FalconsFanSince194eva

Alright I have to say it..... Freeman has to go next year!

359 posts in this topic

Okay I get it Freeman had a "good" game last week, but it could have been better, There were multiple big holes to run through but Freeman either didn't see it, indecisive, or too slow to hit it. What really pushed me into the we need a new RB group was a run to the left side of the field. I can't remember who it was but I think it was Hardy, he had his man pinned to the inside and I for sure thought Free would hit the outside and get 15+ yards, but nope he cuts back in for some reason gains no yards because Hardy had to let his man go. Old Freeman would have hit the outside and been gone, Coleman would have busted a 30+ yard play, and any RB with his head on should have taken the outside. I think Freeman best days are past him and we need a burner with vision next year.

Flame away if you must but this is my 2 cents.

rugger8 likes this

1 minute ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

Okay I get it Freeman had a "good" game last week, but it could have been better, There were multiple big holes to run through but Freeman either didn't see it, indecisive, or too slow to hit it. What really pushed me into the we need a new RB group was a run to the left side of the field. I can't remember who it was but I think it was Hardy, he had his man pinned to the inside and I for sure thought Free would hit the outside and get 15+ yards, but nope he cuts back in for some reason gains no yards because Hardy had to let his man go. Old Freeman would have hit the outside and been gone, Coleman would have busted a 30+ yard play, and any RB with his head on should have taken the outside. I think Freeman best days are past him and we need a burner with vision next year.

Flame away if you must but this is my 2 cents.

Freeman was awesome for a while.

Freeman is also why you do NOT give ANY running back a long contract extension. Draft another mid-rounder, save some money, move on down the line.

1 minute ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Freeman was awesome for a while.

Freeman is also why you do NOT give ANY running back a long contract extension. Draft another mid-rounder, save some money, move on down the line.

Yup, get 3-5 years out of a RB and move on. It is what it is in the NFL for RBs.

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I concur, but after his best game in 2 years gotta question the timing of the thread :shrug:

Because this game showed me a lot of missed opportunities. Two years ago Free would have had 150yds. There were open lanes this game. 

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I'm not flaming, I saw holes yesterday a young Freeman or another good RB could have taken advantage of yesterday. I said as much on the in-game thread. 

I saw holes yesterday Freeman 3 years ago would have taken it to the house.. But the oline did make Free look better than what he really was imo

WhenFalconsWin likes this

IMO, he's not the same guy right now. We'll see going forward how he does...

BTW, we would save 3.5 million if we cut him after this season. Wouldn't be surprised if he was a cap casualty. 

mtldirtybird likes this

Unless Freeman bounces back in a big way then idk what happens to him. They faced one of the worst run defenses in the nfl and the running game struggled to even get 90 yards. He looks hesitant and slow. 

On a side note,   alot of people bashed Coleman for doing the same thing. But this board is quiet on Freeman

I said that it was an impossibility but something worth watching. Freeman for Melvin Gordon. I said a few weeks ago that this wouldn't surprise me. 

Edited by caponine
⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I can’t believe how much hate the offense is getting after that defensive performance yesterday 

I don’t see any hate for the offense this year. Why can’t we point out that Freeman is not as good as he once was. Let’s get it right the D crapped the bed last game with a little help from a crappy first half O. 

caponine and ⚡Slumerican⚡ like this

Just now, caponine said:

Unless Freeman bounces back in a big way then idk what happens to him. They faced one of the worst run defenses in the nfl and the running game struggled to even get 90 yards.

I said that it was an impossibility but something worth watching. Freeman for Melvin Gordon. I said a few weeks ago that this wouldn't surprise me. 

I don’t see them throwing 12mil a year at a running back. 

NeonDeion likes this

Just now, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

I don’t see them throwing 12mil a year at a running back. 

If this team is all in and you wanna win now they might. 

Idk what games you guys watch but I seriously question your memory. Coleman had NO vision what so ever between the tackles. If he didn’t have a wide open lane to the outside where he could use his speed he ran into backs and fell down. He isn’t and never will be better then Freeman.

Freeman actually showed he hasn’t lost a step at all. First play of the game he sure looked slow huh? The problem is when your down 10-0 in the blink of an eye and 20-3 in a half the run game is out the window. Swear some people don’t watch football outside of the highlights 

Just now, Nino11 said:

Idk what games you guys watch but I seriously question your memory. Coleman had NO vision what so ever between the tackles. If he didn’t have a wide open lane to the outside where he could use his speed he ran into backs and fell down. He isn’t and never will be better then Freeman.

Freeman actually showed he hasn’t lost a step at all. First play of the game he sure looked slow huh? The problem is when your down 10-0 in the blink of an eye and 20-3 in a half the run game is out the window. Swear some people don’t watch football outside of the highlights 

Not one person in this thread said Coleman was better than Freeman. And even when breaking those runs Freeman still looked slow 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

I wouldn't be opposed. I don't think it's wise to pay a RB big money anyway. Seems like this guy has been expendable since the 28-3 no block strip sack play.

rugger8 likes this

Just now, Nino11 said:

Not saying he is but give him the same energy you gave Coleman. Because he doesnt look good right now. Idk what game you were watching. He could have been much better. He has lost a step 

1 minute ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

Not one person in this thread said Coleman was better than Freeman. And even when breaking those runs Freeman still looked slow 

You saw where he went at right ?? Lol he deflected from the thread topic smh 

Just now, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

You specifically quoted Coleman would of read Hardy’s block correctly and went for 30 which is a lie. Coleman didn’t have the vision or patience to set up his blocks. He just runs full speed at the hole he is supposed to hit and hopes to squirt though. When I said better I’m referring to his vision and hitting holes

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, caponine said:

You saw where he went at right ?? Lol he deflected from the thread topic smh 

People let their bias get in the way. I just want what’s best for the team and people throwing strawmans at us lol. If you think Free hasn’t lost anything then debate that. But nope. Gotta go with the dumb comparisons lol. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this