Jump to content

Braves @ Royals


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Culberson doing what he does, giving back to the community. The children's hospital added some eye black of their own in show of support for Charlie.   

TATF  is basically 10 people all slapping each other on the back these days. It’s not your Daddy’s message board for sure. You can see the corrupted govt schools influence in the mods. Heck 567 got wa

Headed to the game go Braves 

7 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Royals manager and former Braves assistant Ned Yost has announced he will retire after this week. Yost leaves KC with the most wins in the history of the franchise. Hes also the only manager to ever make the playoffs consecutive seasons.

Congrats to him! He did a phenomenal job with us and them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Royals manager and former Braves assistant Ned Yost has announced he will retire after this week. Yost leaves KC with the most wins in the history of the franchise. Hes also the only manager to ever make the playoffs consecutive seasons.

Don't think his health has been the best since he almost died a few years ago after falling out of a tree stand deer hunting.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article184436188.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

Don't think his health has been the best since he almost died a few years ago after falling out of a tree stand deer hunting.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article184436188.html

Probably a combination of that and the Royals rebuild. Theres no winning happening anytime soon in KC. Probably felt it was a good time to turn it over to a new voice. He might slide into a special assistant role to Dayton Moore or something. He certainly claimed his spot in Royals history with the NL style of play he brought to October. If I'm not mistake Yost has the best playoff winning percentage in MLB history minimum 20 games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark Bowman said Snitker plans to get Swanson as many ABs as possible this week. The hope is he gets going and also gives the Braves a final chance to evaluate who should start at SS in the NLDS. He also said Snitker will go with Flowers when Keuchel pitches in October, Folty will work with McCann. Bowman said Keuchel developed an admiration for Flowers framing ability. The other days Snitker will just go with his gut on who should catch. He also mentioned he thinks it's a real possibility O'Day makes the NLDS roster over Luke Jackson. Jackson has been wearing down after carrying the entire bullpen early in the year. O'Day presents a playoff experienced veteran with a very fresh arm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Mark Bowman said Snitker plans to get Swanson as many ABs as possible this week. The hope is he gets going and also gives the Braves a final chance to evaluate who should start at SS in the NLDS. He also said Snitker will go with Flowers when Keuchel pitches in October, Folty will work with McCann. Bowman said Keuchel developed an admiration for Flowers framing ability. The other days Snitker will just go with his gut on who should catch. He also mentioned he thinks it's a real possibility O'Day makes the NLDS roster over Luke Jackson. Jackson has been wearing down after carrying the entire bullpen early in the year. O'Day presents a playoff experienced veteran with a very fresh arm.

Glad to hear he isnt saying that it's a sure thing Dansby will start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2019 at 10:52 AM, Unknøwn said:

Royals manager and former Braves assistant Ned Yost has announced he will retire after this week. Yost leaves KC with the most wins in the history of the franchise. Hes also the only manager to ever make the playoffs consecutive seasons.

Actually, back in the 1970s Whitney Herzog managed the Royals to 3 straight AL West division titles in his 5 years as Royals manager.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...