How about trying Grace out at SS?

gHost83

How about we try crosstraining Grace at safety with Neal out? If Ish can move from safety to lb why can't the same be possible? I know the responsibilities are much different but the tools are there.

He's great in space, plays the ball well, covers TEs and can come in the box and lay a hit. I'm not saying go and start him there immediately, just try crosstraining training him there to see if he can handle the responsibilities. He's faster than Ish (man is he slow) and more physical than Neasman. 

I know this is a concept that many may disagree with but would like to know your thoughts on this...

That's not something you really wanna do in-season.  If you were thinking of doing that, that's something you wanna rep in OTA's.  It's a completely different deal playing 5 yards off the LOS, vs. playing deep 3rd 10-15 yards away.  Your eye discipline, they way you read keys, stance, footwork, it's all different as a linebacker.

Going to a 4-4 would be the most logical remedy, but even then that's a stretch considering he's been playin as an inside backer all year.

11 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

That's not something you really wanna do in-season.  If you were thinking of doing that, that's something you wanna rep in OTA's.  It's a completely different deal playing 5 yards off the LOS, vs. playing deep 3rd 10-15 yards away.  Your eye discipline, they way you read keys, stance, footwork, it's all different as a linebacker.

Going to a 4-4 would be the most logical remedy, but even then that's a stretch considering he's been playin as an inside backer all year.

This is a reply I can respect. Actual insight. 

Side bar...I just watched the highlights and man, the offense looked unstoppable in the second half.

Defense looked confused most of the game and dazed (besides second half). Forced one punt.Yuck. Keeping Ish in the game running five to ten yards BEHIND TEs falls directly on Quinn for even having him manned up on ANYBODY. You got Grace and Foye with fresh young, faster legs that can probably do better than Ish. Ish has always done better in zone. He's never been fast. He's even slower now. Keep the man on special teams. What do I know though...

https://929thegame.radio.com/media/audio-channel/dave-archer-how-replace-keanu

^Archer thinks we will roll with Allen at SS and Kazee at FS.

Sheffield to Slot CB.

Fingers crossed that Kazee has improved his cerebral game.

@PeytonMannings Forehead @TheFatboi

Might be a dumb question. Can Rico still call secondary adjustments presnap from Strong or is it more of a unit communication thing in general not a Free vs Strong situation?

Maybe a little of both? FS has to first see it if SS is in the box presnap and he sees the field a little better?

5 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

https://929thegame.radio.com/media/audio-channel/dave-archer-how-replace-keanu

^Archer thinks we will roll with Allen at SS and Kazee at FS.

Sheffield to Slot CB.

Fingers crossed that Kazee has improved his cerebral game.

@PeytonMannings Forehead @TheFatboi

Might be a dumb question. Can Rico still call secondary adjustments presnap from Strong or is it more of a unit communication thing in general not a Free vs Strong situation?

Maybe a little of both? FS has to first see it if SS is in the box presnap and he sees the field a little better?

He can still communicate.

My question is going to be the scheme adjustment. We are 8 in the box on early downs. Our SS often acts like a 4th linebacker. Now Rico has never shied away from contact but he’s not a big man at all and I’m not sure I want him making his living in the box like that. 

Beyond that we’re flexible enough to use our safeties interchangeably in coverage as far as who buzz’s down as the hook and who plays deep 1/3.

2 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

He can still communicate.

My question is going to be the scheme adjustment. We are 8 in the box on early downs. Our SS often acts like a 4th linebacker. Now Rico has never shied away from contact but he’s not a big man at all and I’m not sure I want him making his living in the box like that. 

Beyond that we’re flexible enough to use our safeties interchangeably in coverage as far as who buzz’s down as the hook and who plays deep 1/3.

I see. Maybe they prefer this to Neasman on the field more than Kazee?

If Archer’s prediction is correct.

18 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I see. Maybe they prefer this to Neasman on the field more than Kazee?

If Archer’s prediction is correct.

Well I love the idea of more Kazee on the field, but we’ve had trouble stopping the run and Tennessee sure isn’t about to do us any favors in that department.

I love me some Rico, but I ain’t too keen on seeing him try to tackle that monster Derrick Henry.