D.B.N.

Quinn is soft

74 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Sounds like you’re a Try-hard but you’re actually just as soft if not softer than Dairy Queen. 

um...okay?

3 minutes ago, jstammer said:

he was too busy designing his catchy Super Bowl winning slogan t-shirt

Kinda cool that this is the post you decided to care about the board again. I dig that.

11 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Kinda cool that this is the post you decided to care about the board again. I dig that.

I have been around a bit here and there. Mostly read and not post. Working 6 days a week keeps me pretty busy. 

Just now, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Yeah, it's the fans that are soft!! LOL! :lol: The fans who have stuck around forever through thick and thin, when most sane people would have moved on.  Yeah, it's the fans! 

The same fans who have stuck around through thick and thin, thru all the BS, 28-3 was almost the final straw, and now we are left with a team who can't seem to get their heads out of their own rear ends, LOL

16 hours ago, kschreck said:

Not sure I can equate arguing with refs with having someone's back. Talk is cheap. 

I could have accepted the argument that he should have been working the refs for future calls but if arguing is having someone's back I'll pass on that kind of meaningless support.  

That is literally the definition of DQ having his back in that situation, and if you think that arguing that call wouldn't have had an effect, you'd be wrong. Arguing a call can do a lot of things:

1. Get the flag removed because it was an incorrect application of the rules.
  2. Have an effect on future calls.
  3. Show your team that you will stand up on their behalf.

18 hours ago, Jesus said:

Sounds like the fans are soft.

Ridiculous on so many levels. 99.99% of us aren't even in the circle of friends of a "professional" football player.

Salary,training,talent, etc, etc. etc.

JeffAtl likes this

8 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

That is literally the definition of DQ having his back in that situation, and if you think that arguing that call wouldn't have had an effect, you'd be wrong. Arguing a call can do a lot of things:

1. Get the flag removed because it was an incorrect application of the rules.
  2. Have an effect on future calls.
  3. Show your team that you will stand up on their behalf.

You left off number 4. Get another penalty...lol

MissouriFalcon49 likes this

37 minutes ago, Alomar said:

You left off number 4. Get another penalty...lol

Yep, another penalty would have been devastating!  

The bogus penalty gave the Colts 1st and goal from the 4 yard line.  Another penalty there would have moved the ball a whole 2 yards.

Edited by JeffAtl
PokerSteve likes this

On 9/23/2019 at 1:29 PM, Shooter Says said:

When Charlie C. got hit in the face by that pitch a couple weeks ago Snit had his back and really tore into the umps for not issuing a walk. The fire he showed for his players was contagious and we ended up scoring 9 runs after that. Where was DQ's fire after that terrible call Sunday?

It was a little surprising that Quinn had virtually no reaction to what was pretty obviously a horrific injury to one of his leaders on defense. As far as fire, I've only seen that once in five years, when PI wasn't called on Sherman covering Jones in Seattle. Just doesn't have it in him.

JeffAtl and D.B.N. like this

30 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

It was a little surprising that Quinn had virtually no reaction to what was pretty obviously a horrific injury to one of his leaders on defense. As far as fire, I've only seen that once in five years, when PI wasn't called on Sherman covering Jones in Seattle. Just doesn't have it in him.

Yep that’s a good point. Now that I think about it, that really is the only time we’ve seen fire and passion from Quinn. He does not have it in him at all... he just stands there lifeless on the sidelines. 

PokerSteve and JeffAtl like this

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

Yep that’s a good point. Now that I think about it, that really is the only time we’ve seen fire and passion from Quinn. He does not have it in him at all... he just stands there lifeless on the sidelines. 

I think the CEO duties of being a Head Coach are just too much for him.  If he was just a DC again, he'd probably do fine (might be burnt out though), but running the entire ship seems to have drained all the energy out of him.

9 hours ago, JeffAtl said:

I think the CEO duties of being a Head Coach are just too much for him.  If he was just a DC again, he'd probably do fine (might be burnt out though), but running the entire ship seems to have drained all the energy out of him.

But he is the DC :lol: and his defense blows lol. I think he may be done.