How well do we match up with the Titans?

On to Tennessee. We should have a better chance of winning this week since we are at home. How well do you think we match up with the Titans? Do you think we can run on them? Carve their secondary up? Keep Matt Ryan safe in the pocket? How about on defense? Do you think we can get to the QB? Do you think their running game is lethal? Do you think we SHOULD be able to stop them from beating us in the air? 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not worried how we match up with the Titans or anyone else. I'm worried about how we match up with the Falcons. If we commit 16 penalties, target Ridley only once while favoring the backup ti

Both coaches are rah rah, undisciplined teams. Titans DL is very good but the Falcons are at home.  Falcons D plays comparatively better at home. Run Defense will be again key. Davison and B

Depends on which team shows up! 

Not only we’ve lost 11 of our last 12 AFC games, but going back to 2013, we are 1-11 at home vs AFC opponents. YIKES! Outside of the 2015 Texans, we’re setting up a near sweep of every AFC team beating the Falcons in Atlanta for 8 years straight of this trend continues into 2020. It started with the 2013 Sunday Night Football loss to the Patriots, and continued on with the 2013 Monday Night loss to the Jets, and so on.

Edited by mqg96

I'm not worried how we match up with the Titans or anyone else.

I'm worried about how we match up with the Falcons. If we commit 16 penalties, target Ridley only once while favoring the backup tightend, and are unable to get off the field on defense at any point in the game; then we don't matchup with anyone.

If those things don't play out, we match up fine with everyone.

22 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Not only we’ve lost 11 of our last 12 AFC games, but going back to 2013, we are 1-11 at home vs AFC opponents. YIKES! Outside of the 2015 Texans, we’re setting up a near sweep of every AFC team beating the Falcons in Atlanta for 8 years straight of this trend continues into 2020. It started with the 2013 Sunday Night Football loss to the Patriots, and continued on with the 2013 Monday Night loss to the Jets, and so on.

In 2016 we were 2-3, where does 11 of 12 come from? Not saying it's good just not THAT bad. Unless I'm missing something. 

6 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

I'm not worried how we match up with the Titans or anyone else.

I'm worried about how we match up with the Falcons. If we commit 16 penalties, target Ridley only once while favoring the backup tightend, and are unable to get off the field on defense at any point in the game; then we don't matchup with anyone.

If those things don't play out, we match up fine with everyone.

^

Don't matter how we matchup with the Dolphins if we continue to be our own worst enemies.

5 minutes ago, shock said:

The Titans looked down right horrible in their game last Thursday night. Like reeeaaaallly bad. 

Titans 30 Falcons 14

And I have a bad feeling they’ll get it all worked out when they play the Falcons.

Remember how the Steelers were having all kinds of problems before playing the Falcons?

50 minutes ago, Jesus said:

How are their tight ends?

We stop the great TE in Philly, struggle with TEs everywhere else.

Tbh, Philly didnt have alot more options in that game.. And we actually didnt shut him down by any means. Philly has alot of injuries, they are not nearly a good team atm until they get some guys back

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

And I have a bad feeling they’ll get it all worked out when they play the Falcons.

Remember how the Steelers were having all kinds of problems before playing the Falcons?

If we bring that same defense we had yesterday and our offense plays like it did in the firat half.. We could easily get the L

Both coaches are rah rah, undisciplined teams.

Titans DL is very good but the Falcons are at home. 

Falcons D plays comparatively better at home. Run Defense will be again key. Davison and Bailey should match up fairly well. 

Falcons will win at home, it may not be pretty but they will pull of a W. I predicted win against eagles and loss against colts. 

49 minutes ago, kschreck said:

In 2016 we were 2-3, where does 11 of 12 come from? Not saying it's good just not THAT bad. Unless I'm missing something. 

11 of 12 isn’t that far off. . The L’s we’ve taken in order from most recent to least: Colts, Ravens, Browns, Steelers, Bengals, Patriots, Dolphins, Bills, Chiefs, and Chargers. The only win in between all those losses was our win against the Jets in 2017. If you want to add the other 2 AFC games it improves to 3-10, so it’s marginally better than the complete disgrace that 1-12 is/would be. But his point about us sucking at home is true, as the Texans are the only AFC team we’ve beaten at home since the 2012 season.