Schwarzwald

Some good news from DQ presser

85 posts in this topic

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Just said Grady’s toe won’t stop him from next game and he expects him to return to practice later this week. If that holds true, that’s a small victory moving forward.

Wow, that's actually great news.  Toes are one of those weird things where it seems minor but can stop you dead in your tracks for weeks.

Just now, athell said:

Wow, that's actually great news.  Toes are one of those weird things where it seems minor but can stop you dead in your tracks for weeks.

After Lindstrom got the break in week 1, expected turf toe after he couldn’t return...

Another good thing is DQ said he is bringing in a full referee crew for practice this week.

@FalconsIn2020 to your point on the OL, he said we overcame 4 penalties by them on one single drive and that’s unusual to do.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

After Lindstrom got the break in week 1, expected turf toe after he couldn’t return...

Another good thing is DQ said he is bringing in a full referee crew for practice this week.

@FalconsIn2020 to your point on the OL, he said we overcame 4 penalties by them on one single drive and that’s unusual to do.

So he can set the record for flags in a practice as well orrrrrrrrr ?

2 minutes ago, athell said:

Also saw that he said they want to keep Kazee at nickel and exploring options for SS.  Not a fan of anyone behind Neal, especially Ish.  Hope he learned from last season.

Neas got comfortable there last year but if someone truly could learn the defense bring them in ASAP.

I’d definitely rather leave Kazee at Corner. Just put him back there and would rather not sacrifice the run D. TBD if Neas is good enough to play role but I know Ish can’t play it outside of base D run stopping...

athell likes this

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Man we better shore up on penalties, we’ve been shooting our selves in the foot all season. And the offense was great in the second half, on that drive with all those penalties I really didn’t think we would make anything out of it. Somehow we ended up scoring. If they can play like that earlier and more often we could still definitely be a good team. 

Schwarzwald and Tim Mazetti like this

1 minute ago, caponine said:

We know how quinn goes with injuries lol I want to see first 

Eh, usually he isn’t so straightforward.

He didn’t mask kaleb’s knee last week and McGary played 100% of the snaps.

3 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Man we better shore up on penalties, we’ve been shooting our selves in the foot all season. And the offense was great in the second half, on that drive with all those penalties I really didn’t think we would make anything out of it. Somehow we ended up scoring. If they can play like that earlier and more often we could still definitely be a good team. 

No doubt. Now I’m just waiting to hear about Jamon Brown’s hand injury. I want some continuity on that right side while Chris is out. Wes is a good spot man but I don’t trust him starting many games. At least Chris can be back after another 6 if needed. Just gotta make it there.

Unfortunately, as long as the D is inconsistent we gonna try to establish a run game somewhere with our weekly game plans.

The good news is we saw way more life from Free behind the line this week.

I’ll take Free’s production this week every game. Not overworked and over 5 YPC.

Not expecting Ito back from the concussion this week... Barner hurting from one too.

Might just see both QO and Hill this week. Put Sanu back at PR if needed.

8 minutes ago, athell said:

Also saw that he said they want to keep Kazee at nickel and exploring options for SS.  Not a fan of anyone behind Neal, especially Ish.  Hope he learned from last season.

I'm sure he does wanna keep Kazee at nickel we aint got **** else lol... although I think kazee plays better at safety... 

athell likes this

10 minutes ago, athell said:

Smart move. Kazee should stay at NB and not blow the top of the D.

6 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Neas got comfortable there last year but if someone truly could learn the defense bring them in ASAP.

I’d definitely rather leave Kazee at Corner. Just put him back there and would rather not sacrifice the run D. TBD if Neas is good enough to play role but I know Ish can’t play it outside of base D run stopping...

Yeah, I do not want Ish out there full time as the starting strong.  That is a recipe for disaster.  Neas looked solid last year, he had a rough preseason though.  I don't think Eric Berry is the answer either though, so I dunno.

Schwarzwald likes this

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

No doubt. Now I’m just waiting to hear about Jamon Brown’s hand injury. I want some continuity on that right side while Chris is out. Wes is a good spot man but I don’t trust him starting many games. At least Chris can be back after another 6 if needed. Just gotta make it there.

Unfortunately, as long as the D is inconsistent we gonna try to establish a run game somewhere with our weekly game plans.

The good news is we saw way more life from Free behind the line this week.

I’ll take Free’s production this week every game. Not overworked and over 5 YPC.

Not expecting Ito back from the concussion this week... Barner hurting from one too.

Might just see both QO and Hill this week. Put Sanu back at PR if needed.

I like what I saw from Free as well, at least at times. However, Indy has a weak run D. Tennessee and Houston, our next two opponents, haven’t given up much on the ground. Both started off badly in week 1 against Nick Chubb and Alvin Kamara respectively, but since then have done well outside of the Titans allowing a few big runs to skew stats. Hopefully Ollison and/or Hill can provide something in the run game to help alleviate Free. 

1 minute ago, athell said:

Given his college game, he would be a logical choice.  I just hate robbing from Peter to pay Paul.  

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Foye

Would require a conversion and weeks to prep him for a regular season NFL game. No more Jordan Richards rushes insertion please. :ninja:

athell and FalconsIn2012 like this

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

Just call Berry

I don't think Berry is the answer.  Sure the story is amazing and would put butts in seats, but on the field I'm not sure he is it anymore.  If it is Berry or Ish...gimme Berry.  I think the FO needs to work the trade line a little bit with this one.