or root for some other team--- then THAT just screams sad, desperate, rabid, hysterical white-knightism.

You take criticism of certain players as a personal attack. It's not personal. It's just football. Players age. Players decline. Injuries. Scheme changes. Grow up. Calm down. Take a deep breath. Argue with facts rather than hurling insults and name-calling.

*mic drop* , i think that’s all folks. Careful fellow “flapper” , he’ll accuse you of rooting for another team or not intelligent :ninja:

14 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Try to refrain from using past teams to make an argument about this year.

That would be like... "lol why are people giving up so many pass yards to the cheifs this year, they didn't give up that many two years ago".

You're gonna say "Pat Mahomes wasn't starting two years ago", yeah and the eagles had different players two years ago too.

Your point ?? they still had tough defenses and stout defenses. 

?? That makes no sense , two very different scenarios. Eagles still have most of their DL and LB starters 

14 hours ago, Falcster said:

Lol.. Facts. But hey if we fire Coach/TD and hire Bieniemy from the Chiefs....maybe that changes that narrative.:ninja::slick:

12 hours ago, caponine said:

*mic drop* , i think that’s all folks. Careful fellow “flapper” , he’ll accuse you of rooting for another team or not intelligent :ninja:

In his case it’s definitely an I. Q. Issue.

In your case it’s not an either/or, it’s both. 

13 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Pedestrian game my ***.  5.5 YPC is a great game. Anyone with half a brain knows that.

And nobody but yourself gives a rats *** whether or not you oppose 2nd contracts, or any other nonsense you spew in here. The GM and coach who built this team gave him one, and they know 1000X more about this issue than you do. They  also just gave 2nds to LB Jones and DT Jarrett as well. If a player such as free gets banged up, it goes along with the territorial risks of the game. 

This thread is littered with a few so-called knuckleheads like yourself who claim they are ‘fans’ of team who hope freeman fails, as there are similar dumb threads in here every single week about Julio Jones/Matt Ryan/ freeman et al, usually with the same usual  boorish suspects in those as well. 

Bottom line, You’re lying to me and yourself saying otherwise. If free puts together another great game like he did last week you’ll either still be spewing a version of this nonsense, or you’ll disappear. We all know you certainly won’t be sharing the fact that you were wrong in that he hasn’t regressed or indicate that you’re pulling for him, because you and the poster above are all in hoping he fails. And if he fails, team fails. 

You two haven’t got me or anyone else in here fooled. Troll Flappers.

TheFatboi, Flying Falcon and athell like this

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

In his case it’s definitely an I. Q. Issue.

In your case it’s not an either/or, it’s both. 

Pedestrian game my ***. 

And nobody but yourself gives a rats *** whether or not you oppose 2nd contracts. The GM of the team gave him one. He also just gave 2nds to LB Jones and DT Jarrett as well. It’s goes along with the risks of the game. 

This thread is littered with so-called knuckleheads who claim they are ‘fans’ of team like yourself who hope freeman fails. You’re lying to me and yourself saying otherwise. If he puts together another great game like he did last week you’ll either still be spewing this nonsense, or disappear. You certainly won’t be sharing the truth that he in fact hasn’t regressed or indicate that you’re pulling for him, because you and the poster above are all in hoping he fails. And if he fails, team fails. 

See how far you going ?? Lol , you said i use to do this all the time. So he has to face bad run defenses at this point to have good games ?? You’re quick to insult when most people here are saying the opposite. It bothers you, it just riles you up when we say what we have said. It just gets under your skin 

7 hours ago, caponine said:

See how far you going ?? Lol , you said i use to do this all the time. So he has to face bad run defenses at this point to have good games ?? You’re quick to insult when most people here are saying the opposite. It bothers you, it just riles you up when we say what we have said. It just gets under your skin 

I’ll obviously go as far as I feel I need to, LOL. Nothing’s changed for either of us. I’m all in as a fan of the players and team, same as I was with Coleman when he was here. If they play poorly, I say as much (as I did of freeman after Minny game).

While you’re clearly more a fan of Coleman  than team who hopes freeman (and thereby team) fails. The same Teco who has 20-something measly rushing yards this season who you predicted all offseason would shine for Shanny’s 49ers.  You went all in with that, and I admittedly take some pleasure seeing you look foolish with it.

You're the one confused on my stance because of where your head is at due to all the above, as it’s not that complicated. If a player has a bad game and team loses, have at it. I only get “riled up” when people such as yourself diss a player of team after they played a good game, as it clearly shows they have an agenda. There’s plenty of players, especially on defense and including the DC, to criticize after last week. You and brother flapper boy choose to target freeman, and I called you both out on it. And so here we are. 

TheFatboi, Flying Falcon and athell like this

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

I’ll obviously go as far as I feel I need to, LOL. Nothing’s changed for either of us. I’m all in as a fan of the players and team, same as I was with Coleman when he was here. If they play poorly, I say as much (as I did of freeman after Minny game).

While you’re clearly more a fan of Coleman  than team who hopes freeman (and thereby team) fails. The same Teco who has 20-something measly rushing yards this season who you predicted all offseason would shine for Shanny’s 49ers.  You went all in with that, and I admittedly take some pleasure seeing you look foolish with it.

You're the one confused on my stance because of where your head is at due to all the above, as it’s not that complicated. If a player has a bad game and team loses, have at it. I only get “riled up” when people diss a player of team after they played a good game, as it clearly shows they have an agenda. There’s plenty of players, especially on defense and including the DC, to criticize after last week. You and brother flapper boy choose to target freeman, and I called you both out on it. And so here we are. 

I just showed in the GB/Philly game thread that the eagles held ALL the skins backs to 28 yards on 13 carries. Held Free to 22 yards on 11 carries. Held Johnson from Detroit to 36 yards on 20 carries and held Aaron Jones to 21 yards on 13 carries. But free lost a step. Or could it be the eagles have probably the best run defense in the nfl? 

Vandy, Flying Falcon and jidady like this

13 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

16 carries for 88 yards and a 5.5 ypc is better than an ok game. Especially when the run had to be abandoned to play catch-up. 

12 hours ago, caponine said:

What mic drop! He better pick that sh*t up lol. I want you to show me any running back with a 5.5 ypc that wouldn’t be deemed a good game? Especially when the run had to be abandoned to play catch-up. 

Flying Falcon and Vandy like this

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

You're the one confused on my stance because of where your head is at due to all the above, as it’s not that complicated. If a player has a bad game and team loses, have at it. I only get “riled up” when people diss a player of team after they played a good game, as it clearly shows they have an agenda. There’s plenty of players, especially on defense and including the DC, to criticize after last week. You and brother flapper boy choose to target freeman, and I called you both out on it. And so here we are. 

I was against the Freeman signing, pretty vocal about it but anyone who thinks Freeman had a bad game against the Colts or has to "go" based on it is straight up delusional. 

Arguably his best game since 2016 imo. He looked really close to old Free. 

jidady, Flying Falcon, Vandy and 1 other like this

21 hours ago, athell said:

If they can’t tell that Free was well on his way to a 120-130+ yard game then it can only be 2 things. They’re illiterate to averages or there’s an agenda. In this case I say it’s both because Cap has shown me some weird ways of how he thinks the game is played so I know he’s never touched a football in an actual football game before. I don’t know anybody that would say that performance last Sunday was subpar. He was limited because of falling behind. This is just football common sense. 

Flying Falcon, athell and Vandy like this

4 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

I was against the Freeman signing, pretty vocal about it but anyone who thinks Freeman had a bad game against the Colts or has to "go" based on it is straight up delusional. 

Arguably his best game since 2016 imo. He looked really close to old Free. 

Absolutely he did. When in the cut ups from Stark he said free looked himself making jump cuts, running away from ppl and thru ppl. These guys I don’t know what they’re talking about. And you and I had debated over his contract but you’ve never had anything to say about him as a player. I’ve never EVER heard a back with a 5.5 ypc had a bad or ok game when thw run game was abandoned to play catch-up. 

15 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Or could it be the eagles have probably the best run defense in the nfl? 

To a larger point, something we all need to do better on this board is remember that the other teams can be good, too. The three teams that we've played are 57-38-1 over the last two seasons. And that's even skewed a bit by the fact that Indy was 4-12 before Reich showed up. If we take that out, we're talking about 53-26-1, which means these teams win two-thirds of their games.

8 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

What back wouldn't take that average over a 16 game season?

Strange thread.

It's not even the weirdest one on the board. When we lose, some folks just can't hold their water.

athell likes this

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Absolutely he did. When in the cut ups from Stark he said free looked himself making jump cuts, running away from ppl and thru ppl. These guys I don’t know what they’re talking about. And you and I had debated over his contract but you’ve never had anything to say about him as a player. I’ve never EVER heard a back with a 5.5 ypc had a bad or ok game when thw run game was abandoned to play catch-up. 

Yep. People are frustrated with the loss and are trying to blame players they dislike for it. Seeing the same thing with Koetter. Biases tainting reality. People gotta learn to remove emotion from judgement. 

athell, Flying Falcon, Vandy and 1 other like this