D.B.N.

Quinn is soft

74 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Well that was pretty soft. Not having your hard hitting, laying everything on the line guy's back in a game where he tore his achilles, is pretty weak IMHO.

I get what you are saying, but Neal did remove his helmet while on the field. There was no arguing that.

27 minutes ago, Shiney_McShine said:

What's the saying? Act like you've been there before. The excess celebration after a close win for a early regular season game is indicative of an undisciplined and unprofessional team. That sort of celebration should only occur after winning the Superbowl. 

Quinn needs a "What would Bill Belichick do" shirt 

27 minutes ago, Shiney_McShine said:

What's the saying? Act like you've been there before. The excess celebration after a close win for a early regular season game is indicative of an undisciplined and unprofessional team. That sort of celebration should only occur after winning the Superbowl. 

I was thinking the same thing.   Dudes were running around hugging like they just won a conference championship.   It was the home opener.   You’re supposed to win that one.   These characters make Glanville’s teams look a bunch of monks. 

16 minutes ago, Shiney_McShine said:

Cheat?

Ding ding ding. And he would win while doing it and not give a darn what people think. 

1 hour ago, Alomar said:

I get what you are saying, but Neal did remove his helmet while on the field. There was no arguing that.

That is not automatically a penalty though.  There are conditions around it.

2 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

That is not automatically a penalty though.  There are conditions around it.

There are conditions around it, helmet malfunction, helmets stuck together, and so on, but none of those conditions applied to Neal. I understand wanting to have Quinn fight for his guys, but what is the point of getting another penalty?!

17 minutes ago, Alomar said:

There are conditions around it, helmet malfunction, helmets stuck together, and so on, but none of those conditions applied to Neal. I understand wanting to have Quinn fight for his guys, but what is the point of getting another penalty?!

You are confusing the NFL rule with the NCAA one.  (Hopefully you didn't just make up the list you provided)

Here is the NFL rule 

SECTION 3 UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT ARTICLE 1. PROHIBITED ACTS. There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct. This applies to any act which is contrary to the generally understood principles of sportsmanship. Such acts specifically include, among others:

(h) Removal of his helmet by a player in the field of play or the end zone during a celebration or demonstration, or during a confrontation with a game official or any other player.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2019-nfl-rulebook/

I guess Neal was demonstrating?

Edited by JeffAtl

Wouldn"t call the guy soft.

But I want to see more anger out of him. I like a players coach, I"m pretty sure the locker room has got his respect. But do they fear him?

You know for **** certain players fear BB.

This is a time to get real angry. Constructively so, but fight back, coach Q. You're fighting for your job. Get mad at the guys costing you it.

4 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Well that was pretty soft. Not having your hard hitting, laying everything on the line guy's back in a game where he tore his achilles, is pretty weak IMHO.

Not sure I can equate arguing with refs with having someone's back. Talk is cheap. 

I could have accepted the argument that he should have been working the refs for future calls but if arguing is having someone's back I'll pass on that kind of meaningless support.  

Just now, kschreck said:

Not sure I can equate arguing with refs with having someone's back. Talk is cheap. 

I could have accepted the argument that he should have been working the refs for future calls but if arguing is having someone's back I'll pass on that kind of meaningless support.  

Quinn could have convinced the officials to pick up the flag though - especially since it was in error.  That was a huge penalty since it gave the Colts 1st and goal.

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

Just now, JeffAtl said:

Quinn could have convinced the officials to pick up the flag though - especially since it was in error.  That was a huge penalty since it gave the Colts 1st and goal.

I don't ever remember an official picking up a flag because a coach convinced them they were wrong....literally ever. 

I'm much more concerned about open Colts all over the field, stupid penalties, and bad interceptions than I am how much time the coach did or didn't spend complaining to refs.

Those things are the actual difference in the game.

17 minutes ago, kschreck said:

I don't ever remember an official picking up a flag because a coach convinced them they were wrong....literally ever. 

Officials throw delay of game flags and then the coach points out that he called a timeout.  

Pass interference picked up after coach points out ball was tipped.

The list goes on and on and on.  This isn't college football.  I think many here are confused because they are used to watching SEC games with Gary and Vern on CBS.  

The NFL officials are very open to listening to coaches when it comes to procedural penalties.  

Edited by JeffAtl
Boise Falcon Fan likes this

5 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

DQ has zero backbone and is soft as that Dairy Queen soft serve. The fact that he didn't fight for Neal's unsportsmanlike like penalty after his injury just proves how soft DQ is and he may have lost this team. The fact he is now DC and the defense is still atrocious is sickening - the buck stops with Quinn (and TD).

This team will never escape 28-3... 28-3 is Quinn's legacy. We let yet another backup QB look like an all star - this is par the course for the Atlanta Falcons. We need new blood. Badly. And whoever is content with this mediocrity is part of the problem. You should demand excellence as well. 

It’s time to get together as a Fan base and get Blank to make a move to get a legitimate winner in and get rid of the current regime completely! I’ve been a Falcon Fan for a long time and never Have I seen a more frustrating team to follow and cheer for! This team is quickly going to be associated more with the June Jones Falcons if they keep going in this direction! Changes must be made! The Sooner the Better!

D.B.N. likes this

12 minutes ago, kschreck said:

I'm much more concerned about open Colts all over the field, stupid penalties, and bad interceptions than I am how much time the coach did or didn't spend complaining to refs.

Those things are the actual difference in the game.

Giving the Colts 1st and goal made an actual difference in the game.

kschreck and Boise Falcon Fan like this

9 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

Giving the Colts 1st and goal made an actual difference in the game.

It did but arguing with a ref about a flag they wouldn't pick up wouldn't.

If you read the point you quoted you'd see that I literally just said that the penalties matter lol.

1 minute ago, kschreck said:

It did but arguing with a ref about a flag they wouldn't pick up wouldn't.

Not sure why you are being obtuse about this.  I've already posted the exact rule.

This isn't like arguing balls and strikes or holding.  The officials were already getting together to discuss.

Anyway, I can't be held responsible for you not understanding your own argument.

6 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

DQ has zero backbone and is soft as that Dairy Queen soft serve. The fact that he didn't fight for Neal's unsportsmanlike like penalty after his injury just proves how soft DQ is and he may have lost this team. The fact he is now DC and the defense is still atrocious is sickening - the buck stops with Quinn (and TD).

This team will never escape 28-3... 28-3 is Quinn's legacy. We let yet another backup QB look like an all star - this is par the course for the Atlanta Falcons. We need new blood. Badly. And whoever is content with this mediocrity is part of the problem. You should demand excellence as well. 

Well said ..... the truth hurts and what you said is true 

D.B.N. and JeffAtl like this

2 hours ago, Jesus said:

Sounds like the fans are soft.

Sounds like you’re a Try-hard but you’re actually just as soft if not softer than Dairy Queen. 

JeffAtl likes this