Neal out for Season with Torn Achilles

TheFalcoholic

It BROKE my heart watching him cry on the field yesterday. I have a friend who tore her Achilles and said she actually wasn't in much pain when it first happened (just a "disconnected" feeling). Not sure if that's true for everyone, but if it is, have to think that most of that emotion was recognizing another season is over after everything he did to fight back.

And I will never give Quinn a pass for not RAGING against that unsportsmanlike call. Yes, throwing down a helmet gets the penalty, by the letter of the law. I don't care. You FIGHT that penalty for your player. He didn't throw his helmet at anyone, he didn't throw it because he made a bad play. He threw it because he was in physical and/or emotional agony and he's human. Whether the refs pull it back or not, you fight it. Inexcusable.

3 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

It BROKE my heart watching him cry on the field yesterday. I have a friend who tore her Achilles and said she actually wasn't in much pain when it first happened (just a "disconnected" feeling). Not sure if that's true for everyone, but if it is, have to think that most of that emotion was recognizing another season is over after everything he did to fight back.

And I will never give Quinn a pass for not RAGING against that unsportsmanlike call. Yes, throwing down a helmet gets the penalty, by the letter of the law. I don't care. You FIGHT that penalty for your player. He didn't throw his helmet at anyone, he didn't throw it because he made a bad play. He threw it because he was in physical and/or emotional agony and he's human. Whether the refs pull it back or not, you fight for your player there. Inexcusable.

Ironically, something similar happen to the Braves when Charlie Culberson was hit in the face with a pitch and the ump called it a strike for an attempt to swing at it. Brian Snitker came out like a raging bull and defended his player. Snitker gets much respect from me for that.

20 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

And I will never give Quinn a pass for not RAGING against that unsportsmanlike call. Yes, throwing down a helmet gets the penalty, by the letter of the law. I don't care. You FIGHT that penalty for your player. He didn't throw his helmet at anyone, he didn't throw it because he made a bad play. He threw it because he was in physical and/or emotional agony and he's human. Whether the refs pull it back or not, you fight it. Inexcusable.

He actually did yell at the ref, didnt make as big of a deal as he should have but only time I can recall him protesting anything sadly.

1 hour ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Fighting for the penalty won't overturn it.