We had 6 **** offensive drives!

Romfal

2 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Though I agree, but the offense had their share of F*ups too.

I will give credit to the offense for making adjustments......the defense did not.

1st and 20 followed by 1st and 20 followed by 2nd and 20 was super aggravating but at least they still made sure to put it in the end zone.

4 minutes ago, E. T. said:

I will give credit to the offense for making adjustments......the defense did not.

Wellllll, the defense only gave up 7 points in the second half because we started to play more press man in the second half. They should have been doing that most of the game. Soft zones in the first half meant easy 5-7 yard throws that half the people on this board could probably make. Colts offense was stupid simple in the first half. They should have never put up 20 points the whole game, let alone in the first half... 

The offense pretty much had to be perfect in the second half which they pretty much were. But by that time, it was too late, because the D screwed the pooch again by committing crucial penalties on that TD drive by the Colts in the fourth QT. They needed one stop and couldn't do it. Defense and penalties were the killers yesterday.

2 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Wellllll, the defense only gave up 7 points in the second half because we started to play more press man in the second half. They should have been doing that most of the game. Soft zones in the first half meant easy 5-7 yard throws that half the people on this board could probably make. Colts offense was stupid simple in the first half. They should have never put up 20 points the whole game, let alone in the first half... 

The offense pretty much had to be perfect in the second half which they pretty much were. But by that time, it was too late, because the D screwed the pooch again by committing crucial penalties on that TD drive by the Colts in the fourth QT. They needed one stop and couldn't do it. Defense and penalties were the killers yesterday.

All I can say is, they went away from what was working. Just like the SB! Same person calling the plays.

10 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Offense had a generally good game but the slow start (untimely penalty and a rz pick), the ridiculously long 3rd quarter drive (perfect if you have the lead tho) and all the penalties we had to overcome.  It seemed like we were always in 1st or 2nd and 20.  

1 hour ago, Romfal said:

Punt

INT

FG

Halftime

TD

TD

TD

just inexcusable execution by the defense

It has been a problem with our defense since Quinn has been here. Even when our defense gets a stop, the other team has most likely flipped field position. I think our offense had the worst starting field position of all teams which was due to bad defense and special teams.

D couldn’t get off field. We gave them 7 first downs from penalties. I didn’t look how many were on 3rd down but would be interesting to see. 

O had **** near a 200 yard drive that took up 10ish minutes. Again penalties. 

If you listen closely right now, you can still hear them calling penalties against us. 

6 minutes ago, cb5639 said:

D couldn’t get off field. We gave them 7 first downs from penalties. I didn’t look how many were on 3rd down but would be interesting to see. 

O had **** near a 200 yard drive that took up 10ish minutes. Again penalties. 

If you listen closely right now, you can still hear them calling penalties against us. 

Also 7 first downs by penalties was about half their total first downs for the game. Think it was 15 first downs when I looked earlier. 

2 hours ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

At the bar i was raging "We've gone 180 f@#$%g yards but we're barely in field goal range!"

Refs almost refused to let us score.

Later in the game they almost refused to let us advance the ball into Indy territory.

It wasnt the refs man, i know whatcha mean.. But it wasn't the refs

4 hours ago, HEIST said:

Tbf one offensive drive was 10 minutes long but yeah the defense has to get off the field.

The D got plenty of rest and momentum going in to that drive with score at 17-20. Idk how you can’t get off the field after that drive. Colts D was crushed and tired. One stop the Falcons would have scored.

At what stage did the Falcons have the lead?

Dunno if you realise but this team is built for thee offense to carry it.Get out in front and let the D be opportunistic.Takes away the need for our Run D to be on point.

We spent a huge portion of cap on thee offensive side of the ball.Went all in this year on the oline FA & Draft.This crap that we scratch to score 20-24 points a game when we should be scoring 30 plus a week is beyond a joke.

I mean look at that first half against Indy pathetic punt INT FG are we joking and to top that 6 IN farken Ts in 3 weeks and the defense is the problem you reckon OP.

Defense saved us against Philly but this turd show we got going offensively ain’t going to cut it.

6 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The Colts punted once.  ONCE

Tom Brady punts more than once a game....

But somehow the offense is to blame according to this board...

We are not known to have DEFENSE. 

Never will have elite DEFENSE like Bears,  Ravens.

Matt Ryan and Offense have to figure out a way way where on average 10 total drives per game they gotta score a FIELD GOAL each drive.

That puts them at 30 average pts / game.

If that happens FALCONS win over  80% of their games.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Dunno if you realise but this team is built for thee offense to carry it.Get out in front and let the D be opportunistic.Takes away the need for our Run D to be on point.

We spent a huge portion of cap on thee offensive side of the ball.Went all in this year on the oline FA & Draft.This crap that we scratch to score 20-24 points a game when we should be scoring 30 plus a week is beyond a joke.

I mean look at that first half against Indy pathetic punt INT FG are we joking and to top that 6 IN farken Ts in 3 weeks and the defense is the problem you reckon OP.

Defense saved us against Philly but this turd show we got going offensively ain’t going to cut it.

Ryan is more to be blamed on offensive miscues making untimely INT in red zones.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

So the defense can't just play defense? I know what you mean but ****, if you can't count on the defense to help you win a game, then what's the point? If you already have the lead, you already have the lead. Defense needs to be able to execute when they don't have the lead. Yeah, our speed is deadlier when they have to drop back every play, but if that's the case, don't build the defense like that. 

2 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

So the defense can't just play defense? I know what you mean but ****, if you can't count on the defense to help you win a game, then what's the point? If you already have the lead, you already have the lead. Defense needs to be able to execute when they don't have the lead. Yeah, our speed is deadlier when they have to drop back every play, but if that's the case, don't build the defense like that. 

It can but for it to be more effective and attacking,imagine what it would be like if it played with a lead.

Thats the key here the team is built round Ryan and Julio there the keys.

I seriously have never understood why we don’t force feed Julio on other teams just invent ways to get him the ball.When the teams adjust go somewhere else.