Braves @ Royals

101 posts in this topic

@Unknøwn

What u think about the playoff rotation

I know the splits say Soroka game 3..

But I think Soroka....Dallas....Fried...Folty

What do u think

And Im thinking real hard at swapping Fried and Folty

Also....anybody can get in on this...post your rotation for the playoffs please..

Playoff rotation: 

Dallas, Soroka, Mike/fried, Dallas/fried, Soroka

Fried back up Mike if Mike doesn't have a good day.

If Dallas doesn't have a good game 1, fried gets game 4

1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

@Unknøwn

What u think about the playoff rotation

I know the splits say Soroka game 3..

But I think Soroka....Dallas....Fried...Folty

What do u think

And Im thinking real hard at swapping Fried and Folty

Also....anybody can get in on this...post your rotation for the playoffs please..

I believe its Keuchel, Folty and Soroka. Fried is in the pen and would get a start in the NLCS if they make it. Keuchel is a vet with a WS ring and a Cy Young. Hes also been hot. Let him set the tone, hes been there done that. 

NashvilleFalcon01 likes this

6 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I believe its Keuchel, Folty and Soroka. Fried is in the pen and would get a start in the NLCS if they make it. Keuchel is a vet with a WS ring and a Cy Young. Hes also been hot. Let him set the tone, hes been there done that. 

So you're going hot and splits...you dont think Fried who is tied for the league in wins....would feel slighted at Folty getting the start and him in the pen when he has been here all year...

Im asking because pitching is very much mental...

12 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Thing with this is Soroka may only pitch one game and is a misopportunity if game 4/5 is needed. 

4 minutes ago, vietlanta said:

Thing with this is Soroka may only pitch one game and is a misopportunity if game 4/5 is needed. 

It would be a bummer but Soroka could throw 2 or 3 innings out of the pen in a Game 5. 

10 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

So you're going hot and splits...you dont think Fried who is tied for the league in wins....would feel slighted at Folty getting the start and him in the pen when he has been here all year...

I think Fried is the type that would be willing to do anything to help. Hes actually an experienced guy coming out the pen compared to others. Hes kind of limped through this month with an ERA over 4.50 right now. I just think Fried is a great weapon in that bullpen. The other 3 guys are just pitching so well right now its tough.

RING OF HONOR likes this

10 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Fried’s mental makeup wouldn’t allow it to be viewed like that.. he’d view it as a challenge.. just has that dawg mentality 

RING OF HONOR likes this

Mark Bowman said Julio seems gassed. Looks tired on the mound and in the stats as well. Bowman added Julio even sounds tired right now.

Acuna's season is over...

Regular season ;). Braves are saying it's a groin strain. He'll be in the lineup next Thursday for Game 1 of the NLDS.

12 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Regular season ;). Braves are saying it's a groin strain. He'll be in the lineup next Thursday for Game 1 of the NLDS.

He definitely can use this week or so off to get ready. I’m not too worried about him at all.

Diamondbacks up 9-5 on the Cards in the bottom of the 8th. A win by the Diamondbacks and the Cards are only up 2 with 3 to go this weekend. 

The Brewers have tonight and tomorrow against the Reds, so let’s say they win those 2 and the Diamondbacks hold on, and we could be looking at a game 163 for the NL Central.

Make them play another game please 

6 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Diamondbacks up 9-5 on the Cards in the bottom of the 8th. A win by the Diamondbacks and the Cards are only up 2 with 3 to go this weekend. 

The Brewers have tonight and tomorrow against the Reds, so let’s say they win those 2 and the Diamondbacks hold on, and we could be looking at a game 163 for the NL Central.

Make them play another game please 

Brewers already out to a big lead in Cincy and St Louis is 2 outs away from losing. Could be a very good night for the Braves...

Because the Braves suck in post season play, i'm already thinking Cardinals in 5 ... but if it's the Brewers they have to play first? Ouch ... I'd have to say Brewers sweep

24 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

some teams just have your number.  Royals have ours.  I know these are not actual everyday line ups but man they got our number.  

And as you say that... we tie it up!!!

Save some of that magic for the postseason man!

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Good. He needs rest and fresh legs, groin. Lol. 

45 minutes ago, HotLantaFalcon said:

Because the Braves suck in post season play, i'm already thinking Cardinals in 5 ... but if it's the Brewers they have to play first? Ouch ... I'd have to say Brewers sweep

Thx for the negative vibe. I hope you die soon. I don’t even feel bad.  Wait. Checking my feelings. My guilt. Nope. Nothing.  Die *****. 

RING OF HONOR likes this

2 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Thx for the negative vibe. I hope you die soon. I don’t even feel bad.  Wait. Checking my feelings. My guilt. Nope. Nothing.  Die *****. 

Man, you've had no chill lately lol