The last two guys hired were supposedly good D play callers,so....

falconfan5832

I’m just over rah rah coaches . Just get a guy that coaches football without all the lovey dovey brotherhood stuff . A coach that understands he’s the boss & these guys are basically his employees . BBs voice will never get stale because he runs a program where no one is safe minus the QB. Penderson is the same .. he’s consistently making moves without the attachment and he’s a hellava player caller and adjustment maker . DQ, AB & TD fall in love with everybody guys who become family & lose their edge, that isn’t gonna happen in Seattle, Dallas, New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore or Philly .. our problem isn’t just the HC . The FO, HC & Owner all are. DQ just happens to be the biggest . 

If we move on from DQ (which is looking like the likely outcome without a NFC title game appearance at the minimum IMO) then I want an offensive coach mostly because it'll finally get us off this OC carousel. Any time a team gets a good OC, he's gonna get poached away by the next team with a young QB.Seems easier for teams to sustain a DC change.

Though, the guy who finally fixes our defense will probably be a hot coaching candidate. So hopefully it's an old guy ala Wade Philips.

Edited by HEIST

10 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

It's not changing if DQ leaves. Don't know why people here think otherwise.

I don’t know Ho you can say this considering DQ is in his fifth year. It’s not uncommon for leaders to reach a standstill, and their messaging falling on deaf ears. Look at the difference between Smitty and DQ. With this core group of players it’s quite possible that a HC change could be a huge boost.

personally, if a change in HC is in the cards I’d wait until the end of the season.

I say let’s wait a few more weeks before pushing the whole crowd off the cliff. Indy is a really good team and we didn’t get off the Philly high until the second half. The OL was the big question mark going in to the season and it seems to be getting better. We all know DQ can teach defense. He needs to eliminate half the penalties to start with and then let’s see what happens. The sky’s not falling yet. Back to back wins will clam things down. A record worse than 9 wins will cause a house cleaning. It’ll all work out Uncle ABs got this. 

18 minutes ago, ZoneOne01 said:

It’s pretty insane this team can’t string together 2-3 years of great defensive play. Even going back to the Mike Smith years, the problem still persisted.

There must be a common denominator still involved........ :ninja:

Dimitroff is the common denominator dating back to Smitty.  Franchise needs a reset once DQ is gone.  New GM, throw in some new jerseys, and start looking for the next QB prospect. 

26 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I don’t know Ho you can say this considering DQ is in his fifth year. It’s not uncommon for leaders to reach a standstill, and their messaging falling on deaf ears. Look at the difference between Smitty and DQ. With this core group of players it’s quite possible that a HC change could be a huge boost.

personally, if a change in HC is in the cards I’d wait until the end of the season.

It’s not that. It’s the fact that in these 5 years it’s been 3 OC’s and 3 DC’s. The average casual fan doesn’t see that as an issue but each change brings chanGES. DK has to learn the offense but he also brought his tweaks. DQ is calling the defense but he also tweaked the defense and added some Bob Sutton stuff.

Of course him as HC should feel this heat but it’s doesn't have anything to do with his message or the talent on the building. It’s simply they keep going under the good every 2 years. There’s no way the offense would stall like this is the OC was still Kyle. If DQ was the DC from day 1 they’d fly around with their eyes closed because they’d be so familiar with the offense.

Every time you make a change the players go thru that thinking period where it slows them down a tad and they make more mistakes. This is why college can have powerhouses for long periods of time. The HC usually gets long enough to bring stability and once it’s built the only turnover is players but the system remains the same. Maybe a coordinator gets a HC job after 5+ years of service and you get a hiccup for a season. The nfl is no different.

You HAVE to have coaching cohesion. The falcons have to be the only successful nfl team that has this rapid of coaching changes. Since TD and Matt got here in 08 there has been 2 HC’s,  5 OC’s, and 5 DC’s. On the surface that looks like a losing team but this has been a fairly successful team since Matt and TD got here 12 seasons ago.

Brady’s been in the nfl much longer and he’s still in the same system and has only had 4 OC’s Weiss, McDaniels, some other guy, and McDaniels. The down Years was with some other guy when McDaniels went to Denver. McDaniels was there when Weiss was there. So in contrast that’s like Lafluer being here with Kyle and he gets the OC job when Kyle leaves to be a HC. Instead we brought in a completely different guy in sark and he had to learn the system Lafluer already knew. 

3 hours ago, HEIST said:

If we move on from DQ (which is looking like the likely outcome without a NFC title game appearance at the minimum IMO) then I want an offensive coach mostly because it'll finally get us off this OC carousel. Any time a team gets a good OC, he's gonna get poached away by the next team with a young QB.Seems easier for teams to sustain a DC change.

Though, the guy who finally fixes our defense will probably be a hot coaching candidate. So hopefully it's an old guy ala Wade Philips.

I think a playoff win will probably be enough for DQ to keep his job. If the team misses playoffs and comes out unprepared every other week. DQ is will be gone

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

It’s not that. It’s the fact that in these 5 years it’s been 3 OC’s and 3 DC’s. The average casual fan doesn’t see that as an issue but each change brings chanGES. DK has to learn the offense but he also brought his tweaks. DQ is calling the defense but he also tweaked the defense and added some Bob Sutton stuff.

Of course him as HC should feel this heat but it’s doesn't have anything to do with his message or the talent on the building. It’s simply they keep going under the good every 2 years. There’s no way the offense would stall like this is the OC was still Kyle. If DQ was the DC from day 1 they’d fly around with their eyes closed because they’d be so familiar with the offense.

Every time you make a change the players go thru that thinking period where it slows them down a tad and they make more mistakes. This is why college can have powerhouses for long periods of time. The HC usually gets long enough to bring stability and once it’s built the only turnover is players but the system remains the same. Maybe a coordinator gets a HC job after 5+ years of service and you get a hiccup for a season. The nfl is no different.

I don't disagree with any of this.  It's all spot on, but doesn't DQ still have to take heat for these coaching changes?

Nothing he can do about Kyle, but he's still poaching guys to run Kyle's offense who have no connection to Kyle's offense, then on the defensive side of the ball -- Richard Smith, MM, now he's back to running it with Bob Sutton (?dropping pearls in his ear?) ... he made these hires.  It's not like in Dallas where Jerry has had a history of forcing coordinators on his coach.

6 minutes ago, Jesus said:

How about guys get into position?

Why is Campbell miles behind the guy he is covering?

Vic? What you doing?

Allen pick up your head when you tackle. They teach 10 year olds that shiz.

They are professionals paid millions of dollars. Stop messing around and get your heads straight.

We just have to accept that Campbell is not a good player. He had one OK season and has pretty much played like trash ever since. We made excuses last year because he wasn't playing with Deion as if Deion has anything to do with Campbell's ability to cover, but whatever. This year he has no excuses and so far he has been a massive liability.

Also, the worst thing that happened to us last year is Kazee getting those 7 interceptions, made it impossible for the front office to not see him as a starter this year. Should have kept Brian Poole who is a much better nickel than Kazee... not saying he is good, but at least he was in a position from time to time and made some plays. That's so much more than can be said for Kazee. 

2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Not saying anything about that, I'm talking about the ownership and a tendency to become PR heavy and restrained. Smitty, Mora, DQ - all were pretty intense when they first got here, especially on the sidelines.