Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The O.D.B

We got beat by a good team

37 posts in this topic

If you think the Colts aren't a good team, you're fooling yourself. This team will be in the playoffs this year. I had a feeling we were all in for a big let-down against them because we have some stink on us that needs to get washed off asap. I understand the upset, mostly because your all feeling like I do - There is no clear answer to what's wrong here and we know this feeling all to well - 

That said, my biggest gripes of the game are these (things that I haven't seen posted)

Running game - Our running game feels very much like we are back in DKs last term with us. This feels very reminiscent of bashing Stephen Jackson into the butts of our linemen over and over again for the sake of balance in the offense (and not much else). Our 8 minute drive in the 3rd felt insanely familiar to those days. 1st Run=Fail/2nd Pass=incomplete or short/ 3rd and long= pass and Conversion (on DK's last stint here we were forever in 3rd and long). In that 8 minute drive it felt like we were salting the clock away on ourselves. I don't think this is DF's fault because, it feels like our guys are learning new plays. My big gripe here is, it would seem like the coaches would feel the flow of the game and go pass heavy if needed. 

Calvin - 1 catch for 6 yards... - unless the Colts were doubling CR and that's why JJ was getting singled, how the heck does this happen? If CR is healthy, he can't be covered for an entire game. 

Bring back the Shanny plays.......

3 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

Bring back Shanny 

Changed this to my liking, though it's never happening. :lol:

(Granted, yeah, it was his arrogant butt - and Quinn's moronic one in not overruling him - that cheated us of a trophy, but we're never in that game to begin with if he weren't around. I miss the 2016 offense so much.)

43 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

If you think the Colts aren't a good team, you're fooling yourself. This team will be in the playoffs this year. I had a feeling we were all in for a big let-down against them because we have some stink on us that needs to get washed off asap. I understand the upset, mostly because your all feeling like I do - There is no clear answer to what's wrong here and we know this feeling all to well - 

That said, my biggest gripes of the game are these (things that I haven't seen posted)

Running game - Our running game feels very much like we are back in DKs last term with us. This feels very reminiscent of bashing Stephen Jackson into the butts of our linemen over and over again for the sake of balance in the offense (and not much else). Our 8 minute drive in the 3rd felt insanely familiar to those days. 1st Run=Fail/2nd Pass=incomplete or short/ 3rd and long= pass and Conversion (on DK's last stint here we were forever in 3rd and long). In that 8 minute drive it felt like we were salting the clock away on ourselves. I don't think this is DF's fault because, it feels like our guys are learning new plays. My big gripe here is, it would seem like the coaches would feel the flow of the game and go pass heavy if needed

Calvin - 1 catch for 6 yards... - unless the Colts were doubling CR and that's why JJ was getting singled, how the heck does this happen? If CR is healthy, he can't be covered for an entire game. 

Bring back the Shanny plays.......

This !!! Why aren't more people talking about this?? Our running game is atrocious,  its Freeman and the ol's fault. 

Edited by caponine
Flyin' In DC likes this

OK... we got beat by a good team...look at the schedule...what team isn't good??? 0-13 vs AFC, .5oo record since 28-3...If your happy with the .500 record great! Enjoy! Week in week out, its just another...we got to be better...AB, please let us know what your expectations are? Is it a .500 team?????

1 minute ago, Club212 said:

OK... we got beat by a good team...look at the schedule...what team isn't good??? 0-13 vs AFC, .5oo record since 28-3...If your happy with the .500 record great! Enjoy! Week in week out, its just another...we got to be better...AB, please let us know what your expectations are? Is it a .500 team?????

yeah, didn't say anything about being happy. Did you read my post beyond the title? 

Colts are a good team, but we should be much better than them at any juncture. There should not be any comparison with our roster to theirs. Our core group of veterans should be up there with the best. Nobody will ever understand why they look the way they look. Its so disheartening and depressing! I need a drink!!

PokerSteve likes this

We supposed to beat the colts with the talent we have... I bet ya our nemesis would have ran them out of indy even with Teddy... difference is Payton dont **** around, let his team get punched in the mouth or get all these penalties... he counters smh SB run is out of the question for us... can only hope for the playoffs...

1 hour ago, Club212 said:

This is is spot on, really!!!! A 500 team is simply average. Never getting into the playoffs, certainly not going to the big show. A team like this does absolutely zilch for getting a good draft spot and just enough to get you having a stroke thinking you might have a chance until you don’t. 

PokerSteve likes this

3 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Good team bad team.

They punted one ******* time.

Even Tom Brady punts more than once a game!

Haha!!!! Nice!!!

Not saying the Colts are a bad team, but they were missing an All-Pro LB, their best offensive weapon the entire 2nd half, and playing against their backup QB. We committed penalty after penalty.  And we've got to figure out our first halves, we've been outscored 41-3 so far through 3 games.

17 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Good team bad team.

They punted one ******* time.

Even Tom Brady punts more than once a game!

how many times did we punt :ninja:

Yea, they are good. So are we. Absolute cluster-f of a game for multiple reasons (penalties, 22, that horrendous first half).  We should have had them by 10.

I'm fine with losing to good teams.  The issue, specifically with this franchise, is it beats itself far worse than the other team beats us.  Just self-inflicted mistakes and decisions that continue to plague this franchise and prevent them from any kind of sustainable success.  And they just keep doing it!

Many of us thought, “No Luck what luck!!! We got an easy Dub!”

In all honesty I have seen a few of Indy games this year and I really do not see that good of a team. The Falcons should have handily beat this team if we are comparing talent. 

11 hours ago, athell said:

I'm fine with losing to good teams.  The issue, specifically with this franchise, is it beats itself far worse than the other team beats us.  Just self-inflicted mistakes and decisions that continue to plague this franchise and prevent them from any kind of sustainable success.  And they just keep doing it!

Exactly. I remember Mike Smith saying years ago that half the teams in the league beat themselves due to stupid penalties and turnovers. Eliminate that and you win a lot of games. It's what Smith did when he first got here. 

Falcons played well enough in parts to win, but so many pens along with letting the Colts get first down late on.

athell and Flying Falcon like this

They had their starting lb out and a couple other players out. And they didnt have hilton in the second half.

They should have beaten this team.

No excuses. Quinn was out coached and the players who was responsible for these penalties. Should do run sprints up stone mountain.

Edited by RazorWing

We got beat by a good team we should've beaten.  

One thing no one can deny is that, pretty much for the past 40 years, the Falcons always play up...and down...to their competition. 

You watch this Sunday.  No one's blowing anybody out; even if the Titans turn it over five times and commit 12 penalties, the Falcons will be right there with them stinking up the dome.  

Conversely, if the Titans play great and score often...so will we.  

It's a weird phenomenon, and for whatever reason, we've been that way since I've been a fan.  And  that's a pretty long time. 

The Daywalker likes this